A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Does anyone feel like Sansa is the key to a stark reunion. None of them have been together since season one excluding bran and rickon and the closest we've seen is Jon and bran being in the same place last season. Sansa has learned new info about 3 of her siblings in the past few episodes.

If Sansa comes into some kind of power in the north after dealing with the Bolton's, I could see her using that power to assist Jon and the nights watch at the wall or look for bran and rickon, most likely rickon as bran is too far out.

Arya I feel like is on her own, but it would be cool for her to make it back to kings landing and wreck shyt.
Basically I would like just one fukking stark reunion before this is over.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
No. Blackwater is the single best episode of ANY tv show I ever seen. Its up there with the episode where Will's dad comes back on Fresh Prince. And the Battle of the Bulge episode of Band of Brothers.

Cersei and her drunken rants through the night to contemplating killing her own son and self
Tyrion's "those are brave men out there....lets go kill them"
Everytime Stannis was on screen (the Storms End story, "Not hundreds....thousands")
The Wildfire
Pod killing Mandon Moore
The Hound's "fukk the king"
Joffrey bytching out
The cavalry of Tywin and the Tyrells

:wow: Blackwater is the pinnacle of this show so far. Hardhome is close and so is The Mountain and the Viper
i gotta rewatch that episode. i forgot about watchers of the wall though, those 3 are definitely top 5 for me. red wedding is up there, idk what that 5th spot would be though.:patrice:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
watchers on the wall is TOP for me in terms of suspense and the anxiety it gave off

blackwater was awesome and had some hilarious moments, like the hound getting drunk and tyrion laying into him like a regional manager who just found his intern getting high in the broom closet

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
watchers on the wall is TOP for me in terms of suspense and the anxiety it gave off

blackwater was awesome and had some hilarious moments, like the hound getting drunk and tyrion laying into him like a regional manager who just found his intern getting high in the broom closet
Sandor doing his whole "fukk the city, fukk the king" thing is a top 5 scene for me. He was on a roll that episode.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Does anyone feel like Sansa is the key to a stark reunion. None of them have been together since season one excluding bran and rickon and the closest we've seen is Jon and bran being in the same place last season. Sansa has learned new info about 3 of her siblings in the past few episodes.

If Sansa comes into some kind of power in the north after dealing with the Bolton's, I could see her using that power to assist Jon and the nights watch at the wall or look for bran and rickon, most likely rickon as bran is too far out.

Arya I feel like is on her own, but it would be cool for her to make it back to kings landing and wreck shyt.
Basically I would like just one fukking stark reunion before this is over.
she the only one who i feel still needs to catch hands from her family for fukkin up in the beginning so bad

i mean she gettin her booty busted down in the show by ramsay so i guess that's even :francis:

but in the books imma need her to take a very direct L :stopitslime:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I'm starting to think they're making it too obvious with Olly murking Jon. Yeah he's been giving Jon dirty looks when he's talking about Wildlings but I don't think he hates what Jon is doing enough to knife him up. He does however hate the fukk out of Tormund. I'm thinking he sneaks and kills Tormund in ep 9 and puts Jon in a similar situation to Robb with the Karstarks and that's when the Watch turns on him in ep 10.

I'm also thinking he sends Sam and Gillie to Olde Town to find out more about WW vulnerabilities after he finds out about what happened while he was gone

Ramsey is gonna set Stannis' camp on fire and that's when something happens to Shireen (which is why Selyse is crying in one of those trailers IMO). He blames Melisandre and sends her back to the wall and that's why she's there in ep 10.

I think the Waif is gonna take it in her hands to blind Arya for killing Trant instead of the man at the docks.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I'm starting to think they're making it too obvious with Olly murking Jon. Yeah he's been giving Jon dirty looks when he's talking about Wildlings but I don't think he hates what Jon is doing enough to knife him up. He does however hate the fukk out of Tormund. I'm thinking he sneaks and kills Tormund in ep 9 and puts Jon in a similar situation to Robb with the Karstarks and that's when the Watch turns on him in ep 10.

I'm also thinking he sends Sam and Gillie to Olde Town to find out more about WW vulnerabilities after he finds out about what happened while he was gone

Ramsey is gonna set Stannis' camp on fire and that's when something happens to Shireen (which is why Selyse is crying in one of those trailers IMO). He blames Melisandre and sends her back to the wall and that's why she's there in ep 10.

I think the Waif is gonna take it in her hands to blind Arya for killing Trant instead of the man at the docks.
I think they should skip the 'blind arya' plot

It wont play well on tv imo....not to mention she can see again like only a chapter later. Its a waste of TV time.

Season 6 she needs to be face-changing

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill

the show thread is gonna be :russ: when the season ends with jon stabbed and arya blind :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

shireen getting burned too

@Adam3000 gone cry in the wheelhouse

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
i wonder if jon will try to collect all the valyrian steel swords and send sam on a quest for that instead of to become a maester. imagine sam trying to convince his father to give him heartsbane tho :russ:
LMAO I need that to happen. That's all I've been thinking about since they let us know that Valyrian Steel is Dragonsteel. Perhaps every person we know who has a Valyrian Steel blade in the story will have to use it against a White Walker in the coming winter.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
LMAO I need that to happen. That's all I've been thinking about since they let us know that Valyrian Steel is Dragonsteel. Perhaps every person we know who has a Valyrian Steel blade in the story will have to use it against a White Walker in the coming winter.

i keep imagining this epic showdown where all the great generals and warriors of westeros unite to fight the white walkers at the neck. all the crannogmen armed with dragonglass arrowheads, a few killas armed with valyrian steel holding down the front and dany, jon and aegon riding dragons and burning down the wights :banderas:

i hope we get to read how it ends within the next 5 years :upsetfavre:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
i keep imagining this epic showdown where all the great generals and warriors of westeros unite to fight the white walkers at the neck. all the crannogmen armed with dragonglass arrowheads, a few killas armed with valyrian steel holding down the front and dany, jon and aegon riding dragons and burning down the wights :banderas:

i hope we get to read how it ends within the next 5 years :upsetfavre:

:usure:

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
So do you think they are going to change dany's story completely, or still have the fukkery with the dragons and her running into the dorakis