A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
All you needed to say, breh. The trident will tell the rest of the story, what happened when your man met that war hammer of god? :lupe::banderas::umad:
Rhaegar had them tendencies. Could have been a real one, but decided to sulk for most his life and then when he finally decided he was gonna be on one, and tried to shoot the 5 with Robert, he ended up face down in the water. At least Stannis ain't scurred to fight, the only time that Rhaegar ever even went to war he got his chest caved in by the fury. He couldn't even prevent his wife from getting raped and his children from getting murdered. Play that sad song on your harp, homey.
:ohlawd: when this obscure fan theory im holding onto for dear life comes true im gonna quote the fukk out of this post

see you in 2024 :banderas:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Y'all left yourselves. If it wasn't for Stannis being the most just dude in the realm, Lord Davos the hand would just be Davos from Flea Bottom. Stannis took them fingers for Davos living that smugglers life, and rose my man for coming through with them onions. Don't forget, Stannis does not have time for all these high born fools, trying to curry favor, he needs that down to earth shyt that Davos is spitting, and he listens to reason. Everybody wanna talk about Stannis will break before he bends, but he has proven time and time again that he is reasonable and practical.
He is our true and just king, and y'all following all the usurpers will get your due.

rereading it, i lost all respect for stannis. dude knew what the hell was going on and just skated for dragonstone. didn't tell anybody. he let big bro die, let Ned die, killed lil bro, then tried to kill his nephew. :scust: stannis a scumbag bruh.

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
rereading it, i lost all respect for stannis. dude knew what the hell was going on and just skated for dragonstone. didn't tell anybody. he let lil bro die, let Ned die, killed lil lil bro, then tried to kill his nephew. :scust: stannis a scumbag bruh.

I found it odd that a dude all about justice like Stannis turned on the Mad King for his older brother, STARVED for that same brother but then leaves him in KL with all dem schemers because he was rejected for King's Hand? :dwillhuh: I've said this before that it would have made much more sense if he left KL court for his safety but Ned found out it was because dude was just salty. :mindblown: :skip:

Breh, must have known honorable Ned Stark was surrounded by some vile shyt but doesn't shoot a warning or try to contact breh? I would ride for Stannis if it weren't for Melisandre, the voodoo shyt, his lack of tact and diplomacy. :why:

Stannis may think the ends justify the means but some of the shyt happening in his camp come off straight demonic. I don't give a fukk what anybody says, burning people to get the one up on the future is :whoa: to me.

Last edited:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
And she's terrible at her job. struggle ass red priestess, bytch be reading the flames like :patrice: and guessing.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
the only time that Rhaegar ever even went to war he got his chest caved in by the fury. He couldn't even prevent his wife from getting raped and his children from getting murdered. Play that sad song on your harp, homey.

:huhldup::huhldup::huhldup:

:ohlawd: when this obscure fan theory im holding onto for dear life comes true im gonna quote the fukk out of this post

see you in 2024 :banderas:

Let it go bruh. Its over. Its canon.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/Asshai.com_Forum_Chat

[What happened to Rhaegar's body?]

Rhaegar was cremated, as is traditional for fallen Targaryens.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I found it odd that a dude all about justice like Stannis turned on the Mad King for his older brother, STARVED for that same brother but then leaves him in KL with all dem schemers because he was rejected for King's Hand? :dwillhuh: I've said this before that it would have made much more sense if he left KL court for his safety but Ned found out it was because dude was just salty. :mindblown: :skip:

Breh, must have known honorable Ned Stark was surrounded by some vile shyt but doesn't shoot a warning or try to contact breh? I would ride for Stannis if it weren't for Melisandre, the voodoo shyt, his lack of tact and diplomacy. :why:

Stannis may think the ends justify the means but some of the shyt happening in his camp come off straight demonic. I don't give a fukk what anybody says, burning people to get the one up on the future is :whoa: to me.

Robert and Stannis were still young, and as far as I remember - Robert didn't really start being an a$$hole to Stannis until after he won the crown.

To be honest, Stannis has every reason to be pissed off. Stannis held off the Tyrells at Storm's End, won Dragonstone for Robert and smashed the Greyjoy Rebellion. Without Stannis, Robert really ain't shyt. What does Robert do to reward his brother? bytch ass Robert gives sword swallower Renly, who didn't do shyt, Storm's End. He gave Stannis :flabbynsick: ass Dragonstone. bytch ass Robert blamed Stannis for Viserys and Dany getting away too. Stannis was the one who figured out Cersei's kids weren't actually Robert's kids. He knew he couldn't go to Robert because Robert wouldn't believe him, so he went to Jon Arryn instead.

Renly was the biggest a$$hole out of the three brothers. He had absolutely no claim to the throne over Stannis. This entitled mufukka tried to leapfrog Stannis for no absolute reason. If Renly just listened to Ned & later Catelyn, he would've probably been Stannis's hand and eventually king since Stannis didn't have a male heir. But instead Renly decided to be a dikkhead and got sonned for it :ufdup:

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Robert and Stannis were still young, and as far as I remember - Robert didn't really start being an a$$hole to Stannis until after he won the crown.

To be honest, Stannis has every reason to be pissed off. Stannis held off the Tyrells at Storm's End, won Dragonstone for Robert and smashed the Greyjoy Rebellion. Without Stannis, Robert really ain't shyt. What does Robert do to reward his brother? bytch ass Robert gives sword swallower Renly, who didn't do shyt, Storm's End. He gave Stannis :flabbynsick: ass Dragonstone. bytch ass Robert blamed Stannis for Viserys and Dany getting away too. Stannis was the one who figured out Cersei's kids weren't actually Robert's kids. He knew he couldn't go to Robert because Robert wouldn't believe him, so he went to Jon Arryn instead.

Renly was the biggest a$$hole out of the three brothers. He had absolutely no claim to the throne over Stannis. This entitled mufukka tried to leapfrog Stannis for no absolute reason. If Renly just listened to Ned & later Catelyn, he would've probably been Stannis's hand and eventually king since Stannis didn't have a male heir. But instead Renly decided to be a dikkhead and got sonned for it :ufdup:

Not to be in feelings because Stannis wouldn't abide it, but once his father died he needed a father figure, and Robert should have been that for him, but instead treated him like shyt. He just wanted approval, so since he never got it, he found it within himself and the laws of Westoros.
The only time he ever really made an emotional choice was when he chose his brother over his King, something he still thinks about, but if he can justify it in his own moral compass, then we ride with him.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Not to be in feelings because Stannis wouldn't abide it, but once his father died he needed a father figure, and Robert should have been that for him, but instead treated him like shyt. He just wanted approval, so since he never got it, he found it within himself and the laws of Westoros.
The only time he ever really made an emotional choice was when he chose his brother over his King, something he still thinks about, but if he can justify it in his own moral compass, then we ride with him.

Robert was only like 2-3 years older than Stannis, breh. Robert had the benefit of being raised by Jon Arryn. If Stannis had that upbringing, who knows how he would've ended up.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Robert was only like 2-3 years older than Stannis, breh. Robert had the benefit of being raised by Jon Arryn. If Stannis had that upbringing, who knows how he would've ended up.
I know that, but from the text, Stannis was looking for that fatherly approval from Robert. Stannis is a tragic character, but the way that he turned out is pretty fukking dope. Do I personally think that Grrm is gonna have him win the game? no, but I think he is the most deserving of a fair and noble arc

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I know that, but from the text, Stannis was looking for that fatherly approval from Robert. Stannis is a tragic character, but the way that he turned out is pretty fukking dope. Do I personally think that Grrm is gonna have him win the game? no, but I think he is the most deserving of a fair and noble arc

I agree. I think Stannis will end up making a positive impact on the final storyline, and will die a hero's death. Because low key, Stannis is one of the most bad ass characters in the story.

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
All that aside, Stannis has been cool since AGOT when every character that I considered an a$$hole hated him. None of those scandalous lords wanted Stannis stepping in to shut down the dirty games and you already know he was gunning for everyone he had been stuck with on that small council. Bye Varys. No more brothels Littlefinger. The teeth he must've grinded while he had to sit there listening to them bankrupt the realm for all those years. :pachaha:

I see Stannis as the guy in my old office that was kind of a dikk but low-key did all the work for years, then he finally got promoted and was able to revenge regulate things - it may have sucked for those lazy fukks that got over all those years, but the rest of us that had been legit doing our jobs got to sit back and laugh our faces off :blessed:.