A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
So they don't mention the power of kings blood in the show? To be fair it's a minor issue but a ton of that little shyt gets annoying because like I said it isn't like they had to cut it out for logistical reasons. A quick mention to theon from Ramsey about his father's death would have worked just fine.

I can understand having issues with some things the show has done, I get annoyed by minor changes that seemingly make no sense.

But we still don't have all the story - either in the book or the show - and can't definitively say that the show is fukking up Balon or Dorne. For all anyone knows, the first scene of season 6 explains exactly why we haven't heard about Balon's death and it's some perfect for the show reason that ends up introducing Euron or a kingsmoot. Or Doran opens the season with a motivation speech that explains everything Dorne has been planning all these years and it's so good that it blows the doors off Tyrion's GOAT courtroom speech. Maybe we just haven't gotten to that stuff yet.

Now at the end of all this, I'm all about picking this show apart looking for holes and bytching about unnecessary changes :usure:, but until I know the storyline shuffles won't end up making perfect sense in the context of the show, I can't start doing it quite yet.

tjwettem

#StarkSet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#StarkSet
I really don't think this season was that bad, i feel like we as readers are hypercritical of the show and it all stems from the fact that we don't have the TWOW. We've spent years re-reading the books, speculating on future events, discussing theories, and now our anger at the lack of new material is being taken out on the show. We've invested so much in these books, and since its looking less and less likely that we get anything new anytime soon, we just attack the show for the changes its made to the story that we love so much.