A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

Kingsquard a probably gassed people up on Rhaegar. I bet all the dude Rhaegar faced in that one tourney he won jobbed.

Robert and Stannis were still young, and as far as I remember - Robert didn't really start being an a$$hole to Stannis until after he won the crown.

To be honest, Stannis has every reason to be pissed off. Stannis held off the Tyrells at Storm's End, won Dragonstone for Robert and smashed the Greyjoy Rebellion. Without Stannis, Robert really ain't shyt. What does Robert do to reward his brother? bytch ass Robert gives sword swallower Renly, who didn't do shyt, Storm's End. He gave Stannis :flabbynsick: ass Dragonstone. bytch ass Robert blamed Stannis for Viserys and Dany getting away too. Stannis was the one who figured out Cersei's kids weren't actually Robert's kids. He knew he couldn't go to Robert because Robert wouldn't believe him, so he went to Jon Arryn instead.

Renly was the biggest a$$hole out of the three brothers. He had absolutely no claim to the throne over Stannis. This entitled mufukka tried to leapfrog Stannis for no absolute reason. If Renly just listened to Ned & later Catelyn, he would've probably been Stannis's hand and eventually king since Stannis didn't have a male heir. But instead Renly decided to be a dikkhead and got sonned for it :ufdup:

Things were already sour between Robert and Stannis. I take it Robert never really got to chill with Stannis because he was always :leostare::beli: It may have been meant as a slight but placing him in Dragonstone was probably also a good move since that area had Targaryen loyalists that needed sorting out and it also acknowledged him as succcessor (when you look at how Targs did it).

Also Renly listening to Catelyn would have been bad for him because no way in hell was Stannis gonna make Renly King's Hand over Davos. shyt would have just deaded his campaign and only thing he have kept was maybe Lord of Storm's End. Renly was an entitled a$$hole fool but he had a big ass army and a net of notable figures to protect him which is why Stannis had to resort to voodoo to take him out. With the circle Renly had he would have made a great peace time King. Remember Sir Cortnay Penrose? The man ETHERED the fukk out of Stannis when he tried to take Storm's End. Who made him castellan?

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Robert and Stannis were still young, and as far as I remember - Robert didn't really start being an a$$hole to Stannis until after he won the crown.

To be honest, Stannis has every reason to be pissed off. Stannis held off the Tyrells at Storm's End, won Dragonstone for Robert and smashed the Greyjoy Rebellion. Without Stannis, Robert really ain't shyt. What does Robert do to reward his brother? bytch ass Robert gives sword swallower Renly, who didn't do shyt, Storm's End. He gave Stannis :flabbynsick: ass Dragonstone. bytch ass Robert blamed Stannis for Viserys and Dany getting away too. Stannis was the one who figured out Cersei's kids weren't actually Robert's kids. He knew he couldn't go to Robert because Robert wouldn't believe him, so he went to Jon Arryn instead.

Renly was the biggest a$$hole out of the three brothers. He had absolutely no claim to the throne over Stannis. This entitled mufukka tried to leapfrog Stannis for no absolute reason. If Renly just listened to Ned & later Catelyn, he would've probably been Stannis's hand and eventually king since Stannis didn't have a male heir. But instead Renly decided to be a dikkhead and got sonned for it :ufdup:

:francis:so get jon arryn killed, then flee without telling your Bros what happened because you hold a grudge. fukk this guy. i think that red bytch is playing him too.

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
All you needed to say, breh. The trident will tell the rest of the story, what happened when your man met that war hammer of god? :lupe::banderas::umad:
Rhaegar had them tendencies. Could have been a real one, but decided to sulk for most his life and then when he finally decided he was gonna be on one, and tried to shoot the 5 with Robert, he ended up face down in the water. At least Stannis ain't scurred to fight, the only time that Rhaegar ever even went to war he got his chest caved in by the fury. He couldn't even prevent his wife from getting raped and his children from getting murdered. Play that sad song on your harp, homey.
I swear to god if I ever catch you loitering outside the 7-11 near my house I will fukking obliterate your dikk with my parasol.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
:francis:so get jon arryn killed, then flee without telling your Bros what happened because you hold a grudge. fukk this guy. i think that red bytch is playing him too.

I think Stannis left KL's before Jon Arryn got killed. They definitely underestimated Cersei's crazy ass :manny:

He didn't tell Robert because Robert's stupid ass wouldn't listen. He knew Robert would call him a liar, and think he was conspiring against him because if those children aren't Robert's children - that makes Stannis the rightful heir to the throne. If anything, Stannis should've tried to make peace with Renly early in the process but Renly's bytchass would've probably snitched to Robert.

I don't think Melisandre is playing him. I think she doesn't know what she's seeing in the fires, and she's making stupid guesses :manny:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I think Stannis left KL's before Jon Arryn got killed. They definitely underestimated Cersei's crazy ass :manny:

He didn't tell Robert because Robert's stupid ass wouldn't listen. He knew Robert would call him a liar, and think he was conspiring against him because if those children aren't Robert's children - that makes Stannis the rightful heir to the throne. If anything, Stannis should've tried to make peace with Renly early in the process but Renly's bytchass would've probably snitched to Robert.

I don't think Melisandre is playing him. I think she doesn't know what she's seeing in the fires, and she's making stupid guesses :manny:

He left after and it was Lysa Arryn that killed Jon Arryn under Littlefinger's guidance.

When Jon Arryn gets bodied, Stannis comes up to Robert and asks to be made King's Hand.

Robert hit it him with the :stopitslime:

Stannis gets mad and leaves KL because he doesn't have any clout in KL Court. He could have gone to Varys or Renly. Both of them had anti-Lannister plans at the time but this was much more obvious for Ned Stark who royally fukked that up :snoop:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
He left after and it was Lysa Arryn that killed Jon Arryn under Littlefinger's guidance.

When Jon Arryn gets bodied, Stannis comes up to Robert and asks to be made King's Hand.

Robert hit it him with the :stopitslime:

Stannis gets mad and leaves KL because he doesn't have any clout in KL Court. He could have gone to Varys or Renly. Both of them had anti-Lannister plans at the time but this was much more obvious for Ned Stark who royally fukked that up :snoop:

Props. Been too long since I read book 1, forgot the details :pachaha:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
yo idk why it had never occurred to me that stannis was a fakkit for abandoning robert after jon arryn died. he was master of fukking ships and his rightful place was on the small council. he could have done SO much more if he had stayed in KL with ned. they could have investigated together and he could have added more men. plus the fact his castle was dragonstone which is right there. dude just up and ran and abandoned his blood.

i think stannis may not be so righteous after all. maybe as soon as he found out the kids werent robert's, he got mad hyped to be the heir. then when he saw jon arryn get killed, he was probably like "ima let robert get killed and then stake my claim. fukk that nikka"

bitter ass dude :scust:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Stannis threw a bytch fit cause he wasn't made the hand.

What's fukked up is if he didn't leave Ned would've made him king.

between ned's men and stannis' men they could have handled the gold cloaks and lannister men. plus barristan wanted to respect robert's last wishes so he could have kept the kingsguard out of it. littlefinger would have been less bold too i think.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
stannis fukked up listening to melisandre when it came to renly. im not saying he should have bowed to renly, but if he wanted to kill him anyway, the smart move would have been to let renly go ahead and fight the lannisters anyway and keep his ass at dragonstone. he could have sent the shadow baby to kill him on the iron throne instead of his tent.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Y'all are delusional. So Stannis gets shyt on pretty consistently by Robert, and still always does the right thing (Don't blame Robert fully, he was once great, granted he got more than enough help from Ned and Stannis, and he was in his cups all the time), dude even disrespected his wedding bed, and what was Stannis supposed to do? Stay there in KL and have these abominations poison him too? Stannis was like "I tried to help you, time and time again, and you shat on me" and peaced, who can blame him? Robert didn't want to know the truth, he wanted to hawk, hunt, and whore for the rest of his days, and didn't want to be bothered. Even Ned knew who the rightful king was, but y'all don't hear me though.
Another thing, Ned saw everything go down, and even though he made a heart hearted attempt to seize power by putting his trust in Littlefinger (something that Stannis wouldn't do), he was gonna run to take the black (don't want to hear that they had his kids hostage, Stannis was shrewd enough not to put himself in that situation, so miss me with all the other what ifs).
As far as Mel goes, this is something me and the wife argue about. I don't want to believe he trusts her fully, but he is practical, and him being agnostic since his parents died, he is only going with what is in front of him. She has backed up everything thus far that she told him would transpire, so being practical, he is like "makes sense" :manny:. I believe he regrets the shadow baby stuff, as much as I didn't like those things being in his arc, but I guess Grrm was like "we have to give this guy a flaw" because that is his style. Other than the shadow babies, he aint disrespected himself at all.
Renly deserved to die, just wish he didn't die in a way that would implicate Stannis.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Y'all are delusional. So Stannis gets shyt on pretty consistently by Robert, and still always does the right thing (Don't blame Robert fully, he was once great, granted he got more than enough help from Ned and Stannis, and he was in his cups all the time), dude even disrespected his wedding bed, and what was Stannis supposed to do? Stay there in KL and have these abominations poison him too? Stannis was like "I tried to help you, time and time again, and you shat on me" and peaced, who can blame him? Robert didn't want to know the truth, he wanted to hawk, hunt, and whore for the rest of his days, and didn't want to be bothered. Even Ned knew who the rightful king was, but y'all don't hear me though.
Another thing, Ned saw everything go down, and even though he made a heart hearted attempt to seize power by putting his trust in Littlefinger (something that Stannis wouldn't do), he was gonna run to take the black (don't want to hear that they had his kids hostage, Stannis was shrewd enough not to put himself in that situation, so miss me with all the other what ifs).
As far as Mel goes, this is something me and the wife argue about. I don't want to believe he trusts her fully, but he is practical, and him being agnostic since his parents died, he is only going with what is in front of him. She has backed up everything thus far that she told him would transpire, so being practical, he is like "makes sense" :manny:. I believe he regrets the shadow baby stuff, as much as I didn't like those things being in his arc, but I guess Grrm was like "we have to give this guy a flaw" because that is his style. Other than the shadow babies, he aint disrespected himself at all.
Renly deserved to die, just wish he didn't die in a way that would implicate Stannis.
blah blah blah breh

needs more rhaegar :ufdup:

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
glad everyone is realizing that this iron core of stannis is just a front and he's extremely self-deluded

otherwise i'd have to break out the parasols on everyone :birdman:
This sweet boy @fact real name is @lies and he's talking himself into a beatdown with our ruby-studded parasols. I got nikkas doing 25-life for this ASOIAF shyt, fact, do not fukk with me and mines on any level, you rat fink!