A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
But i think Epi 9 would be the Hardhome episode....with episode 10 being Dany getting whisked away in the Fighting Pits.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Alfie Allen doesn't get the credit he is warranted for his Theon/Reek. Dude seriously has me totally convinced he's gone from one of the most pompous, arrogant and self-confident people in Westeros to a man less than a man...the shyt ALMOST breaks my heart.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
PNrHqqU.jpg

Brehs,

I'm pretty sure that this is Arya/Meryn Trant and this is the second adaptation of the "Mercy" chapter

:banderas:

If Arya does an actual face change this season

:banderas:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Ok so if you cut both books in half you get one season of story, which is exactly what we are getting. So what's your complaint?

At this point nobody knows what constitutes an important story line. So all those boring travel stories in books 4 and 5 could be just a waste of words for all we know.
My point is they're rushing through the books more than they ever have in the show and I'm not entirely sure that they have to or should. I'm beginning to wonder exactly how close to the books the finale will be

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
My point is they're rushing through the books more than they ever have in the show and I'm not entirely sure that they have to or should. I'm beginning to wonder exactly how close to the books the finale will be
Books 4 & 5 have quite a few dry parts in them. Add in the fact that entire storylines and characters are being dropped, how do you really expect them to drag this out. And then on top of that, why would you want them to stretch out the story? Go in the show thread and you see people complaining that the season has been slow so far, so I think the pacing is fine IMO.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Alfie Allen doesn't get the credit he is warranted for his Theon/Reek. Dude seriously has me totally convinced he's gone from one of the most pompous, arrogant and self-confident people in Westeros to a man less than a man...the shyt ALMOST breaks my heart.
dude looks like he's had his soul taken away.