A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Can't believe we aren't getting the Bronn/Stockworth and the Jamie/riverlands fukkery :why:

Would have been some great scenes watching Bronn elevate, sonning the older Stockworth sister. Then Cersei sending her to Qyburn to cover her involvement trying to take out Bronn. Then Bronn going :umad: while he gets sellswords for his House.

Jaime smacking dudes with his gold hand and getting ethered by Blackfish.

But instead they go to Dorne to fukk with corny badass wannabe Sand Snakes and Bronn might die for it :mjcry:

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
:smh: these stupid show writers fukking up storylines and moving too fast in others (EPs 1 -4). They got Prince Doran looking bytchmade (like he ain't willing to check the Sand snakes). The whole we gotta rescue Myrcella on some black ops shyt is dumb. Dumb Danaerys, can her annoying ass just die already?

I hope GRRM sticks to his OG storylines for books 6 & 7 and doesn't follow the show.

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
I read a theory that the "little brother" Cersei gets killed by is The Hound. For her Trial by Combat, Cersei will choose Robert Strong (The Mountain) and the Faith of the Seven will choose The Hound....who just so happens to have been seen digging graves for a church. The Hound has always said he is the only one that's allowed to kill his brother :lupe:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
:smh: these stupid show writers fukking up storylines and moving too fast in others (EPs 1 -4). They got Prince Doran looking bytchmade (like he ain't willing to check the Sand snakes). The whole we gotta rescue Myrcella on some black ops shyt is dumb. Dumb Danaerys, can her annoying ass just die already?

I hope GRRM sticks to his OG storylines for books 6 & 7 and doesn't follow the show.

He'll follow his guns. I get the impression he's not really fukking with some of these changes, but obviously can't say shyt. Last year you could definitely tell he really didn't like that rape scene the show made with Cersei and Jaime. Reporters kept asking him about it like he wrote it. He was like :what:

I just hope the next book is as classic as I believe it can be. I liked the last two books but let's be real: they were a lot of set up for things that didn't happen. Lots of mixed reviews for them too amongst fans. But this book could be like ASOS. It's like Martin spent those two books pushing a snow ball up a mountain. Now it's time to drop it down the other side and create an avalanche breh. Every story is on the cusp of big shyt popping off.

-Jon dead or dying, Nights Watch vs wildlings
-Tyrion in the middle of a war (his second TWOW chapter was dope)
-Dany bout to roast some Dothraki goons
-Jaime walking into a trap with Brienne
-Connington and Aegon about to attack Storm's End
-Stannis' army vs the Freys, with Manderlys ready to heel turn
-Davos trying to find Rickon. I wonder if his ship is the shipwrecked ship Sam saw in AFFC?
-shyt popping off in King's Landing. Yall know the Tyrells gonna blame Cersei for Kevan's death
-Arya wreckin folks. That Mercy chapter was piff
-Barristan wrecking folks. I gotta feeling he gonna die tho

so much dope shyt :whoo:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
:heh: with what? drogon?:mjlol: nikka on his charizard shyt.
tumblr_mnh1xeVwDg1reaixeo4_500.gif

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
He'll follow his guns. I get the impression he's not really fukking with some of these changes, but obviously can't say shyt. Last year you could definitely tell he really didn't like that rape scene the show made with Cersei and Jaime. Reporters kept asking him about it like he wrote it. He was like :what:

I just hope the next book is as classic as I believe it can be. I liked the last two books but let's be real: they were a lot of set up for things that didn't happen. Lots of mixed reviews for them too amongst fans. But this book could be like ASOS. It's like Martin spent those two books pushing a snow ball up a mountain. Now it's time to drop it down the other side and create an avalanche breh. Every story is on the cusp of big shyt popping off.

-Jon dead or dying, Nights Watch vs wildlings
-Tyrion in the middle of a war (his second TWOW chapter was dope)
-Jaime walking into a trap with Brienne
-Connington and Aegon about to attack Storm's End
-Stannis' army vs the Freys, with Manderlys ready to heel turn
-Davos trying to find Rickon. I wonder if his ship is the shipwrecked ship Sam saw in AFFC?
-shyt popping off in King's Landing. Yall know the Tyrells gonna blame Cersei for Kevan's death
-Arya wreckin folks. That Mercy chapter was piff
-Barristan wrecking folks. I gotta feeling he gonna die tho

so much dope shyt :whoo:

Dany aint roasting no Dothraki's bruh. She is gonna rule them

tjwettem

#StarkSet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#StarkSet
y'all really think we will ever see a dream of spring? with how long its taken for TWOW to be released, is it even likely this dude will ever finish this series?

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
y'all really think we will ever see a dream of spring? with how long its taken for TWOW to be released, is it even likely this dude will ever finish this series?

After the announcement that he is working on a sci fi show I lost all hope of he ever finishing this, wasn't gonna even watch this season of the show but decided to go ahead and keep watching, there's no way I'm not gonna get spoiled while waiting for the damn books anyway :yeshrug: