A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I love the show, always have. I started reading the books after watching the show. I don't mind the deviations and leaving characters out. I don't even mind the easily identifiable pandering to the show watchers.

What I do mind is lazy, fukking corny TV and we're getting a lot of that shyt lately, dating back to Bran's subplot last season. Just lazy and corny shyt. Corny dialogue, corny acting, corny designs. Too much corny lately. Too rushed at parts. Too lazy in writing. Characters just travelings hundreds and thousands of miles in a week or less. No character development. Cheesy 80s characters introductions.

Obviously some of the other subplots are still going strong.

Very disappointing season so far.
i agree with this, except for the parts about Bran. that's a real strong storyline :yeshrug: the fight between the ice zombies and Leaf was wack on TV tho

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
What are some good ASOIAF forums that arent full of people just trashing the show left and right, so not westeros.org. Seems like all i see are people attempting to confirm theories and judge the characters and storyline of the show based on how they assume the story will flow in the books.

tjwettem

#StarkSet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#StarkSet
Finally watched, and Im sick to my stomach. These nikkas really just said fukk the books this season. I didnt mind the deviations in the earlier seasons they weren't as drastic. Everything about the sansa scenes was awful to see.

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
What are some good ASOIAF forums that arent full of people just trashing the show left and right, so not westeros.org. Seems like all i see are people attempting to confirm theories and judge the characters and storyline of the show based on how they assume the story will flow in the books.
the asoiaf subreddit

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
if I learned anything in this episode it's that I really hate what they did to the sand snakes, they act like they're in a kids show or something, just plain annoying to watch and all the more painfull because I really enjoyed reading about them in the books. With all the things they changed from the books at least I won't have to be worried about not enjoying the story when GRRM finally (if ever) finishes it. I am relieved Ramsay didn't do to Sansa what he does to Jeyne Pool in the books, it's still pretty horrible, but I was glad all that Reek had to do was watch it.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
@beanz you got a hookup on those audio book mp3s? :myman:

i got it from piratebay and then i downloaded an app off the google store to read them for me. i could probably upload the file for ya somehow tho.

just got up to everybody hearing that theon killed the stark kids and jon snow releasing ygritte. stannis about to land on kings landing but edmure just fukked up robb's plan to trap tywin between riverrun and the west(robbs own fault for not being clear about his intentions tho). dany just burnt down the house of the undying and sansa just got her period. oh and cersei just kidnapped tyrion's "whore" but she got the wrong one :russ:.

one of the highlights of my day is hearing all of this stuff again every morning and afternoon.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
UPcmC7b.gif

:dead: weak ass fight scene man

Last edited:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
i got it from piratebay and then i downloaded an app off the google store to read them for me. i could probably upload the file for ya somehow tho.

just got up to everybody hearing that theon killed the stark kids and jon snow releasing ygritte. stannis about to land on kings landing but edmure just fukked up robb's plan to trap tywin between riverrun and the west(robbs own fault for not being clear about his intentions tho). dany just burnt down the house of the undying and sansa just got her period. oh and cersei just kidnapped tyrion's "whore" but she got the wrong one :russ:.

one of the highlights of my day is hearing all of this stuff again every morning and afternoon.
:salute: file upload would be :ohlawd: i wanna put that on my phone for the commute. how many mp3s is it?

UPcmC7b.gif

:dead: weak ass fight scene man
terrible footwork :scust:

got sand snakes lookin like the fukking putties :snoop:

also am i wrong in not remembering dornishmen being as arabic-appearing as they are in the show? i know they live in a dry area and all that, but i pictured them as more mediterranean. i guess they're kinda like moorish sicilian/spanish in that sense, but the geography and their more liberal culture said something different than how they're portrayed on the show

meereen being east of westeros and decadent and ancient always came off as more arabic-influenced imo :yeshrug:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
:salute: file upload would be :ohlawd: i wanna put that on my phone for the commute. how many mp3s is it?

its not mp3 its someshyt called m4b so u have to download an m4b player off either google play or the apple store. total size is 1.4 GB. i wont be able to do it at work but when i get home tonight ill upload it and send u a link.