A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So do you think they are going to change dany's story completely, or still have the fukkery with the dragons and her running into the dorakis

I don't think they need the Dothrakis... Khal Pono wasn't even on the show right? Don't think it would make much sense for tv viewers.

Jards

All Star
Daps
I think the reason ice king was mad dogging Johnny was because he knows JT is azor ahai.
He realized it when Jon murked that other.
That's what I thought when I watched it. The shot of John on his knees and the way the camera lingered on him made him look almost supernatural. Ice nikka knew John is Azor Ahai and his ultimate nemesis. I think the ultimate showdown will possibly come down to John as Azor Ahai and Ice nikka

Jards

All Star
Daps
I think they should skip the 'blind arya' plot

It wont play well on tv imo....not to mention she can see again like only a chapter later. Its a waste of TV time.

Season 6 she needs to be face-changing
She could see again a chapter later but there were a lot of chapters in between then - I'm pretty sure it was a book later as well. I was fukking pissed - I actually checked the later chapters to make sure she came back otherwise the books were going in the bushes. If I read AFFC when it came out then had to wait 5 years for ADWD that would've fukked me up.

Just imagine they blind Arya and Shank up Jon in the season Finale - non book readers will be pissed :lolbron:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
yaw think triple og Kevan Lannister dies this season? i don't think 2 episodes is enough for him to clean up the streets.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
arya will go blind in ep 10 and wake up with sight in season 6, ep 1. book it

targset brehs, can we schedule a meeting with starkset for the inevitable alliance that's already forged?

we've all been ignoring the fact that Targaryen Triple OG and one Brynden Rivers is the mentor to the next Lord of Winterfell :francis:

forget all the dany/jon R+L=J stuff, we're already bonded in weirwood roots :mjcry:

keep the beef going for the show's thread sake but let's get this contingency plan going shall we

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
So here's my question about Arya...

We know that they are casting for an actress because of this:
"Description: “In her early 40’s, she’s an elegant actress with a traveling theatre company. Fun, charismatic, rum-drinking actress in the troupe.”
which makes it sound like they are going to do Arya's Mercy chapter, which would seemingly be when she kills Meryn Tyrant.

So if that happens next season, who is she going to kill this season to end up blind? I thought she ended up blinded because she killed the Night's Watch singer that ditched Sam to marry whores in Braavos, but that's not happening since Sam is still at the wall. Is there anyone else missing that could fill in for the singer? Or am I misremembering and she ended up blind for some other reason?

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
Just had a thought.....what if Loras is the "little brother" that kills Cersei? Cersei can't get killed by Tyrion, it's too obvious. Jaime could work but, I'm thinking Loras. Let's say Margery loses her trial and gets her head hacked off :mjcry: eventhough Cersei got to walk away alive.....I could see her one....watching her kids die in the WW invasion, first part of the prophecy....watching Dany, the younger Queen, arrive in Westeros and completely throw her in the bushes....second part of the prophecy....and when she's hiding in a dungeon somewhere completely forgotten about by everybody, Loras finds her and chokes her to death for empowering the Faith and getting his sister killed....last part of the prophecy :lupe:

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
So here's my question about Arya...

We know that they are casting for an actress because of this:
"Description: “In her early 40’s, she’s an elegant actress with a traveling theatre company. Fun, charismatic, rum-drinking actress in the troupe.”
which makes it sound like they are going to do Arya's Mercy chapter, which would seemingly be when she kills Meryn Tyrant.

So if that happens next season, who is she going to kill this season to end up blind? I thought she ended up blinded because she killed the Night's Watch singer that ditched Sam to marry whores in Braavos, but that's not happening since Sam is still at the wall. Is there anyone else missing that could fill in for the singer? Or am I misremembering and she ended up blind for some other reason?
They already showed a teaser screen shot of a PYT dancing for Trent, so that is gonna happen this season. I also hope they skip the blind part (unless they use it as a segway to advance/introduce her warging). It's kind of like LSH, there is too much story to tell to unwrap it once they present it, the pace of the show does not allow for it

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
They already showed a teaser screen shot of a PYT dancing for Trent, so that is gonna happen this season. I also hope they skip the blind part (unless they use it as a segway to advance/introduce her warging). It's kind of like LSH, there is too much story to tell to unwrap it once they present it, the pace of the show does not allow for it

That makes sense, I must've missed something - was that teaser in a trailer somewhere?

I agree about the blind thing too, that doesn't make as much of an impact in the show where the Starks aren't warging. Stoneheart could still work for me though, depending on what she ends up doing in the books, but I let that dream die 2 seasons ago and never expect to see it in the show anyway.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Just had a thought.....what if Loras is the "little brother" that kills Cersei? Cersei can't get killed by Tyrion, it's too obvious. Jaime could work but, I'm thinking Loras. Let's say Margery loses her trial and gets her head hacked off :mjcry: eventhough Cersei got to walk away alive.....I could see her one....watching her kids die in the WW invasion, first part of the prophecy....watching Dany, the younger Queen, arrive in Westeros and completely throw her in the bushes....second part of the prophecy....and when she's hiding in a dungeon somewhere completely forgotten about by everybody, Loras finds her and chokes her to death for empowering the Faith and getting his sister killed....last part of the prophecy :lupe:
so that's tyrion, jamie, the hound, and ser loras. anymore lil bros out there?

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
you man think the Others are gonna make it all the way to KL? they're just gonna run roughshod over the North like that? Starks will reclaim Winterfell by default after the boltons get froze to death?

i just cant see it

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
arya will go blind in ep 10 and wake up with sight in season 6, ep 1. book it

targset brehs, can we schedule a meeting with starkset for the inevitable alliance that's already forged?

we've all been ignoring the fact that Targaryen Triple OG and one Brynden Rivers is the mentor to the next Lord of Winterfell :francis:

forget all the dany/jon R+L=J stuff, we're already bonded in weirwood roots :mjcry:

keep the beef going for the show's thread sake but let's get this contingency plan going shall we

We dont know Bloodravens true motivations or purpose yet

But lets face reality.....the STARK name is the name of importance in both Bran/Bryden and Jon's stories

Admit it bruh:jawalrus:

The Targs werent around for the first Long Night:skip:

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
That makes sense, I must've missed something - was that teaser in a trailer somewhere?

I agree about the blind thing too, that doesn't make as much of an impact in the show where the Starks aren't warging. Stoneheart could still work for me though, depending on what she ends up doing in the books, but I let that dream die 2 seasons ago and never expect to see it in the show anyway.
BDqBeb3.png

This is the pic. IDK for sure, but that's what im thinking.