A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Draw what out? If they did one season a piece for books 4 and 5 they would lose viewers.
Books 4&5 occur at the same time and you could cut them in half (some of 4's cliffhangers actually occur midway through 5) without sacrificing important storylines

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
i like the speculative endings yall got goin here, and i think you're pretty close to the mark. would be :banderas: as well

so here are some loose ends that i wanna see tied up: azor ahai's legend revolves around his sword as much as anything else. to my recollection, Lightbringer doesn't get a lot of screen time in the show, but Jon is always with Longclaw, as in the books. this is a clear path to mel recgonizing him as AA and to some type of confrontation/reconciliation with Jorah, which will no doubt bring him close to Dany, whether violently or in alliance. i think violently, and Jon will kill her with Jorah's sword on some type of indirect betrayal, and Jorah gone cry in the car

so how they gonna work that out brehs :lupe:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Episode 8: Jon get stabbed at Hardhome

Episode 9: His body gets returned to Castle Black

Episode 10: Stannis gets killed at Winterfell (probably by Brienne after beating the Boltons). Melisandre will burn Shireen and ask the Lord of Light to revive Azor Ahai (thinking its Stannis). Back at Castle Black Jon rises instead, revealing him as the real AA.

That's my theory anyways. They're definitely foreshadowing something with Shireen/Melisandre and Melisandre/Jon and made it a point to bring Shireen along with them. There is also a scene in the Season 5 trailer with Selyse losing her shyt which I think is her reaction to Shireen being burned. Actually now that I think about it, they've been playing up the Davos/Shireen relationship, maybe he kills Melisandre after she burns Shireen?

I like this time line as well but I think Jon gets revived/abducted by the Night's King and he wakes up with blue eyes. It would be a nice parallel to Arya waking up blind with white eyes. A podcast I listen too kind talks about this theory.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/03/jon-snow-nights-king-hardhome-game-of-thrones

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Books 4&5 occur at the same time and you could cut them in half (some of 4's cliffhangers actually occur midway through 5) without sacrificing important storylines

Ok so if you cut both books in half you get one season of story, which is exactly what we are getting. So what's your complaint?

At this point nobody knows what constitutes an important story line. So all those boring travel stories in books 4 and 5 could be just a waste of words for all we know.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
it's not really a diss if the crannogmen really do catch and eat frogs :manny:

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
The GNC is almost confirmed.

Jorah is Connington.

Ollie is going to stab Jon.

The Citadel is coming into play, finally.

Theon will crack to Sansa about Bran and Rickon eventually.
That "Kill the Boy" speech :wow:

Bran will get killed by the sandsnakes most likely too

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Episode 8: Jon get stabbed at Hardhome

Episode 9: His body gets returned to Castle Black

Episode 10: Stannis gets killed at Winterfell (probably by Brienne after beating the Boltons). Melisandre will burn Shireen and ask the Lord of Light to revive Azor Ahai (thinking its Stannis). Back at Castle Black Jon rises instead, revealing him as the real AA.

That's my theory anyways. They're definitely foreshadowing something with Shireen/Melisandre and Melisandre/Jon and made it a point to bring Shireen along with them. There is also a scene in the Season 5 trailer with Selyse losing her shyt which I think is her reaction to Shireen being burned. Actually now that I think about it, they've been playing up the Davos/Shireen relationship, maybe he kills Melisandre after she burns Shireen?

rep pending....that would make me declare this the best show ever.