Just finished reading A Storm of Swords :wow:
Joffrey's death was so much more brutal than the show :wow:
And Oberyn, why didn't he watch The Incredibles :to:

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
So, was that really Mance or was it Rattleshirt? Seems like it was Mance to me :francis:

Theories are that they're just going to have Tormund take over Mance's duties from the books
I was waiting for Mance to start saying some of the stuff he said while getting burned in the book. I mean he did look scared shytless, but hell anybody would in that situation.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Show has reaaally went on his own path as many expected. The wait for ep.5 (or 7 if more get leaked) is gonna be a pain in the ass but I'm glad I watched the 4 at once. It took a while for me get really invested in this season, but once it got going,... :wow:

Haven't read this thread in a long while, no new rumors for when the old fukk is gonna feed us a new book? :sadcam:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Y'all are delusional. So Stannis gets shyt on pretty consistently by Robert, and still always does the right thing (Don't blame Robert fully, he was once great, granted he got more than enough help from Ned and Stannis, and he was in his cups all the time), dude even disrespected his wedding bed, and what was Stannis supposed to do? Stay there in KL and have these abominations poison him too? Stannis was like "I tried to help you, time and time again, and you shat on me" and peaced, who can blame him? Robert didn't want to know the truth, he wanted to hawk, hunt, and whore for the rest of his days, and didn't want to be bothered. Even Ned knew who the rightful king was, but y'all don't hear me though.
Another thing, Ned saw everything go down, and even though he made a heart hearted attempt to seize power by putting his trust in Littlefinger (something that Stannis wouldn't do), he was gonna run to take the black (don't want to hear that they had his kids hostage, Stannis was shrewd enough not to put himself in that situation, so miss me with all the other what ifs).
As far as Mel goes, this is something me and the wife argue about. I don't want to believe he trusts her fully, but he is practical, and him being agnostic since his parents died, he is only going with what is in front of him. She has backed up everything thus far that she told him would transpire, so being practical, he is like "makes sense" :manny:. I believe he regrets the shadow baby stuff, as much as I didn't like those things being in his arc, but I guess Grrm was like "we have to give this guy a flaw" because that is his style. Other than the shadow babies, he aint disrespected himself at all.
Renly deserved to die, just wish he didn't die in a way that would implicate Stannis.

stannis is a sensitive ass dude tho. robert obviously gave him dragonstone to name him his heir and because he needed a real man out there. admittedly, robert probably should have moved stannis back to storm's end once joffrey was born but he didnt. stannis always been a petty emotional sensitive dude which is why he has so few people loyal to him. if he was anything like his brothers, the lords from storm's end would have told renly to slow down on that king talk and jumped on team stannis, but they were happy as fukk to hear that renly declared himself king because everybody HATED stannis. maester cressen described just how bitter and petty this guy has been since he was a baby, so u cant blame him being the way he is on robert. robert probably treated him like shyt BECAUSE he was so petty.

i wouldnt want stannis as king at all :scust: dude gonna want to outlaw fun in general. "no smiling in my kingdom" lol

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
people talk about how stannis is so much better in the books, but i really like him on screen much more than on the page.

i assumed they were switching rattleshirt out for tormund, since they criminally deprived us of the GOAT wildling Tormund Giantsbane already. might as well burn him. killing the real Mance at this point would piss me off

btw this is my first season having read the books and reading the realtime commentary of show-only fans is :francis:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
btw this is my first season having read the books and reading the realtime commentary of show-only fans is :francis:

I honestly get more annoyed with the book readers who have the expectation that the show has to mirror the books exactly. It's obvious that it's not feasible with an hour show and limited budget. But it seems like people don't realize this, or aren't willing to realize it :francis:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I honestly get more annoyed with the book readers who have the expectation that the show has to mirror the books exactly. It's obvious that it's not feasible with an hour show and limited budget. But it seems like people don't realize this, or aren't willing to realize it :francis:
i dont have those expectations, and i like that the path diverges

just reading shyt like "i have the feeling they're training arya to be an assassin :patrice: " after the most recent episode, which can obviously be gleaned without reading one page of the books is :snoop:

basically im an elitist prick for this here ASOIAF :wow:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
stannis is a sensitive ass dude tho. robert obviously gave him dragonstone to name him his heir and because he needed a real man out there. admittedly, robert probably should have moved stannis back to storm's end once joffrey was born but he didnt. stannis always been a petty emotional sensitive dude which is why he has so few people loyal to him. if he was anything like his brothers, the lords from storm's end would have told renly to slow down on that king talk and jumped on team stannis, but they were happy as fukk to hear that renly declared himself king because everybody HATED stannis. maester cressen described just how bitter and petty this guy has been since he was a baby, so u cant blame him being the way he is on robert. robert probably treated him like shyt BECAUSE he was so petty.

i wouldnt want stannis as king at all :scust: dude gonna want to outlaw fun in general. "no smiling in my kingdom" lol

Yeah, I don't think we can blame Robert for the way Stannis turned out. Sometimes siblings are just a$$holes to each other. If all three decided to compromise, put the petty shyt aside and help each other they'd be unstoppable.

Either way fukk STANNIS

Renly who was supposedly the biggest fool of the Baratheons at least tried to throw Ned Stark a bone. He even tried help to Robb Stark. Where was Stannis during all that? :beli: Ned is in KL hopping on that L train, and Stannis out there just gritting his teeth in Dragonstone listening to the guesses of a witch. Stark stans who support this nikka should be ashamed of themselves.

Stannis lucky Davos is a masochist. :scust: Wanna chop a nikkas fingers off after he fed you and your crew, gonna throw a nikka in jail because he saved a kid from being burned, don't wanna fukk your wife but fukk a witch to kill your younger brother...

Last edited: