A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
I was always kind of hoping stannis would die before it came to that but u right, it was always kind of foreshadowed

Yup, just two examples out of many more:

I never asked for this crown. Gold is cold and heavy on the head, but so long as I am the king, I have a duty … If I must sacrifice one child to the flames to save a million from the dark … Sacrifice … is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice
You will betray the men serving you. You will betray your family. You will betray everything you once held dear.

This dude killed his own brother. He chopped off the fingers of a dude who saved his people from starving.

Why the shock?

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
nikkas out here saying fukk D&D this would never happen in the books :russ:

I been reading around, and the Stannis Set book readers are heated because they are under the impression that Melisandre would go behind Stannis' back and do the deed. Shireen, Selyse and Melisandre are still at Castle Black in the book. But let's be real, book Stannis would've done the same :francis:

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
So, based on what just happened on the shows, it looks like hizdar likely isnt the secret leader of the harpies or affiliated with the poisoned honey locust

So, who is it then?

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
I been reading around, and the Stannis Set book readers are heated because they are under the impression that Melisandre would go behind Stannis' back and do the deed. Shireen, Selyse and Melisandre are still at Castle Black in the book. But let's be real, book Stannis would've done the same :francis:

He killed his brother. Set fire to people. Was willing to kill his own nephew. Cut off the fingers of the man who saved Storms End from starving.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Im a little more at ease on Shireen knowing it came from George

But D&D better not be lying:ufdup:

We all knew she was gonna burn, but if George just said 'she will burn' and didnt mean 'Stannis commands it' then D&D you are fukking dead men walking:ufdup: