A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
We dont know Bloodravens true motivations or purpose yet

But lets face reality.....the STARK name is the name of importance in both Bran/Bryden and Jon's stories

Admit it bruh:jawalrus:

The Targs werent around for the first Long Night:skip:
Targs avoided their own Long Night when they dipped to Dragonstone on the eve of the Doom. not sure why the starks didnt ride their direwolves to essos :skip:

and we dont know that bran wont become a vengeful wizard who castrates jaime with a weirwood branch and leaves his sack hanging off the stems on some karstark shyt

but we DO know that bran's life was effectively over before bloodraven compelled him to come north and learn to fly :usure:

Jon is still a highborn b*stard and is thus technically a Sand being born in Dorne, and he has equal targaryen blood as he does stark. and he's LC of the night's watch, how many more huge signs could we have that his name means nothing?

Brynden was running the kingdom and fighting and killing his own half brothers in the name of TARGARYEN and his great-great nephew is jon's father and you just wanna ignore that huh :heh: i respect your stan motivation :ehh:

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
Targs avoided their own Long Night when they dipped to Dragonstone on the eve of the Doom. not sure why the starks didnt ride their direwolves to essos :skip:

and we dont know that bran wont become a vengeful wizard who castrates jaime with a weirwood branch and leaves his sack hanging off the stems on some karstark shyt

but we DO know that bran's life was effectively over before bloodraven compelled him to come north and learn to fly :usure:

Jon is still a highborn b*stard and is thus technically a Sand being born in Dorne, and he has equal targaryen blood as he does stark. and he's LC of the night's watch, how many more huge signs could we have that his name means nothing?

Brynden was running the kingdom and fighting and killing his own half brothers in the name of TARGARYEN and his great-great nephew is jon's father and you just wanna ignore that huh :heh: i respect your stan motivation :ehh:

Brynden killed his own half brothers because he could foresee the Long Night and knew that Azor Ahai came from Rhaegar's nutsack, so he had to back Daeron over Daemon eventhough he loved Daemon more :mjcry: All the shiesty things he did was to protect Daeron to make sure his descendants would live on. He was Tyrion if Tyrion could see the future. So technically Bryden aint really give a fukk about the Targs either :heh: It was all about protecting the realm.....if he cared about the Targs he would have gave Robert an aneurysm before he busted up Rhaegar's sternum :heh: he would've stopped Rhaegar from kidnapping Lyanna because he'd foresee that it wouldn't end well for ANYBODY :heh: but everything had to happen, Targs had to get eradicated and Rhaegar had to die, so Jon could grow up and become TPTWP :blessed:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Brynden killed his own half brothers because he could foresee the Long Night and knew that Azor Ahai came from Rhaegar's nutsack, so he had to back Daeron over Daemon. All the shiesty things he did was to protect Daeron to make sure his descendants would live on. He was Tyrion if Tyrion could see the future. So technically Bryden aint really give a fukk about the Targs either :heh: It was all about protecting the realm.....if he cared about the Targs he would have made an aneurysm in Robert's brain pop before he busted up Rhaegar's sternum :heh: he would've stopped Rhaegar from kidnapping Lyanna because he'd foresee that it wouldn't end well for ANYBODY :heh: but everything had to happen, Targs had to get eradicated and Rhaegar had to die, so Jon could grow up and become TPTWP :blessed:
:wtf: brynden aint god, he just sees shyt

foresee the long night :dwillhuh: he was born thousands of years after that

he went against daemon because he was a blackwood and bittersteel was a bracken. and because he wasn't falling for Faegon I aka Daemon Blackfyre

if ANYONE proved they were #targset it was him

KingMalik

All Star
Daps

he went against daemon because he was a blackwood and bittersteel was a bracken. and because he wasn't falling for Faegon I aka Daemon Blackfyre

The war that's coming homie....:stopitslime:

I called it the Second Long Night because that's basically what it is...

Brynden essentially is a god, breh

Brynden loved Daemon the most.

"I have my own ghosts. A brother I loved, a brother I hated, a woman I desired. In my dreams I see them still, but no word of mine has ever reached them."

