A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
ellaria's plan was fukking stupid. i mean what was her plan if myrcella had kissed trystane once they boarded the boat? the heir of dorne dies just like that?

Trystane had to be in on it and played Myrcella like a lovesick idiot. I don't see how else they'd think it was a good idea to send him off on that boat knowing she was about to die.

Related - I wonder if Trystane is going to take Varys spot in King's Landing and exterminate Pycelle/Kevan next season.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Thorne and Jorah Mormont

books - thorne and jorah

show - stannis and ???? hard to say jorah since he has the grayscale. maybe the show puts in tormund or someshyt :yeshrug:

I've heard the theories behind Stannis becoming LC, but how does Jorah do it? When will he cross the narrow sea again & how?

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
Trystane had to be in on it and played Myrcella like a lovesick idiot. I don't see how else they'd think it was a good idea to send him off on that boat knowing she was about to die.

Related - I wonder if Trystane is going to take Varys spot in King's Landing and exterminate Pycelle/Kevan next season.
What's the benefit for Trystane if he helps to kill her though? Isn't it better to be married to a princess than not married to her?

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
that whole storyline is a fukken mess. kill the princess and give them your prince as a hostage brehs.:francis:

Last edited:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
that whole storyline is a fukken mess. kill the princess and five them your price as a hostage brehs.:francis:
Or

Dorne has taken Jaime hostage and killed Myrcella. We don't know that Doran isn't in on this and all that "we don't kill little kids in Dorne" could've been bluster

That's the same shyt got Ned Stark killed, Doran ain't stupid

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
is it just me or is Dorne way too innocent so far?

they're proud rebels, they're victims of tywin's cold wrath, they punish their own, doran has these plottin ass plots that will restore justice to the realm

that's why i think doran knew myrcella was gonna die in the show, all that castigating of the sand snakes and their stepmom was so they wouldn't fukk up the real chance to get at her and knock jaime off his feet. doran is the vito corleone of this shyt, you think he's old and out the game and he's having you killed in 9 places

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
is it just me or is Dorne way too innocent so far?

they're proud rebels, they're victims of tywin's cold wrath, they punish their own, doran has these plottin ass plots that will restore justice to the realm

that's why i think doran knew myrcella was gonna die in the show, all that castigating of the sand snakes and their stepmom was so they wouldn't fukk up the real chance to get at her and knock jaime off his feet. doran is the vito corleone of this shyt, you think he's old and out the game and he's having you killed in 9 places
For the show, wouldn't make sense, his only heir on on the way to kings landing, and there is nothing that would prevent them from killing him. I just don't think he knew. I think the handling of dorne story line in the show was just complete garbage, not much excuse except lazy writing and story boarding in trying to quick tie in to the overall storyline.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
For the show, wouldn't make sense, his only heir on on the way to kings landing, and there is nothing that would prevent them from killing him. I just don't think he knew. I think the handling of dorne story line in the show was just complete garbage, not much excuse except lazy writing and story boarding in trying to quick tie in to the overall storyline.
I mostly agree, but what if they're not going to KL? :yeshrug: still lazy and sloppy but at least adds a twist of intrigue to a flat storyline