A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
You got a lot if reading to do then breh. Mad theories about this series. There is a lot of subtle, hidden shyt in these books

Google is your friend for the following:

R + L = J
The Gravedigger is The Hound
Aegon Blackfyre
Who killed Balon Greyjoy
Who is Pate at the Citadel

Then after reading about the above generally accepted theories, start reading about the tinfoil theories. Go in westeros.org "a compendium of theories" thread. Go on asoiaf reddit and search through the all time top rated threads

If you have specific follow up questions, post them here and people will respond. But just posting generally "why do you think Jon is Rhaegars son" requires a large collection of info that is too long to post here and has been collected in other places already
HOLY shyt

I forgot about the Pate shyt!!! Dog I rememeber reading those chapters and having the :patrice:

But so much other shyt was going on, I did'nt really think about it again. But when I saw the name instantly all that shyt with him and the Alchemist came back to me like :lupe:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
HOLY shyt

I forgot about the Pate shyt!!! Dog I rememeber reading those chapters and having the :patrice:

But so much other shyt was going on, I did'nt really think about it again. But when I saw the name instantly all that shyt with him and the Alchemist came back to me like :lupe:

And Alleras at the citadel...AND Littlefinger's endgame AND "Wherever whores go" AND Who is the High Sparrow.

there is a shyt ton of unanswered questions.

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
Frankly, I don't even know Littlefinger's end game....unlike Varys he's such a wildcard.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
i think LF just wants to be king. he's just an overly ambitious little fukkboy who will probably get eaten by a dragon or someshyt lol. or a direwolf :ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
I watched Zero Dirk Thirty for the first time last night and totally marked out when I saw Stannis. Had no idea he was in the movie.

I haven't really seen any of the other actors in other new things (besides Dany in the Terminator trailers :scust:), but I bet I'm going to have a similar reaction when I do :laugh:
I had that same reaction with Robb in Cinderella. But that's partially because I was playing the prince in a musical/dance version of it at the time, and felt some kind of GOT nerd connection. None of the other actors seemed to understand why I was so excited, not even Cinderella :(

Randy Marsh

what seems to be the officer, problem?
Daps
Reppin
South Park
Want to read these but I get bored easily when reading.. are audio books any good? how long do they run for?

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Want to read these but I get bored easily when reading.. are audio books any good? how long do they run for?
I get bored reading too, breh. The audio is the way to go for sure. They go long though, prolly 150+ hours total. I have done about 4 total relistens in order, and then I listen to the books I like the best intermediately. I also have listened to all the Dunk and Egg, and other companion pieces, and the world of ice and fire. Roy Dotrice is my mutha fukking man! It seems like a lot of listening, but, listen to and from work, at the gym, and before bed.
The theories on the blogs and sites are interesting enough to get my attention while reading, so listen to the books, and then read the theories.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
And Alleras at the citadel...AND Littlefinger's endgame AND "Wherever whores go" AND Who is the High Sparrow.

there is a shyt ton of unanswered questions.
i dont think "wherever whores go" is a mystery tho. tywin really didnt give a fukk about where that girl went :heh:

high sparrow is fans overanalyzing imo. he's just a dude who came up at the right time preaching the right thing.

tjwettem

#StarkSet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#StarkSet
just completed my re-read Dance, and I've gone back and forth on whether or not Jon Snow is bona warg into ghost but now I am entirely certain that is whats gonna happen. As he is living in ghost, Melisandre will sacrifice shireen to resurrect stannis, and unknowingly resurrect TPTWP!

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
i sped read the shyt originally and so much shyt went over my head. the audio books are cool, but long. some chapters are over an hour, i recommend though. dude be putting in work with all those voices. :whew:

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
just completed my re-read Dance, and I've gone back and forth on whether or not Jon Snow is bona warg into ghost but now I am entirely certain that is whats gonna happen. As he is living in ghost, Melisandre will sacrifice shireen to resurrect stannis, and unknowingly resurrect TPTWP!
The Varymir prologue pretty much confirms it for me

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
i sped read the shyt originally and so much shyt went over my head. the audio books are cool, but long. some chapters are over an hour, i recommend though. dude be putting in work with all those voices. :whew:
if you talking about Roy D, he is like 90+, he gonna die before the next book prolly :mjcry: at least he did world of ice and fire