A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
LOL, he set his kids up for glory at the hands of Armory Lorch and the Mountain. And he knighted the Mountain :scust:Great judge of character Rhaegar
n5k90.jpg
I had no idea Rhaegar bestowed knighthood upon the Mountain

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I was just wondering today - knowing how bad Catelyn treated Jon as a child, why didn't Ned just confess to her about his parentage? Did he not even trust Cat with the secret?

I dont think she treated Jon bad at all. Just was cold towards him

Anyway....she is a Tully. Not trustworthy with that info. Dumb bytch probably would have offered him for marriage to Walder Frey instead of Robb and blown his cover

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
I was just wondering today - knowing how bad Catelyn treated Jon as a child, why didn't Ned just confess to her about his parentage? Did he not even trust Cat with the secret?

Dog....you realize Ned was holding a secret that could get Jon killed, right? and possibly Ned since he'd never hand over Jon willingly. It was better Cat didn't know. It was actually better Cat treated Jon like shyt because it fed into the lie that Ned cheated on her. All Cat would have to do is share the secret with Lysa or Edmure and it's a wrap. Lysa would tell Littlefinger. Nah son...nah.

I dont think she treated Jon bad at all. Just was cold towards him

Anyway....she is a Tully. Not trustworthy with that info. Dumb bytch probably would have offered him for marriage to Walder Frey instead of Robb and blown his cover

Cat definitely treated Jon like shyt. I mean that's what b*stards got treated like, especially b*stard sons who're living breathing reminders that your husband fukked another woman, so it is what it is :francis: She wouldn't even let him come near Bran after he fell. I mean that's fukked up. She told him she wished it was him that was paralyzed instead. That's really fukked up :wow: She is basically his entire reasoning for joining the Night's Watch (which was a blessing in a way for giving him his own path, of course, until he was stabbed up :mjcry:). If Jon has a loving mother, no way he leaves for the Watch at 15. He did that shyt because Catelyn made him feel unwelcomed in his own house and he couldn't wait to leave that hateful bytch. If Ned died, you know Jon would've got kicked out on his azz QUICK.

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
Welcome to the world of ice and fire. You are gonna be spending a lot of time taking it all in. Just a heads up, John Snows supposed father, Rhaegar Targarion, is the biggest b1tch a@@ phaggot in the whole planetos, word to @horse. kills ! He got bold, tried to have smoke with a real one, the laughing storm reborn, and caught his issue on the trident. You are gonna hear a lot from certain posters trying to catch wreck, talmbout "Rhaegar was this, Rhaegar was that", well mutha fukking Rhaegar is dead, and he died like bytch. He had the blood of the dragon, and Big Bob helped him spill it all over. Then the water ran his jewels

:mjlol:

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Welcome to the world of ice and fire. You are gonna be spending a lot of time taking it all in. Just a heads up, John Snows supposed father, Rhaegar Targarion, is the biggest b1tch a@@ phaggot in the whole planetos, word to @horse. kills ! He got bold, tried to have smoke with a real one, the laughing storm reborn, and caught his issue on the trident. You are gonna hear a lot from certain posters trying to catch wreck, talmbout "Rhaegar was this, Rhaegar was that", well mutha fukking Rhaegar is dead, and he died like bytch. He had the blood of the dragon, and Big Bob helped him spill it all over. Then the water ran his jewels

Yo this is straight up disrespectful :manny: :dead: :damn: :mjlol:

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
Anyone fuxx wit tha theory that the Boltons have supernatural ties too, to the Others or the old Kings of Winter/Night's King(s)?

I don't buy into that bullshyt that Roose is a vampire-type/skinchanger, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them cutting Craster-type deals either for powers during the coming Long Night.

Man, I almost wanna see the Boltons put down the Lannisters like "fukk wit me now and fukk yo bytch ass Iron Throne - we runnin shyt from the North now, you shoulda made peace with the Starks when they lived, now, feel the blizzard..."

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I watched Zero Dirk Thirty for the first time last night and totally marked out when I saw Stannis. Had no idea he was in the movie.

I haven't really seen any of the other actors in other new things (besides Dany in the Terminator trailers :scust:), but I bet I'm going to have a similar reaction when I do :laugh:

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
I watched Zero Dirk Thirty for the first time last night and totally marked out when I saw Stannis. Had no idea he was in the movie.

I haven't really seen any of the other actors in other new things (besides Dany in the Terminator trailers :scust:), but I bet I'm going to have a similar reaction when I do :laugh:

It's really too bad that a lot of these young actors/actresses are in such a rush to get done with the show and move on to other projects, they don't seem to understand that they are destined to be typecast forever. The older, more established ones will be okay, but Emilia Clarke and Kit Harrington are already slowly heading down the Mark Hamil/Carrie Fisher path. If they were smart, they'd prolong this paycheck as long as possible and then embrace the comic con circuit. Or drop out of site for a couple years before putting themselves back out there in different roles.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA

I'm seeing GoT all over the place....its crazy how many roles they get compared to other TV shows

Jon Snow been getting roles

Rickon and Tywin both in that Dracula movie (Charles Dance is well established before GoT obviously)

Robb in Cinderella

Theon in Jon Wick

I can't remember all the little shyt I've seen....but quite often I find myself pointing out an actor to my wife and saying "that's ____ from GoT"

FatherSimp

Enough white hoes to last me thru ATL
Daps

:mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::lolbron::lolbron::lolbron::deadmanny:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I'm seeing GoT all over the place....its crazy how many roles they get compared to other TV shows

Jon Snow been getting roles

Rickon and Tywin both in that Dracula movie (Charles Dance is well established before GoT obviously)

Robb in Cinderella

Theon in Jon Wick

I can't remember all the little shyt I've seen....but quite often I find myself pointing out an actor to my wife and saying "that's ____ from GoT"

Forgot about Robb in Cinderella and Theon in John Wick. I knew about Charles Dance, Lena Headey and Peter Dinklage before GoT, so I don't really get surprised when I see them in other things.

I died when I saw the trailer for that tennis movie with Andy Samberg and Jon Snow though :deadrose: