A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
he was outnumbered, but I agree it wasn't how I'd like to see him go out. also I don't think the Unsullied would have broken form like that, especially with Grey Worm with them

Show is doing a horrible job of showing how thorough the Unsullied are supposed to be. No way they get bodied by the damn Sons of the Harpy like that.:what:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Show is doing a horrible job of showing how thorough the Unsullied are supposed to be. No way they get bodied by the damn Sons of the Harpy like that.:what:
The Unsullied are NOT noteworthy close quarters fighters, especially one-on-one. If anything, the show has powered them up in spots, especially Grey Worm.

The only problem with them getting killed was that they didn't try to make formation before the Harpies attacked. (which would have easily been overpowered anyway in this tight situation against big numbers). Once they fight broke out to where individual Unsullied were battling, they would have died in both the books and the show

I swear people don't actually remember half the shyt they read

:francis:

Last edited:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

Nah they did a great job. The Unsullied's strength comes from their organization and lack of collective fear/discord. If you look even when ambushed no one panicked. But they are still humans, and getting caught sleeping still gets you knifed up. AND they were in a tight alley with short spears, NOT the weapon you wanna use for close quarters fighting look at how much Grey Worm had to choke up on his to even be effective.

If anything I'm happy to see them show just how gully and scary the sons of the harpy are. In the books they make them come off as a few dudes who caught a few bodies....seeing it it makes it feel like an actual large faction of very capable killers.

I'm upset about Arianne as well. You know how many fine brown girls coulda played that part. But it looks like Ellaria will take her place as the Dornish rabble rouser. And from a TV perspective...it makes sense. I wonder if she's gonna try and seduce Bronn into raising for Myrcella :ohhh:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
cats need to slow down with the R+L=J talk in the show thread. sure it hasn't been confirmed in the books, but at the same time most of the info that theory is based on has only been covered in the books

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
cats need to slow down with the R+L=J talk in the show thread. sure it hasn't been confirmed in the books, but at the same time most of the info that theory is based on has only been covered in the books
yeah, we all got a little excited there :francis:

i deleted a lot of what i had written to just the most subtle reference possible

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
yeah, we all got a little excited there :francis:

i deleted a lot of what i had written to just the most subtle reference possible
I think it should be interesting to see how the show handles this info. but that's also why I think we should let the show deliver the info at it's own pace. telling people to youtube this or google that is only gonna lead them directly to the conclusion