A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
We knew this was coming, but i still can't believe it happened. I wonder how this will play out in the books. Will stannis die trying to take winterfell and the sacrifice is to revive him or will this happen so that he can successfully take winterfell?

Remember what Roose Bolton said on the show: That they were prepared for a long siege and that Stannis would run out of supplies in a harsh winter?

He stands no chance without some sort of divine intervention.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Stannis claim is by conquest of his brother's doing (Really Ned's). It was a free for all. The issue though is not him ordering to kill Renly, but the way he did it. It was not in battle, it was done with magic and was personal. He was also ready to sacrifice his (b*stard) nephew's life.

He changed his entire family's cultural religion because he needed a tool to win.

Most of the good parts of Stannis people see is really Davos' guidance and influence. With Davos long gone and heading to find Rickon, there is no telling what Stannis will do while trying to conduct a siege on Winterfell during a harsh winter.

The parallels between ned/robert and davos/Stannis are thick at points

Also see Bael the Bard story. Kinslaying is kinslaying, full stop. The shadow shyt and sending Brienne on the run made it even worse. Think what you will of her, she didn't deserve that

yeahisaidit

All Star
Daps
So, based on what just happened on the shows, it looks like hizdar likely isnt the secret leader of the harpies or affiliated with the poisoned honey locust

So, who is it then?
I think it's the Shavepate on his Littlefinger isht

Edit: already said

tjwettem

#StarkSet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#StarkSet
Remember what Roose Bolton said on the show: That they were prepared for a long siege and that Stannis would run out of supplies in a harsh winter?

He stands no chance without some sort of divine intervention.

Well if thats what it takes to get the boltons outta winterfell, :yeshrug:
The northern lords are only rallying to stannis' side so they can restore a stark.
"Bear Island knows no king but the king in the north, whose name is stark"

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?

Also see Bael the Bard story. Kinslaying is kinslaying, full stop. The shadow shyt and sending Brienne on the run made it even worse. Think what you will of her, she didn't deserve that
Then let's throw the fukking tinfoil all the way on, Ned is a kinslayer for killing Lady, because the Starks are wargs and the wolves are extensions of the kids.
Egg is a kinslayer because of what happened in summer hall, with all likelihood pointing to him doing the same thing as show Stannis, and dunk having to save rhaegar, and rhaegar is a kinslayer for setting in motion the whole fukking war and getting his whole fam killed, he may not have held the sword, but he is still responsible

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Why do you say that

The Shavepate character is a dead space to me, there's only so much of the Meereenese knot my brain can handle

Care to elaborate on dislike of inheritance rules?
Giving people massive positions like the kingship bases on blood and age is incredibly dumb hence my dislike for it.
But I recognize that the best thing for Westeros at this time is to have a good king/queen who can get them out of this mess so I play along.
But at the end of the series I want something like the Magna Carta to be put into place because this of all things should show people how batshyt fukking insane the feudal system is because currently with the state of the country/government/average system a democracy is impossible until at least more than 200 years down the line.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps

Renly needed to die.
It doesn't matter whether he was Stannis's brother or not, it's the personal connections a person has that really matters.
And there's no kinslayer curse really it's just that if you have to kill a family member your life is probably shyt already and will continue to get shyttier.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Renly needed to die.
It doesn't matter whether he was Stannis's brother or not, it's the personal connections a person has that really matters.
And there's no kinslayer curse really it's just that if you have to kill a family member your life is probably shyt already and will continue to get shyttier.
That peach sh1t did it for me. Stannis was like :mindblown: we out here fighting for the kingdom and this kid is playing games

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I know people are saying they could see Stannis burning Shireen, but I never thought he would. Renly was a fukk nikka who deserved to die for trying to jump Stannis. I haven't felt this disgusted since reading the red wedding. :mjcry:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Stannis stans obliterated. Check.
Noted-ryan-the-office.gif

Don't wanna hear shyt about Starks riding for dude any more.