A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
What are you guy's favorite tinfoil theories?
Currently I'm big on Azor Atheon even though I don't think it will happen and that humongous theory about the true intentions of The Others.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Kinda wondering if they are actually gonna stab Jon this season :patrice:

Read on another forum that Kit Harrington signed for 2 more seasons, so that would be a dumb ass cliffhanger imo.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Renly was just tryna bring peace, love, and understanding to this world. He was the only person focused on the real enemy, the Lannisters, and he had just agreed to re link up the Wolf-Stag North/South All-Stars aka The Empire Wrecking Crew and was gonna let the North stand on its own again.

And you Stannisset fukk boys really celebrated a cowardly kinslayer :purp:

Look at ya'll copping pleas even now "oh Renly broke the rules he deserved it its different':ehavb:

Dude has thrown his whole life in the bushes because a ginger erika badu told him he's the reincarnation of god and this is who you rocked with:fran:

Well congratulations. :heh:

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Stannis stans obliterated. Check.
Noted-ryan-the-office.gif

Don't wanna hear shyt about Starks riding for dude any more.

full

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Renly was just tryna bring peace, love, and understanding to this world. He was the only person focused on the real enemy, the Lannisters, and he had just agreed to re link up the Wolf-Stag North/South All-Stars aka The Empire Wrecking Crew and was gonna let the North stand on its own again.

And you Stannisset fukk boys really celebrated a cowardly kinslayer :purp:

Look at ya'll copping pleas even now "oh Renly broke the rules he deserved it its different':ehavb:

Dude has thrown his whole life in the bushes because a ginger erika badu told him he's the reincarnation of god and this is who you rocked with:fran:

Well congratulations. :heh:
Renly was playing.
His army would have broken up eventually and everything would have went to shyt.
Renly can't lead like Stannis.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Do yoy think the millions if people who watch GoT follow the comings and goings of cast contracts?

lol no, but as it has already been mentioned, it's gonna be almost impossible to stop leaks of him on set for Season 6. Specially with reviewers knowing the actor is still signed for two more seasons, the secret wont be kept and with social media and all, leaving him "dead" next week is kinda unnecesary all things considered.

I think it would be much better if Jon's "death and resurrection" are a season storyline instead of a finale cliffhanger :manny:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
lol no, but as it has already been mentioned, it's gonna be almost impossible to stop leaks of him on set for Season 6. Specially with reviewers knowing the actor is still signed for two more seasons, the secret wont be kept and with social media and all, leaving him "dead" next week is kinda unnecesary all things considered.

I think it would be much better if Jon's "death and resurrection" are a season storyline instead of a finale cliffhanger :manny:
You are REALLY overestimating how much the casual viewer follows these things. At most people wouldnt know he was dead or not until Entertainment Tonight or something did a special from the set.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
Renly was playing.
His army would have broken up eventually and everything would have went to shyt.
Renly can't lead like Stannis.
Oh yeah. The people who just watched him burn his own Daughter are deffo riding with him for life. Everything about Stannis plays like a leader who will b mutinied against. The lack of caution, the extremist beliefs, the megalomania.

What Renly had that Stannis never wanted and never will have is powerful people he reveres on his side who genuinely believed his success was theirs. The Tyrells, Tarlys, and Starks had enough grit and direction to make up where Renly lacked. He was the open hand, Olenna, Randyll, and Catelyn were his fist. That Wolf-Stagset that lasted all of a few hours is the most powerful force we've seen formed since the beginning of the books and only a miracle of the utmost cowardice and bytchassness stopped it.

Legit the only good thing Stannis has done since Page 1 is showing up at the Wall. But he gets no credit for that because if Renly had assumed the throne he would have been had the Wall being manned properly again :manny:

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Oh yeah. The people who just watched him burn his own Daughter are deffo riding with him for life. Everything about Stannis plays like a leader who will b mutinied against. The lack of caution, the extremist beliefs, the megalomania.

What Renly had that Stannis never wanted and never will have is powerful people he reveres on his side who genuinely believed his success was theirs. The Tyrells, Tarlys, and Starks had enough grit and direction to make up where Renly lacked. He was the open hand, Olenna, Randyll, and Catelyn were his fist. That Wolf-Stagset that lasted all of a few hours is the most powerful force we've seen formed since the beginning of the books and only a miracle of the utmost cowardice and bytchassness stopped it.

Legit the only good thing Stannis has done since Page 1 is showing up at the Wall. But he gets no credit for that because if Renly had assumed the throne he would have been had the Wall being manned properly again :manny:
I'm not a Stannis supporter.
But I do not believe Renly would be able to hold out as long as him.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps

Please tell this to the zombies in the show thread. They ragged on House Tyrell for the pure fact that Renly was gay.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
You are REALLY overestimating how much the casual viewer follows these things. At most people wouldnt know he was dead or not until Entertainment Tonight or something did a special from the set.

I guess my point is that casual viewers will either get spoiled by social media/reviewers or get pissed that Jon got killed, so it's kinda unnecesary. Would be smarter to have them :lupe: week to week in a season than making them wait 8 months in which they may even get too pissed and stop watching :heh:

But hey, juding by the preview for next week - a shot of Jon looking worried in his chambers, no hint of a betrayal by his brothers - they probably ARE stabbing him in the finale :manny: