A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I'm not completely sh1tting on him, I am intrigued by his character and obviously his story arc is hugely important. I know gurm doesn't do good guy/bad guy because that is not how the world works, I'm just saying that BR might be the biggest villain in the book for all we know, and the stage is set that it could go either way.
i got a feeling bloodraven will not remain so benevolent, i also think Leaf and the COTF are kind of creepy and maybe just as dangerous as the Others

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
:pachaha: aight breh maybe

you stay comin up with the most speculative argument-inducing spins :heh:

That's what the text leads me to believe breh :manny:

When I envision Bloodraven, I envision some Paul Bettany looking dude who's somewhat crazy and willing to murder anyone if it fulfills his mission, and it would make it that much more poetic if the brother he loved was the Blackfyre

37883-26925.gif

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
That's what the text leads me to believe breh :manny:

When I envision Bloodraven, I envision some Paul Bettany looking dude who's somewhat crazy and willing to murder anyone if it fulfills his mission, and it would make it that much more poetic if the brother he loved was the Blackfyre

37883-26925.gif
did he even know him tho forreal

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
I think they should skip the 'blind arya' plot

It wont play well on tv imo....not to mention she can see again like only a chapter later. Its a waste of TV time.

Season 6 she needs to be face-changing
The point of Arya going blind was so that she could use her warging to fool the dude training her into thinking she was progressing without actually losing her identity.

That's potentially important going forward.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
speaking of magic, aint no way in hell the wizards in Quarth were the only ones walkin around :comeon: dragons returning done beefed up all magic users so im still expecting some Voldemort ass nikka to crawl outside from under a rock and get to doin some fukkshyt

on another note im still confused about the importance of Sam/Jacquen at the Citadel since they're apparently tossin that shyt in the bushes for the show :patrice: is that where sam finna find out about V. steel being useful?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
The point of Arya going blind was so that she could use her warging to fool the dude training her into thinking she was progressing without actually losing her identity.

That's potentially important going forward.
yep

still dont get why they left warging out, shyt with bran all they do is have him roll his eyes

shoulda been easy to do with everyone else :stopitslime:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I see this interview is from April but going back through the thread I didn't see any posts on it
In one intriguing new wrinkle, Martin says he just came up with a big, revealing twist on a long-time character that he never previously considered. “This is going to drive your readers crazy,” he teases, “but I love it. I’m still weighing whether to go that direction or not. It’s a great twist. It’s easy to do things that are shocking or unexpected, but they have to grow out of characters. They have to grow out of situations. Otherwise, it’s just being shocking for being shocking. But this is something that seems very organic and natural, and I could see how it would happen. And with the various three, four characters involved… it all makes sense. But it’s nothing I’ve ever thought of before. And it’s nothing they can do in the show, because the show has already—on this particular character—made a couple decisions that will preclude it, where in my case I have not made those decisions.”
I think he trying to switch shyt up cause he mad the show passing him by like that girl did the pharcyde. It might actually end up being a good thing tho to not have everything spoiled by the show.

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
I see this interview is from April but going back through the thread I didn't see any posts on it

I think he trying to switch shyt up cause he mad the show passing him by like that girl did the pharcyde. It might actually end up being a good thing tho to not have everything spoiled by the show.

He had 20 years man