A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Anyone think the show is going to delay the stuff at The Wall next season if the book isn't out before the season starts? Sort of how they've kept Bran out this season? There's plenty of things to touch on without going back to Jon's story.

Arya being blind, King's Landing with Cersei and Margaery, Myrcella's death, Sam/Gilly going to Oldtown, possible introduction of Euron Greyjoy, Sansa/Theon, Brienne/Stannis, Tyrion running Mereen, Littlefinger shenanigans and bringing Bran's storyarch back into the mix with flashbacks.

Real talk though, if they don't touch on Jon's "death" next season AND the book isn't out by next season to address it - fukk GRRM :francis:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The best thing was seeing Myrcella die.

I thought Davos would've killed Melisendre as soon as he found out about Stannis.

That Benjen trick got me good. I'm legit upset by that set up. Sad to see Jon get stabbed, but he'll be back.

Arya :smugbiden:

And as far as the show, I'm only watching for the spoilers. The real feast will be the books.

Davos cared more about shireen than stannis

Once he finds out how she died

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Did the sell swords flip to boltons side ?

Or it didn't happen like that in the book at all

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:russ:

These showrunners really hate Stannis. :obama: I agree he ain't dead yet and neither are the Ls. Dude is getting a Reek makeover next season.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
:pacspit: Stannis. glad dude taking Ls. killed shirreen, i just listen to the audio book where he killed renly a few days ago. :pacspit: that dude and his struggle ass walking army. :francis: that shyt was underwhelming as fukk though.

:takedat: reek and sansa aiming for the bushes.

:sitdown: meryn trent got what he deserved.:whoo: jacquen got me.

:beli: i hate ellaria sand so much. :snoop: kill the princess and give them your prince brehs.:mindblown: shes so fukking stupid and reckless.

:whew:glad they ain't kill kevan. wanna see kings landing get better, wish we would saw him tell her he's running shyt though.

:pachaha:charizard doing what he do. wonder are they gonna make up khal it user a different one.

cersei scene was cool. wish they said the Robert strong name.

:patrice:wonder what davos does now.

:mjcry: Damm they wasn't playing with Jon. :pacspit:alliser Thorne, thought it was gonna be Ollie and a bunch of extras. that uncle benjen swere.:whew: that was a close one. fat boy need to hurry up.

all in all i think it was a cool episode. i like some routes they going, others have me like:scust:though. at least out don't spoil the books i guess.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
i give it a 6 out of 10

at first it was cool watching stannis take his Ls, but brienne killing him felt kind of :beli: if that is indeed what happened

sansa and reek scene was cool

arya's scene was cool too but i wish she had killed him with needle instead

the sand snakes are so fukking wack man :snoop: obara and her stupid face and the short haired joint comes off to me as a 15 year old girl that just lost her virginity and suddenly thinks of herself as erotic

myrcella dying was cool. i would have liked to see what doran's plan is tho. no "fire and blood" quote :beli: doran felt useless this season

cersei's scene was well done. i hate that bytch so it was nice to see her suffer :ahh: robert strong looked scary as fukk too :merchant:

the jon stabbing was wack. the benjen shyt was a straight trolljob. they coulda just had jon come thru to break up a brawl between the wildlings and the rangers and have olly stab him in the middle of it.

i liked dany getting surrounded by the dothraki and tyrion taking over mereen with varys tho. i was kind of hoping to see drogon come thru and scare the dothraki into submission tho.

Jards

All Star
Daps
Finale was cool but it looked to me as if the writers said 'Let's just get the book shyt out the way so we can tell our own story....'

Next season needs to be all new content because if they're relying on the iron born to carry the season it's gonna be cheeks. Don't mind their story but it would be bullshyt if a bunch of Nikkas who haven't been in the first five seasons that show watchers have no investment in are now driving the story forward

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
I think the only people that actually died last night were Meryn Trant and Ramsay's thot. Everyone else was unconfirmed and off-screen, just like how GRRM does it in the books, except for Snowman and no way is he gone permanently. Red Lady showed up at the wall for a reason. I refuse to believe this whole thing is a collection of nihilistic backstories on a bunch of people that get right to the edge of doing something big just to get off'd.
And I'm still mad at no Benjen. I should've known better than to fall for a show troll :mjcry:

This was a great finale though. That walk of shame was brutal. Reek got his Theon Greyjoy on. Arya going blind. I'm rewatching now.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
this show is highly entertaining but overall is a fukking mess :pachaha:

dany reforming her khalasar and linking up with the ironborn to finally come to westeros and the wall coming down will have to happen in a span of like 10 minutes of screen time :heh: