A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I'm going to be the guy in the corner sharpening his sword while you're jamming on the lute and playing remixes on the harp. I'll never forget the insults these baseborn troglodytes leveled against our good name. One of them called us c00nset! c00nset!!!!
how dare they confuse us with some minor house of the Trashlands :damn:

lcvKwT3.png

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Somebody break down the Mance=Rhaegar theory for me cause I'm not seeing it.

I know Mance likes singing and shyt but:patrice:

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?

I'll try my best.....
Rhaegar was a b1tch a@@ phaggot, who received his issue at the trident trying to shoot the 5 with a real one.
That's about all I know about that.

tjwettem

#StarkSet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#StarkSet

http://manceisrhaegar.blogspot.com

This explains the theory better than i can, its pretty crackpotty and way too out there at some points.
Essentially the theory is that Rhaegar either survived roberts war hammer blow at the battle of the trident or had someone else wear his armor and fight in his place (kind of like garlan tyrell wore renlys armor at the battle of the blackwater) so the "Rhaegar" everyone witnessed die in that battle wasn't actually Rhaegar. So with Rhaegar "dead" the rebellion is essentially over. Rhaegar being completely obsessed with prophecy believes that he will father the prince that was promised (Jon Snow) and he wanted to be able to help defend the realm against the threat of the Great Other, WW's and the long night so he joined the nightswatch under the identity of Mance Rayder. So the theory goes, that at the tower of joy where Ned went with howland reed, a deal was made where Arthur Dayne (Quorin Halfhand) would join the nightswatch, Ned would raise Jon and send him to the nightswatch when he was a man grown. Rhaegar and Dayne, join the nightswatch under fake identities using Aemon to help protect their true identities, all the while waiting for Jon Snow to come along so that they could be reunited and help save the realm from the long night.

This is a super short cliffs notes version of the theory, if you really want to get into it check out the link. I probably left out some stuff but thats the general idea behind it.