A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He had glamors in those rubies dude it wasn't even rhaegar, just some other dude. Real shyt if it was Rhaegar he would have diced up big ass, uncoordinated ass Bobby Baratheon with one hand while simultaneously strumming the harp and singing a song he just wrote for the battle. Rhaegar is Mance brehs just accept it.

:troll:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Coldhands = Nights King died as a theory last year when HBO introduced that one walker as the Nights King

But now that GRRM has hinted that HIS Nights King is not the same, I think the Coldhands theory is back and is the most likely answer

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
He had glamors in those rubies dude it wasn't even rhaegar, just some other dude. Real shyt if it was Rhaegar he would have diced up big ass, uncoordinated ass Bobby Baratheon with one hand while simultaneously strumming the harp and singing a song he just wrote for the battle. Rhaegar is Mance brehs just accept it.

:troll:
:blessed: POS REP WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

edit: btw any character with shady origins or backstory is Rhaegar, officially

Mance = Rhaegar
Brown Ben Plumm = Rhaegar
Syrio Forel = Rhaegar
Waif = Rhaegar
Coldhands = Rhaegar
Edric Dayne = Rhaegar

Last edited:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
just finished two and started 3.

:ohhh:so lysa is all fukked up over an abortion?

and roose was playing rob the whole time?

i fukkin hate catelyn. how she gonna free jamie and then turn it up on edmure when he tries to get him back? ol stupid ass bytch, i hate her whiny ass chapters.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Coldhands = Nights King died as a theory last year when HBO introduced that one walker as the Nights King

But now that GRRM has hinted that HIS Nights King is not the same, I think the Coldhands theory is back and is the most likely answer
perhaps, if the COTF are in cahoots with the others. but i think that Coldhands is done. dude faded all the way into the background when they got to the cave.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
perhaps, if the COTF are in cahoots with the others. but i think that Coldhands is done. dude faded all the way into the background when they got to the cave.
how is george gonna just NOT tell us who he is though

if bran is so central to the plot that HBO didn't even touch him for a full season to avoid supermega spoilers, how can the guy who is the pivot from bran freezing to death to finding bloodraven not be revealed?

yeahisaidit

All Star
Daps
Has anyone read the theory of Blackfyre being Longclaw?

It basically states that Blackfyre was taken from Bittersteel (after he picked it up when Daemon died on the Redgrass field) by Bloodraven during their battle that left BR with one eye... Bloodraven then hid it amongst his things and took it with him when he took the black. Tinfoil, but it makes much more sense than Mance being Rhaegar.

GRRM needs to hurry up with TWoW so some of these crackpot theories can be put to rest.

Streetcar

All Star
Daps

It basically states that Blackfyre was taken from Bittersteel (after he picked it up when Daemon died on the Redgrass field) by Bloodraven during their battle that left BR with one eye... Bloodraven then hid it amongst his things and took it with him when he took the black. Tinfoil, but it makes much more sense than Mance being Rhaegar.

GRRM needs to hurry up with TWoW so some of these crackpot theories can be put to rest.
Longclaw is an ancestral sword of House Mormont ? Is there suppose to be a confusion somewhere ?

Streetcar

All Star
Daps
just finished two and started 3.

:ohhh:so lysa is all fukked up over an abortion?

and roose was playing rob the whole time?

i fukkin hate catelyn. how she gonna free jamie and then turn it up on edmure when he tries to get him back? ol stupid ass bytch, i hate her whiny ass chapters.
Her chapters are good for Robb and the Riverlands/Vale but she is rude as hell and only criticizing people trying to help her, like that's literally how she thinks of everyone but Ned and sometimes Robb. She fukked up so many things and never acknowledges that. Her son is dead cause she was so stupid.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Her chapters are good for Robb and the Riverlands/Vale but she is rude as hell and only criticizing people trying to help her, like that's literally how she thinks of everyone but Ned and sometimes Robb. She fukked up so many things and never acknowledges that. Her son is dead cause she was so stupid.
yeah its crazy how critical of others she us when she's a fukk up waiting to happen. some of her shyt is cool, that whole ":mjcry: my kids" shyt gets old fast. i can't put robb tully's death on her though, dude was just as stupid. marrying that broad, locking up hey wind cause she was scared.:scust: i fux with starkset, :pacspit: those two though.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA

Definitely false unless GRRM changes his mind about its origins and throws it in at the last minute

Pre-release readings of ADWD Tyrion chapter have Illyrio trying to give Aegon a chest bust being busily rejected. Illyrio responds "there are things he must know"....there is then some arguing back and forth in a different language and Tyrion picks up the words "queen, dragon, and sword"

Its almost undoubtedly was a reference to Blackfyre, especially considering it was taken out of the final text. Perhaps GRRM thought it would be took much proof towards the Aegon Blackfyre theory too early.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What about hotpie being Azor Ahai
born of salt and smoke

tumblr_m4crn10tRH1qzlt9yo2_250.gif