A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
i must be crazy then :pachaha: all im sayin the show aint even hint at any other stark kids outside of Bran being able to warg and his abilities are a special case, wargin into a person, seeing the past/future, turning into a blunt and whatnot

slipping it in with jeezy at the end just aint sittin well with me :francis: but it looks photoshopped anyway so whatever

just glad that next season we gettin a boatload of new content :banderas: ready for this one to be over with

You gotta understand that they can't show every detail from the book on the show as there are time and budget constraints. I don't remember if they ever showed Ghost hunting like they've shown Summer hunting, but show Jon being able to warg shouldn't be a surprise. It'll be interesting to see if they build up Arya's ability to warg whenever she goes blind.

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
You gotta understand that they can't show every detail from the book on the show as there are time and budget constraints. I don't remember if they ever showed Ghost hunting like they've shown Summer hunting, but show Jon being able to warg shouldn't be a surprise. It'll be interesting to see if they build up Arya's ability to warg whenever she goes blind.

They handle it all in the "previously on" segments. So if you see a bunch of unrelated, older season scenes having to do with warging, then expect warging to play a significant part in the episode.

That's how they get away with dues ex machina in this show, plant the idea in the viewers head in the beginning and then it seemingly makes sense when it happens.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I couldn't help but click

I'm weak

:mjcry:
Me too breh....me too:sadbron:
tumblr_lvnzjhX3Y81qc4cp9o1_250.gif

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
and both were treated like special cases

im talkin specifically about stark kids wargin into the wolves, they all (except sansa of course) warged multiple times, but bran is the only one to have his mentiioned in the show and it's gonna look funny in the light to have a nikka randomly warg at the end like that imo :manny:

I'm not following you at all. So viewers have already been introduced to warging multiple times but if Jon does it somehow it is coming out the blue? Sure it hasn't been as prominent as in the books but it has been introduced in the show multiple times so it can't be seen as an ass pull.

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
Real talk, HBO needs to get their shyt together next season. This piff season has been hampered with too many spoilers leaking out.

HBO's quality control is garbage. They really need to step it up next season when everything is going to be new to everyone.

But for these finale leaks, I'm having a really hard time deciding if I think they're legitimate or if it's all the work of a bored /tv chan with fairly decent photoshop skills or a mix of both. I'm going to have to call bullshyt on at least 2 of those pictures until I see an link drop that proves me wrong.

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be fair, I'm sure that game of thrones has a much bigger production crew than any other show on television, definitely harder to keep things under wraps when that many people are privy to info. And they're in production year round unlike other shows. There's also way more demand for GoT spoilers than any other show. Just look at how much attention every casting notice or on set pictures get compared to other shows. That's going to lead to more people willing to stick their neck out for info.

That doesn't explain the first 4 episodes leaking though, but apparently they've switched to streaming screeners only instead of dvds, so they should be alright on that front going forward.

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
To be fair, I'm sure that game of thrones has a much bigger production crew than any other show on television, definitely harder to keep things under wraps when that many people are privy to info. And they're in production year round unlike other shows. There's also way more demand for GoT spoilers than any other show. Just look at how much attention every casting notice or on set pictures get compared to other shows. That's going to lead to more people willing to stick their neck out for info.

That doesn't explain the first 4 episodes leaking though, but apparently they've switched to streaming screeners only instead of dvds, so they should be alright on that front going forward.

They're not in production all year long? They might have writer's meetings and table reads, but their public shooting schedule sure isn't year round, it's from July to September/October - there are just a bunch of locations to coordinate.

It's a straight up matter of quality control - in one case, the screeners they sent got leaked, in the next case, one of their streaming distributors fukked up and released an episode early, in this case, we're not even sure that anything has actually leaked because all we've got are some ***** stills. Ain't nobody hacking HBO servers to get these episodes nor are they coming from fans recording at shooting locations, it's all been because of HBO's lack of control over their screeners and streaming services.

HBO needs someone to come in and explain how this all works because they have no idea :francis:.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
there's only so much you can do when people just aren't trustworthy. you have people sign NDA's and shyt, but they still leak shyt :yeshrug:

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're not in production all year long? They might have writer's meetings and table reads, but their public shooting schedule sure isn't year round, it's from July to September/October - there are just a bunch of locations to coordinate.

It's a straight up matter of quality control - in one case, the screeners they sent got leaked, in the next case, one of their streaming distributors fukked up and released an episode early, in this case, we're not even sure that anything has actually leaked because all we've got are some ***** stills. Ain't nobody hacking HBO servers to get these episodes nor are they coming from fans recording at shooting locations, it's all been because of HBO's lack of control over their screeners and streaming services.

HBO needs someone to come in and explain how this all works because they have no idea :francis:.

I think they shoot from July to late November/early December and then there's post production. I remember during season 2 they said the visual effects for Blackwater weren't finished until a couple of weeks before the episode aired and that was in late May.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
which is dumb on the shows part imo because they never touched on warging at all

like seriously, what was so hard about having the stark kids roll their eyes in the back of their heads and show a few seconds of wolf vision here and there throughout the series? shyt aint expensive or time consuming at all

now (im assuming) from the show watchers perspective it's gonna either feel like an asspull, or they're gonna link it directly with Bran's abilities and come up with all types of crackpot theories
:patrice:

Yes they have with Bran.... :dahell: