A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Trying to power my way through book 5 and i swear he put the Jon chapters after Dany's on purpose. About 2 pages into a Dany chapter im like :deadrose: so i skip ahead to see who is next, when i see Jon i force my way through the Dany garbage. Then Tyrion is next :deadrose:.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Trying to power my way through book 5 and i swear he put the Jon chapters after Dany's on purpose. About 2 pages into a Dany chapter im like :deadrose: so i skip ahead to see who is next, when i see Jon i force my way through the Dany garbage. Then Tyrion is next :deadrose:.
book 5 was dope to me except for the complete lack of fulfillment with the cliffhangers. if we never get to finish this series or it turns out to be wack, book 5 will be awful in retrospect

jon especially in book 5, what dont you like about his chapters?

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
book 5 was a breeze compared to feast for crows :huhldup:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
book 5 was dope to me except for the complete lack of fulfillment with the cliffhangers. if we never get to finish this series or it turns out to be wack, book 5 will be awful in retrospect

jon especially in book 5, what dont you like about his chapters?

What i was saying is that the Dany chapters are so awful it makes me want to stop reading the book, the only reason I power through them is because I skip ahead and see a Jon chapter is next. The Jon chapters are actually good.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
What i was saying is that the Dany chapters are so awful it makes me want to stop reading the book, the only reason I power through them is because I skip ahead and see a Jon chapter is next. The Jon chapters are actually good.
yeah i feel that. we get bogged down in mereen. if there's no payoff to all that war politics shyt :francis:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I hear and see so many people say this, i feel like I'm the only person who thought feast was a great read.

during my first read thru i hated AFFC. the second time i enjoyed jamie's story as well as reading cersei's bad decisions. the greyjoy chapters took a little getting used to. when i read the 4th and 5th books as one tho it wasnt so bad. i think they need to re-release the 4th and 5th books as one honestly. thats the best way to read them.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
ollie is going to "kill" jon snow.

when jon calls the wildlings "free folk" ollie makes a face.

ollie's parents got merked by the thenns. i doubt he gonna go along with jon snow's plans.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
yeah i noticed that look too.

cool episode.

liked margery's scenes, she was throwing some slick shots at cersei. wish we coulda at least saw a titty though :noah:. she already fukkn tommen though so that maidenhood shyt i the window, i wonder what cersei gonna do now.

Sansa :upsetfavre: are you kidding me? bytch ain't learned shyt. wonder how far they gonna go, reek finna be getting her wet for ramsay? what happened to theon greyjoys though? they ain't in the season?

janos slynt was spot on. when ser Allister moved slynt was looking at him like:sadcam:

we basically got the mountain/ser Robert strong confirmation.

how many times yaw think ser jorah been with that "dany" whore? probably was:mjcry: every time.

also no jon connington?

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Feast is dope. Cersei going ham, the Dorne stuff, Victarion being a badass...I liked it breh. Can't fukk with Brienne's boring ass tho. It was cool when she met Gendry but damn, that shyt would have been way more interesting if she met the Brotherhood earlier and did some adventures with them or some shyt.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Feast is dope. Cersei going ham, the Dorne stuff, Victarion being a badass...I liked it breh. Can't fukk with Brienne's boring ass tho. It was cool when she met Gendry but damn, that shyt would have been way more interesting if she met the Brotherhood earlier and did some adventures with them or some shyt.
Just finished a re-listen of Feast, dawg. The last three Jamie chapters are :banderas: