A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

NaiSim

HEAR ME ROAR!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
nj
The wording tho... It's says Rhaegar's breast plate was crushed. The smaller hammer looks like it would only puncture now the bigger one seems like the type to crush.

how do you "crush" a thin steel plate with a big ass hammer breh? :takedat:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
how do you "crush" a thin steel plate with a big ass hammer breh? :takedat:

:russ:

But with how it's described in the books the hammer sounds like it's a big ass two handed kind. If I remember correctly Ned Stark says he had problems lifting it. Now the hammer you posted, it might be because of the way it looks in the pic but that doesn't look all that heavy to me lol

Rhaeager should have stopped playing songs and taken over as king for the sake of the realm.

Add simpin' to that. I wonder where the fukk that nikka was when they were calling him out for kidnapping Lyanna Stark. :beli:

Emo ass nikka.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
:russ:

But with how it's described in the books the hammer sounds like it's a big ass two handed kind. If I remember correctly Ned Stark says he had problems lifting it. Now the hammer you posted, it might be because of the way it looks in the pic but that doesn't look all that heavy to me lol

Add simpin' to that. I wonder where the fukk that nikka was when they were calling him out for kidnapping Lyanna Stark. :beli:

Emo ass nikka.
Prolly fukking Lyanna Stark :heh:

Can't kidnap or rape the willing breh. Lyanna summoned them dragon balls.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Prolly fukking Lyanna Stark :heh:

Can't kidnap or rape the willing breh. Lyanna summoned them dragon balls.

:dead:

Yep I believe that Rhaegar/Lyanna theory. I think he was hiding her cause she was prego with his seed (Jon Snow).

:childplease: @ him telling Jaime "Stay here, breh. I'm gonna sort this chaos out. There'll be changes when I come back."

And he got laid the fukk out instead. Then got his body ran over by OG Robert. I'd like to think Robert had the :ufdup: expression and said "Should have kept dem eyes to your wife, prissy nikka..." before he galloped away.

A

A Friend of The People

Ive avoided this thread like the plague for a long time.....but I just finished Dance witb Dragons. Now Im finally in this bytch :dj2:

i dont think Jon is dead tho....at the end of the books where it lists the lineage of each family it doesnt list Jon as killed like it does every other dead character

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Ive avoided this thread like the plague for a long time.....but I just finished Dance witb Dragons. Now Im finally in this bytch :dj2:

i dont think Jon is dead tho....at the end of the books where it lists the lineage of each family it doesnt list Jon as killed like it does every other dead character

yea i learned unless this nikka literally says that they're dead or talks about a funeral or something happening that there's a 99% chance of them being alive

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
yea i learned unless this nikka literally says that they're dead or talks about a funeral or something happening that there's a 99% chance of them being alive

what about lady Stoneheart?

you can't keep a good bytch down.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Robert was a strong capable fighter once upon a time...that hammer was probably huge and the way he would bring it down on people was probably lethal

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
nikkas really think Robert was fighting with a regular sized hammer like he was Repairman or something? :wow:

Of course it was a huge 2 handed warhammer

In NaiSim's defense he's actually right about how real warhammers are like.

Those big ass fantasy hammers are impractical in real life no matter how strong a nikka is, it would be like fighting with a barbell with weights on it.

But since this is a fantasy book and how we got freaks like Gregor Clegane donning thick ass berserker armor, wielding big ass horse slaying swords, I'm pretty sure it's a fantasy type hammer. Plus the way Ned Stark sounds talking about it, it's got to be.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
In NaiSim's defense he's actually right about how real warhammers are like.

Those big ass fantasy hammers are impractical in real life no matter how strong a nikka is, it would be like fighting with a barbell with weights on it.

But since this is a fantasy book and how we got freaks like Gregor Clegane donning thick ass berserker armor, wielding big ass horse slaying swords, I'm pretty sure it's a fantasy type hammer. Plus the way Ned Stark sounds talking about it, it's got to be.

War Hammers very much so existed...did they work is another story...

A

A Friend of The People

Reading all these theories on Jon being Rhaegars son has me :ohhh:

But it all makes sense. Why Ned was so against Robert hunting down Dany and Viserys and "killing innocent children" so much he even gave up being hand and quit Roberts court over it.

Knowing his nephew (raised as his son) would be the highest on that hitlist if the truth was known clearly disturbed him. Why else would he push for Jon to go to the Wall....he thought we would be safest there....

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
:damn:

I'd never use that shyt. A quick nikka could end you in seconds in a one on one duel.

well if Robert was as strong as they say he would be able to dodge around him with that hammer. The logic behind war hammers was to hit a cat once and take him out the fight...if he's hit in the arm or leg that joint is broken...the head is a kill of course...

If Robert caught Rhaegar flush in the chest is a strong possibility he just caved his whole chest in....aint no trauma units in Westeros...

I don't see how this is a debate..

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
I wanna see how Dany and the Stark children gonna coexist.

I mean dany got dragons but arya can change her face and off that chick with the quickness ( I still think she's gonna either get assassination orders for someone she used to be cool with, or leave the temple and they come after her :sadcam:) and bran can basically connect with all the mythical creatures (maybe dragons too)

I think those are the main characters that are gonna stay alive til the very end tho, seeing as they are young and been escaping death while getting the most assistance lately.

I think Rickon plays a part in all of this as well.