A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
people talk about how stannis is so much better in the books, but i really like him on screen much more than on the page.
What I like is how nice Stannis is to little Shireen when you compare him to Selyese. Selyese (sp?) is like a Steve Wilkos throw a chair kick her off the stage level of bad mother.

I really like the actor who portrays Stannins same for Roose. What I like about Roose is the way he'll say things that are actually really mean and cutting as if he's just making a casual observation about the weather. Its a good way to translate his cold indifferent book personality onto the screen.

Stannis stans who only watch the show should be reminded throughout the season that that oblivious goofball Mace Tyrell had their hero holed up in his castle eating glue from books during the Rebellion.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
What I like is how nice Stannis is to little Shireen when you compare him to Selyese. Selyese (sp?) is like a Steve Wilkos throw a chair kick her off the stage level of bad mother.

I really like the actor who portrays Stannins same for Roose. What I like about Roose is the way he'll say things that are actually really mean and cutting as if he's just making a casual observation about the weather. Its a good way to translate his cold indifferent book personality onto the screen.

Stannis stans who only watch the show should be reminded throughout the season that that oblivious goofball Mace Tyrell had their hero holed up in his castle eating glue from books during the Rebellion.
:mjlol: can you imagine sitting out a siege with stannis? god if selyse were allowed to talk, i'd probably have just pledged fealty to aerys right there. take me to highgarden where i can pawg and eat peaches all day :win:

and patchface would make it so much worse oh oh oh i know i know i know

moon boy on the other hand :lawd: GOAT fool. his work in maegor's holdfast during the battle of blackwater bay was legendary

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
GRRM food descriptions make me hungry as hell. Part of me thinks that he's doing it on purpose because when winter comes, everyone in the books will be starving and we'll all been remembering those huge ass feasts that used to be the norm.

Either way, I'm going out right now to find some lemon cakes for breakfast.
I've gotten to the point where I just skip a few pages once he gets into his food fantasies. Although he makes the food sound good as hell its just too much and doesn't add any value to the sorry.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I've gotten to the point where I just skip a few pages once he gets into his food fantasies. Although he makes the food sound good as hell its just too much and doesn't add any value to the sorry.

i noticed he does the same with clothes too. i used to always skip the clothing description a little bit but now that im listening on audio i cant help it. dude goes in on the clothing.

"a crimson velvet doublet with gold buttons and a golden lion with jade in its eyes" lol

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
i noticed he does the same with clothes too. i used to always skip the clothing description a little bit but now that im listening on audio i cant help it. dude goes in on the clothing.

"a crimson velvet doublet with gold buttons and a golden lion with jade in its eyes" lol

Those gowns made of the most expensive silk fringed with delicate Myrish lace that every single highborn lady in this story owns tho:wow:

Jards

All Star
Daps
After watching eps 1 - 4 you're pretty much fukking yourself if you haven't read the books. There's so many references to back story like Roberts rebellion and the targ conquest that you're missing half the story if you don't know any of that shyt. It's as important as the stuff were currently seeing

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
After watching eps 1 - 4 you're pretty much fukking yourself if you haven't read the books. There's so many references to back story like Roberts rebellion and the targ conquest that you're missing half the story if you don't know any of that shyt. It's as important as the stuff were currently seeing

there's a few :krs: moments but I don't wanna mention it in here for the brehs who want to be surprised by the show

Jards

All Star
Daps
Yeah it looks like season 5 is going to be majorly different from the books and they're moving quite quickly which is cool with me because it's gonna be cool to go into a few plot points blind and truth be told, feast for crows was so bloated and pretty boring to me

The Blind Man

Illuminated Attitude Adjuster
Daps
Reppin
The Republik of Mancunia
Have you all read the Mercy/Arya chapter from Winds Of Winter that was released a while back. Had Arya on some :shaq:shyt. Also Arya had a "face" on and was playing a part in a mummers play which was satire on the "War of The 5 Kings", it looks like it was written a few years ago but could be more recent, and read to me and like GRRM was taking shots at the show.

The Blind Man

Illuminated Attitude Adjuster
Daps
Reppin
The Republik of Mancunia
Another thing, I was converted to the Rhaegar - Lyanna - Jon scenerio, which has long been a fan theory, I've always suspected it was too easy tho and expected GRRM to throw a curve in there.

Well my homie put me on game, Its been a long time since I read the source material and I've forgotten so much of the details easily glossed over when enthralled with all the major shyt that goes on. But she hit me with some shyt that seems plausible and can either be backed up by the source or ambiguous at best and some of these theories have made me go back to the drawing board.

Could Rhaegar and Lyanna have fathered Dany? And could Jon have been fathered by Brandon/Ned & Ashara Dayne from Dorne. This would give both Jon and Dany the much lauded Fire and Ice Lineage.

We know Ashara Dayne was fine as fukk, even put Rhaegars dornish wife to shame and had Barrington "broader than broadway" Selmy simped up. She danced with both Stark brothers at the tourney She was "dishonored" at the infamous Harrenhal tourney and someone put a seed in her. Selmy believes she gave birth to a still born girl and committed suicide.
This was before Ned was wed to Catelyn so couldnt have dishonored wifey thus keeping his honor intact. If it was his bro, who was promised to Cat, but was killed in the rebellion, did he protect his big bros honor and claim Jon. Or was it some Maury shyt. both Stark bros laid the pipe and know one knows who the daddy is.....

The theory isnt solid but there are truths in there, No way could Ned have known Lyannas baby was gonna look like a Stark to pass "it" off as his own, he couldnt rock up at Winterfell with some platinum haired purple eyed baby. How he got Dany out of there is of course like much of this a mystery but we got Wargs and Dragons so theres alot of things possible plus Danys history is a mess with contradictions and memories that dont add up, her having memories growing up in Bravos but memories of surroundings and a lemon tree, that Bravos doesnt have.

Just saying...

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
This is even funnier when I picture the actors on the show and see Mace silly looking ass got Stannis holed up eating rats and onions

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Another thing, I was converted to the Rhaegar - Lyanna - Jon scenerio, which has long been a fan theory, I've always suspected it was too easy tho and expected GRRM to throw a curve in there.

Well my homie put me on game, Its been a long time since I read the source material and I've forgotten so much of the details easily glossed over when enthralled with all the major shyt that goes on. But she hit me with some shyt that seems plausible and can either be backed up by the source or ambiguous at best and some of these theories have made me go back to the drawing board.

Could Rhaegar and Lyanna have fathered Dany? And could Jon have been fathered by Brandon/Ned & Ashara Dayne from Dorne. This would give both Jon and Dany the much lauded Fire and Ice Lineage.

We know Ashara Dayne was fine as fukk, even put Rhaegars dornish wife to shame and had Barrington "broader than broadway" Selmy simped up. She danced with both Stark brothers at the tourney She was "dishonored" at the infamous Harrenhal tourney and someone put a seed in her. Selmy believes she gave birth to a still born girl and committed suicide.
This was before Ned was wed to Catelyn so couldnt have dishonored wifey thus keeping his honor intact. If it was his bro, who was promised to Cat, but was killed in the rebellion, did he protect his big bros honor and claim Jon. Or was it some Maury shyt. both Stark bros laid the pipe and know one knows who the daddy is.....

The theory isnt solid but there are truths in there, No way could Ned have known Lyannas baby was gonna look like a Stark to pass "it" off as his own, he couldnt rock up at Winterfell with some platinum haired purple eyed baby. How he got Dany out of there is of course like much of this a mystery but we got Wargs and Dragons so theres alot of things possible plus Danys history is a mess with contradictions and memories that dont add up, her having memories growing up in Bravos but memories of surroundings and a lemon tree, that Bravos doesnt have.

Just saying...

thats the only other theory about jon's parentage that has at least a chance at being the truth. im still like 99.9% sure jon is rhaegar and lyanna's kid because of the house if the undying prophecy of a "blue rose growing at the wall".

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
thats the only other theory about jon's parentage that has at least a chance at being the truth. im still like 99.9% sure jon is rhaegar and lyanna's kid because of the house if the undying prophecy of a "blue rose growing at the wall".

in addition to Melisandre's musings about him and how she looks at him in the book to...based off her we can see that Stannis might have only been a means for her to get to Jon who is the true Azor Ahai.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
in addition to Melisandre's musings about him and how she looks at him in the book to...based off her we can see that Stannis might have only been a means for her to get to Jon who is the true Azor Ahai.

yea there are just too many signs of r+l=j to really think anything else could be true. it would be crazy if it was something different but doubt it.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Yeah, I don't think we can blame Robert for the way Stannis turned out. Sometimes siblings are just a$$holes to each other. If all three decided to compromise, put the petty shyt aside and help each other they'd be unstoppable.

Either way fukk STANNIS

Renly who was supposedly the biggest fool of the Baratheons at least tried to throw Ned Stark a bone. He even tried help to Robb Stark. Where was Stannis during all that? :beli: Ned is in KL hopping on that L train, and Stannis out there just gritting his teeth in Dragonstone listening to the guesses of a witch. Stark stans who support this nikka should be ashamed of themselves.

Stannis lucky Davos is a masochist. :scust: Wanna chop a nikkas fingers off after he fed you and your crew, gonna throw a nikka in jail because he saved a kid from being burned, don't wanna fukk your wife but fukk a witch to kill your younger brother...

:salute: