A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
The thing I don't like about Barristan, is that he basically left Ned for dead. I thought that he could have stood with him or attempted a rescue or something. He said "Yeah he's right but I aint goin down with this nikka" while he talked all that honor bs. He basically switched to Robert's side to avoid being killed too while he served Aerys Targ. This dude Barristan isn't as honorable as he pretends to be.:upsetfavre:

Never thought of it this way. . :ohhh:

Roger Sterling

Senior Alias
Daps
it is but breh.......if you need motivation after only reading the 1st book i dont even know what to say

Seriously. There are people in here talking about skipping an entire book too.

Never heard of anything like that before.

You're gonna invest your time and energy in reading thousands of pages and willingly skip out on huge chunk of that (even if it isn't as good as the rest)?

Nahhhhh.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks

You're gonna invest your time and energy in reading thousands of pages and willingly skip out on huge chunk of that (even if it isn't as good as the rest)?

Nahhhhh.

I think i burned out. I read 1-3 in like a month....been stuck about 100 pages into AFFC for like 2 months now.

cant get into it anymore :ld:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
it is but breh.......if you need motivation after only reading the 1st book i dont even know what to say

I couldn't put down the first book, but I've read into some of the prologue of the second book and I just can't find motivation to keep going. I was just asking if the story continues to be enthralling...

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

Nahhhhh.

nah AFFC was the exception, i had to just look up the major plot points on that book cuz it was ridiculously boring to the point i would fall asleep after 5 mins of reading every single time.

I could only stomach the POVs that i was heavily invested in, everything else i caught online :yeshrug:

but he talkin about skippin the 2nd book :what: i cant cosign doing that shyt at all

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
i disliked AFFC on my first read thru, it took me a while to finish it but i was motivated just caused i wanted to read ADWD.. but i cant front, i loved it on my second read-thru and im breezin thru it right now on my 3rd run, already towards the end. I think im into it more because after all the read thrus, my mind is finally wrapped around that whole world and its characters, so i understand it better..:yeshrug:

the story does slow down tremendously compared to ASOS but its because its the aftermath of the war. The only chapters i still dont like is the sam chapters, but i love the rest of the book espicially jamie/cersei chapters

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I couldn't put down the first book, but I've read into some of the prologue of the second book and I just can't find motivation to keep going. I was just asking if the story continues to be enthralling...

you'll be well fed until the 4th book, that's when you really gotta dig deep and find the mental stamina to read cuz it kinda slows down on all the most popular characters (starks, tyrion, etc.) and brings in new characters and follows people like Cersei and Jaime alot more

but the 2nd season of the show is already out why dont you just watch that nikka :mindblown:

Roger Sterling

Senior Alias
Daps
nah AFFC was the exception, i had to just look up the major plot points on that book cuz it was ridiculously boring to the point i would fall asleep after 5 mins of reading every single time.

I could only stomach the POVs that i was heavily invested in, everything else i caught online :yeshrug:

but he talkin about skippin the 2nd book :what: i cant cosign doing that shyt at all

Trust me, I despise(d) AFfC as much as the next person. However, I wouldn't skip out on a fifth of the series so far just because it was awfully dull. As much as it lacked forward impetus it did have little details here and there that helped flesh out the story and what not.

But, anyway, I agree with you. The first three books I read straight through - particularly since nearly every chapter was a cliffhanger type of thing.

AFfC? Took me a while to slog through. Disgusting.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
i disliked AFFC on my first read thru, it took me a while to finish it but i was motivated just caused i wanted to read ADWD.. but i cant front, i loved it on my second read-thru and im breezin thru it right now on my 3rd run, already towards the end. I think im into it more because after all the read thrus, my mind is finally wrapped around that whole world and its characters, so i understand it better..:yeshrug:

the story does slow down tremendously compared to ASOS but its because its the aftermath of the war. The only chapters i still dont like is the sam chapters, but i love the rest of the book espicially jamie/cersei chapters

What you talking about?

Sam was only drinking the best milk you could get.

:lawd: