A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Before the season he said someone dies in the show that doesn't die in the books. People assumed it would be Jamie or Bronn in Dorne since their stories were so different.
I would assume he means in the books released so far.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Before the season he said someone dies in the show that doesn't die in the books. People assumed it would be Jamie or Bronn in Dorne since their stories were so different.

I still think Bronn might get bodied. :mjcry:

All the non-endgame characters aren't safe for the show.

@Adam3000 Rickon probably got ran through by a unicorn and Osha got ate by cannibals.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps

I was wondering how long it would take for Stannis to ride out.

I'm thinking they show the Stone Men next week. That's 2 weeks in a row they've been mentioned and it looks as if Tyrion and Jorah are approaching some cliffs in the preview and it's all foggy and dreary looking.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I wonder if the show will have Jorah slide back into Dany's council with Tyrion by his side. I wonder how Meereen will play out once Dany is gone :patrice:

it just occurred to me this morning that the mereen storyline after dany leaves will be taken over by tyrion. tyrion will be the one doing all the maneuvering that barristan does at the end of dance. pretty fukking cool in my opinion since tyrion is such a smart dude.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I still think Bronn might get bodied. :mjcry:

All the non-endgame characters aren't safe for the show.

@Adam3000 Rickon probably got ran through by a unicorn and Osha got ate by cannibals.

I have a legitimate fear that Rickon is just going to get ignored and forgotten. Balon Greyjoy too. And probably Gendry and the BwB

The last two I suppose is not a big deal, but Rickon and Balon Greyjoy HAVE to be addressed otherwise thats some "Lost" bullshyt

Balon was named during the fire leech scene, he's gotta die

Rickon is Rickon. They can't just drop his character? Can They? :francis:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
this shyt got me thinking... if barriston is the one... does that mean mance is still alive?

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I have a legitimate fear that Rickon is just going to get ignored and forgotten. Balon Greyjoy too. And probably Gendry and the BwB

The last two I suppose is not a big deal, but Rickon and Balon Greyjoy HAVE to be addressed otherwise thats some "Lost" bullshyt

Balon was named during the fire leech scene, he's gotta die

Rickon is Rickon. They can't just drop his character? Can They? :francis:

I think they'll still have Davos go out and save Rickon. Sansa may end up fleeing Winterfell by the time Stannis gets there, and Theon may admit to Stannis that he never killed Bran & Rickon. It'll just play out differently from the books on why Davos is going to look for him.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Anyone peep that look LF gave Sansa in the crypts when she was like "And then he (Rhaegar) kidnapped her and raped her (Lyanna)."

LF hit her with the :usure:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
anyway, the show is completely off the rails now. it's kinda cool cause I really don't know what's gonna happen

I don't like how they make Mace Tyrell seem like such a fool. but maybe that's just part of his act

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
anyway, the show is completely off the rails now. it's kinda cool cause I really don't know what's gonna happen

I don't like how they make Mace Tyrell seem like such a fool. but maybe that's just part of his act
he wasn't a fool in the books? i remember cersei playing somebody, it wasn't him?

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

he wasn't a fool in the books? i remember cersei playing somebody, it wasn't him?

Nah, Mace is still a dumb ass but I think maybe they OD on it for the show. I think it's peeps around Mace, like his mom, older son Wyllas(sp?), Garlan and Margaery that run House Tyrell. They also got a competent bannerman Randyll Tarly for their war council.