A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

The Blind Man

Illuminated Attitude Adjuster
Daps
Reppin
The Republik of Mancunia
On my phone so I'm not gonna bother going in depth, but your questions have obvious answers

The "promise" is for Ned to raise Jon in secrecy to save him from possible execution at the hands of Robert

"How could it be proved by anyone":dwillhuh: there is another person alive in Westeros who was there, not to mention a little kid that can see the past through trees

I'm not going to entertain any Preston Jacobs trash amy further. Westeros.org has all the discussion threads you need

:cape:

:dahell:

:umad:

So Ned argues with The King about Killing Dany, quits a job The King begged him to take (yeah Ned quitting over some bullshyt disagreement) dreams about The Tower, wakes up and thinks nah I'm staying.

"it made him afraid for Jon" How? He doesnt think of Jon until before he dies, on some "shoulda spent more time with the boy" father shyt.

"Bu, but Howland Reed knows aswell"

Yeah he a major player, yeah everyone is hunting for Howland to find the answers.........:camby:
Yeah Neds sweating about his son being a bloodraven and finding out the truth cos he knew that, before, his, head, got, cut, off...........:camby:

Robert is dead before Ned, exactly who is out there hunting down Targs. Who?

All the shyt that happens to Jon, when does who his parents are, put him in any kinda danger.

:pacspit: pricks like you. this is a book discussion thread, we discussing shyt. you getting all hurt like you got money riding on this shyt, no one knows so later for your bullshyt.

Reasonable questions have been asked and you sitting there like Sway.

The Blind Man

Daps
Reppin
The Republik of Mancunia
Maybe I misread the title of the thread.

Maybe there should be a subtitle to keep people from discussing things that pricks like @Adam3000 think are unworthy in a:

People have theories, best way is for people of different views to discuss them, ask question explore ideas.

Not liking an idea doesnt mean its wrong, just means you dont like it. Which is cool, its not that important,

I would love to finally read that Jon is the son of Rhaegar & Lyanna on some "OH shyt".

I'm not gonna sit there thinking Martin s wrong cos I can reverse engineer the story to fit an idea I prefer, If I was gonna do that, Ned and Robb would be alive conquering Westeros.

I actually prefer examples of how I have misinterpreted the text or blatantly missed vital points, thats how we learn isnt it.

If your gonna sit there thinking you know better but cant be fukked to say why, you don't belong in a

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
@The Blind Man is having a WOAT posting performance right now. Believing in other theories is one thing, but getting facts wrong all along the way to those beliefs is outrageous.

Everyone has noticed how every time one of his "facts" is corrected he completely ignores it, right?

If R+L=J isn't true then it's a Red Herring, because there is an avalanche of textual proof and allusions as to it being the case.

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
@The Blind Man I was once in a serious tizzy that Jon might not be Rhagod's son all because of Preston Jacob's videos. I was read to turn to crack. Maybe PCP. Possibly huffing highlighters. So I was like you in a sense. Trust me and trust @Adam3000 you really want to read the threads on westeros.org disproving Jacobs' stuff. They pretty much reduce it to a crackpot theory. Just trust us. You friends wouldn't lie to you.

The Blind Man

Daps
Reppin
The Republik of Mancunia
@The Blind Man is having a WOAT posting performance right now. Believing in other theories is one thing, but getting facts wrong all along the way to those beliefs is outrageous.

Everyone has noticed how every time one of his "facts" is corrected he completely ignores it, right?

If R+L=J isn't true then it's a Red Herring, because there is an avalanche of textual proof and allusions as to it being the case.

I am not saying anything is fact just asking questions, you gonna act like you know because?? :mindblown:

I guess you predicted all the things that happened in the book right??

Avalanche of textual proof and evidence.

You all sound like some creationist up in here, got Martin on speed dial and proof reading future drafts.

Props. Thought this was a discussion thread I am as usual wrong.

Peace.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Maybe I misread the title of the thread.

Maybe there should be a subtitle to keep people from discussing things that pricks like @Adam3000 think are unworthy in a:

People have theories, best way is for people of different views to discuss them, ask question explore ideas.

Not liking an idea doesnt mean its wrong, just means you dont like it. Which is cool, its not that important,

I would love to finally read that Jon is the son of Rhaegar & Lyanna on some "OH shyt".

I'm not gonna sit there thinking Martin s wrong cos I can reverse engineer the story to fit an idea I prefer, If I was gonna do that, Ned and Robb would be alive conquering Westeros.

I actually prefer examples of how I have misinterpreted the text or blatantly missed vital points, thats how we learn isnt it.

If your gonna sit there thinking you know better but cant be fukked to say why, you don't belong in a

:royalcamby:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
I am not saying anything is fact just asking questions, you gonna act like you know because?? :mindblown:

I guess you predicted all the things that happened in the book right??

Avalanche of textual proof and evidence.

You all sound like some creationist up in here, got Martin on speed dial and proof reading future drafts.

Props. Thought this was a discussion thread I am as usual wrong.

Peace.
You're asking questions, getting answers, and then ignoring them. Bruh already explained how we know absolutely that Dany was born on Dragonstone (because her mother was taken there while pregnant and Stannis let them escape) and you're still going on about "IT'S NOT A FACT WE DON'T KNOW" yes nikka we do :heh: No one is going to have a discussion with someone who has to be told the same thing ten times and ignores them. :camby:

And you suscribe to that one dudes crackpot theories that get KILLED with facts on ASOIAF websites. Go look up his shyt on those forums and see people taking the time, citing pages, and reducing them to the nonsense that they are.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
can we get back to discussing how rhaegar targaryen is the greatest character to never be in a book?

i get it, we all wanna know who his seed might be. them kingdoms thirstin for TPTWP :blessed:

The Blind Man

Daps
Reppin
The Republik of Mancunia
@The Blind Man I was once in a serious tizzy that Jon might not be Rhagod's son all because of Preston Jacob's videos. I was read to turn to crack. Maybe PCP. Possibly huffing highlighters. So I was like you in a sense. Trust me and trust @Adam3000 you really want to read the threads on westeros.org disproving Jacobs' stuff. They pretty much reduce it to a crackpot theory. Just trust us. You friends wouldn't lie to you.

Breh it aint that serious. all I wanna know is with full blown purple eyed dragon owning Targs out there, that are not being kept secret, why is Jon being half Targ a secret, the Targs did so much fukking there are plenty people saying they got Targ blood.

Why is Ned bothered about Jon being half Targ? Only one other dude who is never in the books knows. No one is EVER gonna look at Jon, a Direwolf having hairy northern looking Stark and think, he is a Targ.

If it that obvious then say why it obvious, why deflect, I swear this is like arguing the existence of Jesus.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
can we get back to discussing how rhaegar targaryen is the greatest character to never be in a book?

i get it, we all wanna know who his seed might be. them kingdoms thirstin for TPTWP :blessed:
What makes Rhaegar so great? What did he do besides die on the Trident and embarrass Elia Martell ( I gotta say her whole name after the Viper fight) in front of the entire realm?

The Blind Man

Daps
Reppin
The Republik of Mancunia
You're asking questions, getting answers, and then ignoring them. Bruh already explained how we know absolutely that Dany was born on Dragonstone (because her mother was taken there while pregnant and Stannis let them escape) and you're still going on about "IT'S NOT A FACT WE DON'T KNOW" yes nikka we do :heh: No one is going to have a discussion with someone who has to be told the same thing ten times and ignores them. :camby:

And you suscribe to that one dudes crackpot theories that get KILLED with facts on ASOIAF websites. Go look up his shyt on those forums and see people taking the time, citing pages, and reducing them to the nonsense that they are.

more deflecting, Why is that theory so important to you Zealots.

Faith Millitant business up in here.

Who is the high sparrow up in here...

Peace.

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
Breh it aint that serious. all I wanna know is with full blown purple eyed dragon owning Targs out there, that are not being kept secret, why is Jon being half Targ a secret, the Targs did so much fukking there are plenty people saying they got Targ blood.

Why is Ned bothered about Jon being half Targ? Only one other dude who is never in the books knows. No one is EVER gonna look at Jon, a Direwolf having hairy northern looking Stark and think, he is a Targ.

If it that obvious then say why it obvious, why deflect, I swear this is like arguing the existence of Jesus.

I don't think there's plenty of people saying they have Targ blood besides Viserys, Dany and Aegon. Now some people might say they have Valryian blood, but as far as the family Targareyen then I think its just those three.

The reason Ned has to keep Jon being a Targ a secret (if he is a Targ) is for his own protection. You know what happened to Rhaenys and "Aegon", brutally killed despite being just children. And that cold hearted fukk Robert didn't care. So what might Robert do to the child of the man he hated and the woman he loved?

Further what might other people do to Jon, people who want to curry favor with Robert? Could they not make an attempt on Jon's life? Or could those with a grudge against the crown not seek to use Jon to restore the Targ dynasty. There's plenty of good reasons for Ned to keep hush-hush about Jon's parentage if he's a Targ. There's like no good reason to tell anyone he's Rhaegar's son.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
more deflecting, Why is that theory so important to you Zealots.

Faith Millitant business up in here.

Who is the high sparrow up in here...

Peace.
What's being deflected? It's canon that Dany was born on Dragonstone during a terrible storm, hence the name Daenerys Stormborn but for some reason you want to believe that isn't true.

Let me ask you this.....why do you think Viserys would lie about where she was born at?