A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I don't think he is dead.....why would Grey Worm save him from getting his throat slit if he was dead anyway? And if they left his death up in the air at the end of the episode, why would they then show him on his funeral bed in the first clip of next week's episode?

I think he is alive, but gravely wounded. I hope:lupe:

If he is dead, well I guess that means he bites the dust in the Battle of Merreen in TWOW:sadcam:

I saw the funeral pyre in the preview and assumed it was Barriston. There were rumors floating around that a "major" character was going to die this season, and everyone assumed it was going to be Jamie in Dorne. I thought and still think Bronn is going to die in Dorne but after this episode, I think it has to be old Barry :manny:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
So they basically just confirmed the theory this episode right? It can't be a coincidence in the same episode where Stannis basically reconfirmed that it's out of character for Ned to fukk a whore that we get extensive backstory on Lyanna and Rhaegar....

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
So they basically just confirmed the theory this episode right? It can't be a coincidence in the same episode where Stannis basically reconfirmed that it's out of character for Ned to fukk a whore that we get extensive backstory on Lyanna and Rhaegar....
and the line about rhaegar kidnapping and raping hung lyanna just hung there

this is the show's chance to take this shyt to another level

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
Personally, I think they revealed R+L=J last year with Oberyn.

The talk he had with Tyrion where he was talking about the disrespect Rhaegar showed to his sister Elia by running off with Lyanna.

at 0.40.....interesting choice of words.....everybody else just says that Rhaegar kidnapped her but, the way Oberyn puts it was that they were in love and had a doomed romance that destroyed his family and the kingdom.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Littlefinger had an "is that what you think" look on his face too when Sansa said that...
i thought so too, but i may have been projecting. if that's true, i wonder how they'll explain how he'd even know about that.

i was on the edge of my seat waiting for the she-wolf story :mjcry:

edit: im stupid, baelysh obviously told everyone rhaegar was a rapist knowing hothead and honor-obsessed brandon stark would act with all of the dull political acumen of the stark family, and at least one member of the family would follow him. chaos is a ladder etc etc

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
After thinking a bit, I don't think that this confirms that Barristan will die in Meereen. It certainly makes it more likely, but we gotta accept that this is not the same story. There is no reason that he can't live to the end in the books just because he is dead on the show.

Its a different medium, it needs spice and excitement. He may not be endgame important, but he can still live longer.