A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
I hope D & D have something planned to turn show watchers opinions on Theon around.
A lot of them only watch the show to see action and root for people not to actually give it any deeper or nuanced thought though (which book readers also do but it's harder to not do it than if you're watching the show).

tjwettem

#StarkSet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#StarkSet
Hardhome singlehandedly saved this season from being a major disappointment. After all the major deviations from the book, the terrible depiction of the sand snakes, the sansa rape, and just overall lackluster progression of major characters this shyt was exactly what was needed. They really did a great job with this episode, makes me hopeful for the last two episodes.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Nah, it was Longclaw

The first sword Jon used shattered. Also, they specifically showed Longclaw and Jeor Mormont talking about it in the "previously on" segment
yeah and wouldn't it be on fire if it was azor?
Yes, and its not an "in the moment" hype thing, this was flat out incredible television tonight.
yeah i have to agree.

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
Nah, it was Longclaw

The first sword Jon used shattered. Also, they specifically showed Longclaw and Jeor Mormont talking about it in the "previously on" segment
So what's so special about Longclaw then? Just being a Valryian steel sword? If so Sam The Slayer needs to roll back to Horn Hill and pick up Heartsbane for the next fight.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
So what's so special about Longclaw then? Just being a Valryian steel sword? If so Sam The Slayer needs to roll back to Horn Hill and pick up Heartsbane for the next fight.

Valyrian steel is forged from magic and dragonfire.

Dragons are magic, they represent the fire. The Others are also magic, they represent the ice

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Nah, it was Longclaw

i just saw the "previously" segment after i watched the episode

if Jorah hadn't sold those brehs and gotten banished, Jon woulda never had Longclaw and would've been fighting with some regular ass castle forged steel :ehh:

jorah you've already paid your debt, come home and stop simping :wow:

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
"He always comes back"

That scene between Sam & Ollie had major foreshadowing. Sam telling him the unnecessary/unpopular decisions are necessary w/ Ollie interpreting that as reason for stabbing the Snowman. He always comes back a not-so-subtle hint that there's no way Jon Snow is getting killed off for good. He's coming back!

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
"He always comes back"

That scene between Sam & Ollie had major foreshadowing. Sam telling him the unnecessary/unpopular decisions are necessary w/ Ollie interpreting that as reason for stabbing the Snowman. He always comes back a not-so-subtle hint that there's no way Jon Snow is getting killed off for good. He's coming back!
yeah that was a dope scene, very subtle but very prescient

btw you're #theonset arent you? how you feelin breh