The woman is Shiera. The brother he hated was Bittersteel. The brother he loved was Daemon. He said he's haunted by them. Why would he be haunted by King Daeron if he protected King Daeron and protected the kingdom? :francis: He's haunted by Daemon Blackfyre because he had to betray him. If Bran can see into the past at 10 years old, what you think Bloodraven can do :francis: Bloodraven saw everything that was going to happen with the White Walkers and knew Rhaegar's son would be the warrior to defeat them. Rhaegar was from Daeron's line. So Daemon Blackfyre and all his sons had to die......shrewd pragmatism for the good of Westeros :francis:

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?

Blood raven looks real funny in the light if you ask me. Egg was right in exiling him, he played fast and loose with guest right of safe passage and the small folk had no love for dude.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
The war that's coming homie....:stopitslime:

I called it the Second Long Night because that's basically what it is...

Brynden essentially is a god, breh

Brynden loved Daemon the most.

"I have my own ghosts. A brother I loved, a brother I hated, a woman I desired. In my dreams I see them still, but no word of mine has ever reached them."

The woman is Shiera. The brother he hated was Bittersteel. The brother he loved was Daemon. He said he's haunted by them. Why would he be haunted by King Daeron if he protected King Daeron and protected the kingdom? :francis: He's haunted by Daemon Blackfyre because he had to betray him. If Bran can see into the past at 10 years old, what you think Bloodraven can do :francis: Bloodraven saw everything that was going to happen with the White Walkers and knew Rhaegar's son would be the warrior to defeat them. Rhaegar was from Daeron's line. So Daemon Blackfyre and all his sons had to die......shrewd pragmatism for the good of Westeros :francis:
:pachaha: aight breh maybe

you stay comin up with the most speculative argument-inducing spins :heh:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Blood raven looks real funny in the light if you ask me. Egg was right in exiling him, he played fast and loose with guest right of safe passage and the small folk had no love for dude.
he was a wartime consigliere, they didnt fukk with him personally but would they rather have had house blackfyre take over?

egg got along with him too, they both knew he did some grimy shyt and paid for it

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
he was a wartime consigliere, they didnt fukk with him personally but would they rather have had house blackfyre take over?

egg got along with him too, they both knew he did some grimy shyt and paid for it
Yes, the majority of the small folk Egg comes across (and minor houses) rode for the blackfyre, and even the ones that didn't didn't fukk with Bloodraven specifically. Egg fukked with BR because of the bloodline, but even in the mystery knight, Egg saw that the dude acted like a maniac.
The dude is a creep, and his agenda is unknown, he could end up being the most evil mutha fukka in the planetos for all we know

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Yes, the majority of the small folk Egg comes across (and minor houses) rode for the blackfyre, and even the ones that didn't didn't fukk with Bloodraven specifically. Egg fukked with BR because of the bloodline, but even in the mystery knight, Egg saw that the dude acted like a maniac.
The dude is a creep, and his agenda is unknown, he could end up being the most evil mutha fukka in the planetos for all we know
yeah the characters they came across were blackfyre, but that's a plot device to show us dunk's inner conflicts

i dont know why we're trying to act like any of these characters are fully centered heroes when the whole theme of this universe is that nobody is perfect. dunk caught bodies, egg merked his whole family in a prelude to aerys ii's madness. bloodraven rode for his brothers who happened to be kings. we always hear how bad kinslaying is and he did it with zero fukks because he thought it was the right thing to do. there's no apologies for it, and he might be a creepy old greenseer that's gonna try to turn bran into gods know what, but to shyt on him completely is disingenuous. and regardless of his plan, he is THE reason bran has any purpose

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
aux78oxzw9y8dxyk2znw.jpg

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
yeah the characters they came across were blackfyre, but that's a plot device to show us dunk's inner conflicts

i dont know why we're trying to act like any of these characters are fully centered heroes when the whole theme of this universe is that nobody is perfect. dunk caught bodies, egg merked his whole family in a prelude to aerys ii's madness. bloodraven rode for his brothers who happened to be kings. we always hear how bad kinslaying is and he did it with zero fukks because he thought it was the right thing to do. there's no apologies for it, and he might be a creepy old greenseer that's gonna try to turn bran into gods know what, but to shyt on him completely is disingenuous. and regardless of his plan, he is THE reason bran has any purpose
I'm not completely sh1tting on him, I am intrigued by his character and obviously his story arc is hugely important. I know gurm doesn't do good guy/bad guy because that is not how the world works, I'm just saying that BR might be the biggest villain in the book for all we know, and the stage is set that it could go either way.