A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I like it. I think it will make the reveal (or at least the question) that much more powerful. I swear Robert's Rebellion is AT LEAST worth a mini-series or an anime. Imagine seeing the Sword of the Morning chilling with that blade, Gerold the Bull and Whent with his Bat helm.

"I looked for you on the Trident".

"We weren't there..."

"...And woe to the Usurper had we been...."

:wow:
:whew: :whew:

that cersei flashback to open the season is gonna end a key piece (obviously we know this, but im speaking from a show-only perspective). i hope they use flashbacks sparingly but compellingly

a ToJ flashback to do a reveal would have me :krs: same with tourney at Harrenhal (obviously one feeds into the other)

and on some real shyt, the reason i posted about the naivete is because i gotta stand by and watch brehs shyt on my homeboy Rhaegawd, with them thinking he's a rapist/murderer/mad king supporter :mjcry:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
:whew: :whew:

that cersei flashback to open the season is gonna end a key piece (obviously we know this, but im speaking from a show-only perspective). i hope they use flashbacks sparingly but compellingly

a ToJ flashback to do a reveal would have me :krs: same with tourney at Harrenhal (obviously one feeds into the other)

and on some real shyt, the reason i posted about the naivete is because i gotta stand by and watch brehs shyt on my homeboy Rhaegawd, with them thinking he's a rapist/murderer/mad king supporter :mjcry:

Right and I claim no set but I'm almost sure Rhaegar was basically the Bobby Kennedy of Westeros. Hell until Duskendale and Summerhall, The Mad King was loved too...thats why I hope Dany sees something in Westeros that just makes her snap and she lets loose the Dragons on nikkas. Targs are prone to madness just look at her brother. That would make her entire story worth it to me. :demonic:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Right and I claim no set but I'm almost sure Rhaegar was basically the Bobby Kennedy of Westeros. Hell until Duskendale and Summerhall, The Mad King was loved too...thats why I hope Dany sees something in Westeros that just makes her snap and she lets loose the Dragons on nikkas. Targs are prone to madness just look at her brother. That would make her entire story worth it to me. :demonic:
im thinking the same shyt. but with dany and viserys, shyt was warranted, at least. they're trauma victims, each in their own right

i guess due to his grandfather's dragon hatching fiasco at summerhall, the mad king was too :ld: but remind me of aerys' involvement in summerhall, i've been holding off digging deep into theories (outside of the novels obviously) because i'm waiting for my own payoff re: dunk and egg dovetailing with more barristan stories for dany

and was aerys ii ever "loved"? i know he was as an up and comer, but by the time he was king he was just an idea man and didn't really do shyt if i recall

same coulda happened with rhaegar, i suppose

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
im thinking the same shyt. but with dany and viserys, shyt was warranted, at least. they're trauma victims, each in their own right

i guess due to his grandfather's dragon hatching fiasco at summerhall, the mad king was too :ld: but remind me of aerys' involvement in summerhall, i've been holding off digging deep into theories (outside of the novels obviously) because i'm waiting for my own payoff re: dunk and egg dovetailing with more barristan stories for dany

and was aerys ii ever "loved"? i know he was as an up and comer, but by the time he was king he was just an idea man and didn't really do shyt if i recall

same coulda happened with rhaegar, i suppose

I mean he wasn't Rhaegar level. Dude was about to be on 2004 :obama: levels before Harrenhall. The establishment and the smallfolk fukked with him. :win:

In terms of the Mad King dude's rule was hella peaceful until Duskendale. He dealt with the Ninepenny Kings swiftly and appointed Tywin as Hand and for like a decade er'body was doing good. The nikkas was basically Clinton in the 90's. Then the Lannister/Baratheon became the Bush Administration. With Littlefinger Cheney :troll:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I just re-watched the last ep and thought of something. Since D & D knows the ending, what if they're trolling us and just ruined the R+L theory? What if when the series ends we find out that Maester Aemon was unintentionally stating a fact when he said Dany was the last Targ in the world?

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I just re-watched the last ep and thought of something. Since D & D knows the ending, what if they're trolling us and just ruined the R+L theory? What if when the series ends we find out that Maester Aemon was unintentionally stating a fact when he said Dany was the last Targ in the world?

What if Ned returns to play Fella Stoneheart

What if Varys is actually the real Aegon

These are questions that need not be asked:obama:

yeahisaidit

All Star
Daps
I always wanted to know how Jorah would take hearing about his Father's death. That hurt me, seeing the TV's interpretation.

I don't remember book Arya being this bratty.
I still love her, and it seems as if we're getting Mercy.

Dani may end up Mad like her father :russ:

Littlefinger is going for it all. He's going after everyone he feels has wronged him. Sansa HAS to kill this mofo (books or tv). I do wonder if he's going to absorb Manderly's role...

I can't wait until Cersei gets hers. I hate her in the books, and even more on TV. Olena is about to cut off her supply, though.

Ramsey better die :birdman:

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
I always wanted to know how Jorah would take hearing about his Father's death. That hurt me, seeing the TV's interpretation.

I don't remember book Arya being this bratty.
I still love her, and it seems as if we're getting Mercy.

Dani may end up Mad like her father :russ:

Littlefinger is going for it all. He's going after everyone he feels has wronged him. Sansa HAS to kill this mofo (books or tv). I do wonder if he's going to absorb Manderly's role...

I can't wait until Cersei gets hers. I hate her in the books, and even more on TV. Olena is about to cut off her supply, though.

Ramsey better die :birdman:

I can't believe they let Ramsey rape Sanza....this show is going off the rails a bit. This is going to make the books seem really different.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I can't believe they let Ramsey rape Sanza....this show is going off the rails a bit. This is going to make the books seem really different.
:camby:

It wasn't that bad. He didn't make Theon eat her p*ssy or let his dogs fukk her

As far as rapes go, it was about as least-bad as they could have made it

Or are rapes somehow better when you are less familiar with the character?:rudy:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
:camby:

It wasn't that bad. He didn't make Theon eat her p*ssy or let his dogs fukk her

As far as rapes go, it was about as least-bad as they could have made it

Or are rapes somehow better when you are less familiar with the character?:rudy:
This nikka made Theon watch... I'm sure they could've made it a little better. This bytch ain't even known to be alive in the books outside of a few people. These nikkas done flipped the whole script on the story at this point with the marriage and rape of Sansa Stark.

That line by Ramsay was cold though. The only way it could've been worse is if Ned was in the reek role :damn:

Anyway, show will be caught up by season's end except for maybe Arya's training. Bran will probably pop up in one of the next two episodes in conjunction with Theon being in the godswood. Trying to figure out how Tyrion and Jorah gonna get into Mereen cause I don't think they're gonna get into the sellswords like that. But yeah...can't wait...

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
they just replaced "arya" with sansa. ramsay a sick nikka. i don't see it as a big deal.:yeshrug:

i didn't think tyrion and jorah would be enslaved. i wish that would have happened the way it did in the books.

:lupe: this nikka petyr never ceases to amaze me.
man the and snakes are so wack.:mjcry:might be my biggest disappointment in the show period.

i hope cersei gets hers soon. lancel fukked her, she should of been the first one arrested. tommen weenie ass making me miss jofferey.

:dead: @ the queen of thorns smelling shyt. cersei don't know who she fukking with.

is this season 10 episodes?

yeahisaidit

All Star
Daps
I'd rather they let Reek taste Sansa instead of watching her get raped. I won't be able to watch that scene again.