A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Yeah, I think that veered WAY TOO FAR from the books.

Like Stannis is a cold motherfukker, don't get me wrong, but he actually has morals and limits to that shyt. :damn:

I think it really damages the character.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
To be fair, the book hasn't built on the Stannis/Shireen relationship like the show has. The actress who plays Shireen did a great job too. The show made it cold blooded, but no one would have blinked an eye if it happened already in the books. And it will probably happen in the next book :manny:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
A long veer from the books but I figured it was gonna happen anyway....But now we gon see Jon get knifed up in episode 10 which is gonna make nikkas MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

I don't see how they can keep that under wraps for the next season unless he gets killed and revived all next episode. Cuz the effect would be lost the second the production photos come out. :manny:

elmamey

Rookie
Daps
If you look at the post episode video, the show runners say that GRRM told them to do that.

If you read the books, you know it has been foreshadowed. Why are people pissed off about this one?

Shireen burning was always the plan.

I was always kind of hoping stannis would die before it came to that but u right, it was always kind of foreshadowed

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
This Stannis was always there.
He claims to be about duty and honor but really he's driven by a lust for what he believes he's owed caused by the slights he's had in his life while he burns people alive and has a priestess to stroke his ego.
If Davos wasn't there I can only imagine how bad he would have got.
He also has am extreme case of middle child syndrome and religious zealotry can take you really far.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Gendry lived, Edric was saved, Shireen gonna die. Just book spoilers :francis:

Also spoiled was that Hizdahr isn't a secret enemy

Nah, I think book Hizdahr is a Harpy. Show Hizdahr is just a jabroni.

For the Watch is going to get casual show watchers heated as fukk. Is Davos going to get clapped up too since he's on the way to Castle Black? I'm guessing Sansa will have Brienne go out to look for Rickon instead of Davos :francis: