A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I know Im late to the Party I just finished reading Storm of Swords that book was :ahh: about to pick up A feast for crows after work today.

There were so many :ohhh::lolbron::what::skip::ahh: moments in that book and this shyt is just making me much more thirsty for season 3 to start

As you can see from my avi I ride with the one true king, the lord of light Stannis Baratheon and he repped as usual but I really must say the Lannisters man they always pay their debts:skip:

If you on the fence about reading the book get off the coli and go cop these books you will not be disappointed.Best thing I did this summer Game if Thrones has such a huge following where I am in NYC I swear everytime I go to the bars I have the book with me and i kid you not I have gotten into a conversation about this show everytime with a snowbunny.

My face during the "Red Wedding":ohhh::ehh::lolbron:

The night is dark and full of terrors brehs
Yo just peep the train during rush hour...everyone is reading this, hunger games and 50 shades of grey.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
It would be neat if that's George's plan for the character, if it really is Petyr's plan than that would put me in his corner.

Sounds a lot better than Dany Targaryen reclaiming the throne or whoever else planning to take it. fukk all that.

Westeros is in serious need of democracy. :birdman:

I agree, littlefinger has been one of my favs since book 1. I cant wait to see peoples faces through season 3/4

I personally think that it will come down to Littlefinger and whatever Bran has up his sleeves...don't let this nikka Bran come down with the children of the forest on some true King Beyond the Wall shyt with mystical powers...

also...Who else is like :lolbron: at "Aegon" basically butt-raping the Stormlands real or not dude and his mercs are a force to be reckoned with

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I agree, littlefinger has been one of my favs since book 1. I cant wait to see peoples faces through season 3/4

I personally think that it will come down to Littlefinger and whatever Bran has up his sleeves...don't let this nikka Bran come down with the children of the forest on some true King Beyond the Wall shyt with mystical powers...

also...Who else is like :lolbron: at "Aegon" basically butt-raping the Stormlands real or not dude and his mercs are a force to be reckoned with

I wanna see how Dany and the Stark children gonna coexist.

I mean dany got dragons but arya can change her face and off that chick with the quickness ( I still think she's gonna either get assassination orders for someone she used to be cool with, or leave the temple and they come after her :sadcam:) and bran can basically connect with all the mythical creatures (maybe dragons too)

I think those are the main characters that are gonna stay alive til the very end tho, seeing as they are young and been escaping death while getting the most assistance lately.

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
stash-1-501621feb2a69.jpeg

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall
Yo just peep the train during rush hour...everyone is reading this, hunger games and 50 shades of grey.

Yeah man I get on my train and some dude is reading the same Feast of a crows and gives me the :obama:

Im looking at the book and let me ask yall a question since this shyt dont have any chapters on the boss characters(Davos,Stannis:lawd:Tywin) can I read a Dance with Dragons and then read a feast of crows?A dance of dragons seems to have more chapters on the characters I like:yeshrug:

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Yeah man I get on my train and some dude is reading the same Feast of a crows and gives me the :obama:

Im looking at the book and let me ask yall a question since this shyt dont have any chapters on the boss characters(Davos,Stannis:lawd:Tywin) can I read a Dance with Dragons and then read a feast of crows?A dance of dragons seems to have more chapters on the characters I like:yeshrug:

no it would ruin/spoil alot of stuff...

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Yeah I know, to back up the theory I think Littlefinger's motivation for what he's doing goes back to how he was screwed over because of the strict social hierarchy of Westeros. Petyr seemed to be a good kid when he was fostered with the Tullys.

The book doesn't go into detail with Petyr's past but he's described as being a low status and clever kid who was genuinely a good friend of Edmure and was healthily infatuated with Catelyn. Right up until he was humiliated by Brandon Stark and raped by Lysa while wounded in bed.

When he's all healed up they send him packing back home where I assumed he got to brood over how the system screwed him over in getting what he wanted. So this kid grows into a man and decides to climb up the ranks using his talents to fukk the system over like it did to him as a child.

As of right now it's the only motive that makes sense. However much a nutjob Littlefinger looks like in the books, the man's movement throughout the books looks democratic :manny:

Very impressive that he's doing it by himself but I think Petyr's endgame, if he has one, is something that's gonna be good for the common folk and bad for these feudal lords.

I've been re-reading ACOK and just finished an early Tyrion chapter where he is trying to determine whether he can take down LF or not. It mentions how LF came up multiplying the wealth of houses before being appointed Master of Coin. It specifically mentions how he replaced all the various lords running the kingdom's finances with merchants and men of modest birth. Real interesting shyt, and I think it goes back to this theory.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

I basically skipped over AFOC and was just able to piece together most of the shyt that happened while i was reading ADOD

Only character i read in AFOC was bran(think he had a chap. or two) arya cuz she's the homie off GP :birdman:

and her chapters were flames

but if something has you completely :wtf: and u really wanna know you can always go back and just read that particular characters chapters

I personally dont give a shyt about Cersei, Jaime, or Brienne

if it aint a stark(including jon), tyrion, dany,littlefinger or stannis i'm already half asleep :yeshrug:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
You can't skip AFFC, come on. I think it gets undeserved hate due to the way it was structured (none of people's favorite POVs basically). I'd argue it has some of the best POVs in the series. Cersei's POV is amazing, and most outside of Brienne's are good too. IMO it's the best written novel in the series. It feels poetic throughout, especially the Doran Martell stuff plus the parts where Brienne meets the septon on the road.

ADWD eventually gets to a point where it surpasses the timeline of AFFC, so it's best to start with AFFC. That way when the cliff hangers from that book start getting resolved you'll know what's up. Plus reading them together you'll get an interesting look at leadership from three characters (Cersei, Jon, and Dany)

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall
no it would ruin/spoil alot of stuff...

You can't skip AFFC, come on. I think it gets undeserved hate due to the way it was structured (none of people's favorite POVs basically). I'd argue it has some of the best POVs in the series. Cersei's POV is amazing, and most outside of Brienne's are good too. IMO it's the best written novel in the series. It feels poetic throughout, especially the Doran Martell stuff plus the parts where Brienne meets the septon on the road.

ADWD eventually gets to a point where it surpasses the timeline of AFFC, so it's best to start with AFFC. That way when the cliff hangers from that book start getting resolved you'll know what's up. Plus reading them together you'll get an interesting look at leadership from three characters (Cersei, Jon, and Dany)

Yeah yall right I will go in order but damn he couldnt put in a couple of chapters about the lord of light and the imp especially since they had such great plotlines in ASOS:damn:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I'm pretty sure it would enhance the series by reading all the books, but i just didn't wanna read the majority of that shyt and if something went over my head i just went back and checked it out either in the book or online :yeshrug:

he asked if it was absolutely necessary, i got on along fine without the majority of it so of course i would say what i said

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I think you will be greatly satisfied w/ how the Lord of Light :lawd: is written (not intended to spoil what may or may not happen to him)...worth the wait