A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Something I thought about. What if Kit Harrington isn't lying. Maybe he is NOT coming back for season 6. Because his scenes for season 6 had already been filmed. They had Melissandre at the Wall with Davos. They could be doing where they only are using him for 2 episodes next season and wanted to keep his death under wraps. So they filmed his season 5 scenes during season 5.

Something I never thought of. Dan and Dave might've thought ahead. They knew everyone would be scouring the season 5 shoots to see if Kit was filming. Notice HBO gave GAME OF THRONES a 2 season pickup with season 5 & 6 (it's only been 1 season at a time before). It could be Dan and Dave requested that because they had in mind how they would pull off the surprise of Kit's return.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Something I thought about. What if Kit Harrington isn't lying. Maybe he is NOT coming back for season 6. Because his scenes for season 6 had already been filmed. They had Melissandre at the Wall with Davos. They could be doing where they only are using him for 2 episodes next season and wanted to keep his death under wraps. So they filmed his season 5 scenes during season 5.

Something I never thought of. Dan and Dave might've thought ahead. They knew everyone would be scouring the season 5 shoots to see if Kit was filming. Notice HBO gave GAME OF THRONES a 2 season pickup with season 5 & 6 (it's only been 1 season at a time before). It could be Dan and Dave requested that because they had in mind how they would pull off the surprise of Kit's return.

You might be on to something. Peep this
Interview with Melissandre. Pay attention to the last 20 seconds or so. She says "after season 4" but I think it's obvious she meant season 5

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I really don't think this season was that bad, i feel like we as readers are hypercritical of the show and it all stems from the fact that we don't have the TWOW. We've spent years re-reading the books, speculating on future events, discussing theories, and now our anger at the lack of new material is being taken out on the show. We've invested so much in these books, and since its looking less and less likely that we get anything new anytime soon, we just attack the show for the changes its made to the story that we love so much.
speak for yourself :camby: hollywood's b*stardization of book adaptations has always rubbed me a certain way for as long as i can remember, not specific to this series at all, 9 times out of 10 the more successful something gets the more and more they change stuff for the shock value (GRRM is a shock artist too but you know what i mean, hbo gonna hbo :francis:)

this season overall was just the driest one for me, shyt even the thread fukkery can't compare with the shyt from seasons 3 and 4 :manny:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
speak for yourself :camby: hollywood's b*stardization of book adaptations has always rubbed me a certain way for as long as i can remember, not specific to this series at all, 9 times out of 10 the more successful something gets the more and more they change stuff for the shock value (GRRM is a shock artist too but you know what i mean, hbo gonna hbo :francis:)

this season overall was just the driest one for me, shyt even the thread fukkery can't compare with the shyt from seasons 3 and 4 :manny:
No coincedence that this season is drawing from the 2 driest books and seasons 3 & 4 coincided with what many consider the best book, Storm of Swords.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Stannis, Thormand, and Victorian are the only three people still alive in the books I really fukk with. They better cast Victorian in the show next season.
Something subtle about the show for book readers that I subconsciously notice but I never have brought up, Steven Delane (sp?) always grinding his teeth, you don't always notice it, but it causes them stern faces he is always making. It's just something that is fukking dope, because he plays the character so well, and because his mouth is closed, if you didn't read the books, you would be like "why is he always making them weird faces.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Stannis, Thormand, and Victorian are the only three people still alive in the books I really fukk with. They better cast Victorian in the show next season.
Something subtle about the show for book readers that I subconsciously notice but I never have brought up, Steven Delane (sp?) always grinding his teeth, you don't always notice it, but it causes them stern faces he is always making. It's just something that is fukking dope, because he plays the character so well, and because his mouth is closed, if you didn't read the books, you would be like "why is he always making them weird faces.
that dude was born to play stannis, and i ended up liking show stannis much more than book stannis

and i just read that his son was teenage voldemort :gladbron:

there must be something in their blood :wow: