A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Yeah man I get on my train and some dude is reading the same Feast of a crows and gives me the :obama:

Im looking at the book and let me ask yall a question since this shyt dont have any chapters on the boss characters(Davos,Stannis:lawd:Tywin) can I read a Dance with Dragons and then read a feast of crows?A dance of dragons seems to have more chapters on the characters I like:yeshrug:

nah breh the Jamie and Cersei POV in Book 4 are some of the best in the series...

colicolicoli

Droid Gang
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Count me in the "skip AFFC" group. I've read the entire series including ADWD without reading AFFC and I got everything fine. I did read brief summaries of AFFC though.

I'm probably gonna end up reading it before the next book comes out, but right now I'm in no rush.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
IMO AFFC is the weakest in enjoyment out of all the books I've read so far but I didn't dare skip pages. Even though I hated the Brienne chapters I got something out it.

Yall think Podrick Payne got murked? If he did I'll hate Lady Stoneheart for rest of the series I swear. Don't know why the fukk Lord Beric decided to revive that bytch way too much collateral going on but I almost don't mind with all dem Freys getting got.

Also :ohhh: @ Tom Sevenstrings staging himself as a singer in Riverrun now that Emmon Frey has claimed it. I feel a Trojan Horse like massacre comin'...

Tikal

Coming thru like BLAOW
Daps
Reppin
:ahh:
Yall think Podrick Payne got murked? If he did I'll hate Lady Stoneheart for rest of the series I swear. Don't know why the fukk Lord Beric decided to revive that bytch way too much collateral going on but I almost don't mind with all dem Freys getting got.

Always disliked that bytch :pacspit:, I hope my man Jamie is alright though :to:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Lol, that's just license ware crap. Ol george is cashing out.

No one fought with a weapon like that historically, except maybe roadside work crews.

The wording tho... It's says Rhaegar's breast plate was crushed. The smaller hammer looks like it would only puncture now the bigger one seems like the type to crush.

NaiSim

HEAR ME ROAR!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
nj
Theres epub ebooks online that combine the affc and adwd chapter chronologically. Read those if you can absolutely not wait for tyrion or the rightful king's chapters.

Also fukk aegon and dany brehs. Aegon ain't nothing but a puppet and dany is a barren broad. They have no business on the iron throne.

Stannis Baratheon stands for justice. He stands for vengeance. He stands for the rule of law against the depredations of the Lannisters and Tyrells.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I didn't like Stannis for a good minute and now I'm rooting for him and Jon Snow but if the theory on Littlefinger is on the money, I'm pretty much gonna throw all of them in the bushes and change sides.

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
I think most of the AFFC 'hate' comes from the fans that waited 4-5 years for it to come out. It also came after ASOS, which was straight flames every single page. But people need to understand the books can't all be all mind-blowing climaxes like the Red Wedding. AFFC was the 'slow down and set up the pieces for the future' book. Don't believe the negative hype. AFFC is still a damn good book even if it's considered the weakest in the series(which I don't necesarily agree with). It's head-and-shoulders above most other fiction out there...

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
I think most of the AFFC 'hate' comes from the fans that waited 4-5 years for it to come out. It also came after ASOS, which was straight flames every single page. But people need to understand the books can't all be all mind-blowing climaxes like the Red Wedding. AFFC was the 'slow down and set up the pieces for the future' book. Don't believe the negative hype. AFFC is still a damn good book even if it's considered the weakest in the series(which I don't necesarily agree with). It's head-and-shoulders above most other fiction out there...

c/s
the title tells you all you need to know. They are picking up after the war of the Five kings and therefore there would not be that much action but it is breather form all that. Also you find out Sam is not a craven. :smugfavre:

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall
I think you will be greatly satisfied w/ how the Lord of Light :lawd: is written (not intended to spoil what may or may not happen to him)...worth the wait

:leon:

I greatly enjoyed AFFC. Don't skip it.

AFFC was hot. dont' skip

nah breh the Jamie and Cersei POV in Book 4 are some of the best in the series...

Yeah I am going to put that work in on AFFC I will post in this thread whenever I have questions about how things tie in or if something goes over my head

Count me in the "skip AFFC" group. I've read the entire series including ADWD without reading AFFC and I got everything fine. I did read brief summaries of AFFC though.

I'm probably gonna end up reading it before the next book comes out, but right now I'm in no rush.

I hear ya breh and knowing how I am somewhere along the way im going t o buy ADWD and probably read the Stannis Parts cause I just cant help myself

Thats my lord of light brehs:to:

Theres epub ebooks online that combine the affc and adwd chapter chronologically. Read those if you can absolutely not wait for tyrion or the rightful king's chapters.

Also fukk aegon and dany brehs. Aegon ain't nothing but a puppet and dany is a barren broad. They have no business on the iron throne.

Stannis Baratheon stands for justice. He stands for vengeance. He stands for the rule of law against the depredations of the Lannisters and Tyrells.

Wait I thought Aegon was dead aint he the king that Jaime killed hence the "Kingslayer"?

Also is you going to type Stannis Baratheon please give him his respect and address him as the one true king,the lord of light:lawd:

:birdman:
I didn't like Stannis for a good minute and now I'm rooting for him and Jon Snow but if the theory on Littlefinger is on the money, I'm pretty much gonna throw all of them in the bushes and change sides.

I understand before you were rolling with the wrong team.It happens.IF you want to keep it funky we all know who should be the true king of the realm. I offer you and everyone else here an opportunity to bend the knee to the true king and rep that House Baratheon and you too shall be enlightened.:ahh:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
:leon:

Yeah I am going to put that work in on AFFC I will post in this thread whenever I have questions about how things tie in or if something goes over my head

Wait I thought Aegon was dead aint he the king that Jaime killed hence the "Kingslayer"?

Part 1: Feel free to ask between me and CtDash and Naisim i thing we got lore on lock :dj2:

and number 2 is spoiler-rific breh...get through ADWD before asking anything about Aegon

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
The king that Jaime killed was Aerys aka "the mad king". Aegon is his nephew, the son of Aerys' son, Rhaegar.