A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
so brehs even though i was wrong about the WW dying because of the valyrian steel, am i wrong about some recognition of his true nature by the presumably Night's King (or the Night's King sergeant at arms)? :lupe:

recognition either that he is a force to be reckoned with or, if that really is the Night's King, that they both might share Stark blood :lupe:

or maybe he was just glaring at him because he's the first commander of any human troops, at least in the last thousand years, to realize that valyrian steel can hurt them

tjwettem

#StarkSet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#StarkSet
so brehs even though i was wrong about the WW dying because of the valyrian steel, am i wrong about some recognition of his true nature by the presumably Night's King (or the Night's King sergeant at arms)? :lupe:

recognition either that he is a force to be reckoned with or, if that really is the Night's King, that they both might share Stark blood :lupe:

or maybe he was just glaring at him because he's the first commander of any human troops, at least in the last thousand years, to realize that valyrian steel can hurt them

i feel like this was a nod to the old legend of the stark who teamed up with joramun to take down the last nights king. Jon Snow/Tormund playing those roles now.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
i feel like this was a nod to the old legend of the stark who teamed up with joramun to take down the last nights king. Jon Snow/Tormund playing those roles now.
yeah that fits. the seemingly earth shatteringly important political alliances formed are really just same soup, reheated

but what about the idea that Night's King is a rogue Stark that took a PAWW for his wife? we buyin that?

could mean nothing for the books of course, hardhome will probably play less of a role in the grand scheme of ASOIAF

ATLien

DSGB
Daps
Reppin
S.W.A.T.S
yeah that fits. the seemingly earth shatteringly important political alliances formed are really just same soup, reheated

but what about the idea that Night's King is a rogue Stark that took a PAWW for his wife? we buyin that?

could mean nothing for the books of course, hardhome will probably play less of a role in the grand scheme of ASOIAF

:lolbron:

And I was worried who that was in that hood too:lupe:. My heart was :to: already!

tjwettem

#StarkSet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#StarkSet

:dead:

My inner stark stan will not allow me to buy into that theory, probably a bolton. I don't see hardhome playing a big role in the books, the producers were talking about using it b/c its a location book readers and show watchers alike know very little about.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
i think the night king being stark is gonna hold some kind of weight. i believe in old nan.:yeshrug:

Night%27s_King.png

yaw think that shyt warm? :shaq:

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Just two more episodes for that Azor Ahai confirmation and I'm sure Stannis stans are about to be upset. :youngsabo:

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
Do yall think the Ancient Valyrians saw the Night's King and the other White Walkers when their magicians peeked into Westeros?

I can imagine them saying "Nah....we good right here in Essos" :merchant:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
:dead:

My inner stark stan will not allow me to buy into that theory, probably a bolton. I don't see hardhome playing a big role in the books, the producers were talking about using it b/c its a location book readers and show watchers alike know very little about.
The Boltons do love some fukkery :ehh:

But not all Starks are good, it's all generational. The reason we know so much about Tywin's dad is to show how houses can claim their words and legacy, but ultimately what they do is down to the guy running them at the time. Look at the Tarlys of Horn Hill. Sam was set to inherit Heartsbane :huhldup:

Do yall think the Ancient Valyrians saw the Night's King and the other White Walkers when their magicians peeked into Westeros?

I can imagine them saying "Nah....we good right here in Essos" :merchant:
I'd say yeah, there's a reason it took the Doom for a Valyrian family to head west. Not necessarily because of fear but because of opportunity cost. Only when they were confined to Dragonstone did they decide it was worth it to expand.

Aegon the gawd had enough trouble dealing with the humans, imagine if the Wall weren't built yet