A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
then somebody commented the possibility of shadrich actually kidnapping sansa and bringing her to kings landing but finding aegon there instead :whew:. then sansa seduces aegon and finds an even better person to win back the north.

:banderas:

That would be so awesome if that happened. How Dany gonna look when her nephew marries the daughter of one of the Usurper's Dogs? :wow:

Last edited:

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
yea im almost sure he recognized sansa. somebody on reddit made an interesting point about how after the battle of the blackwater, all the knights that fought against the lannisters had to swear an oath of fealty to joffrey in the throne room, right before they announced that joffrey would marry margaery instead of sansa. so there's a good chance he would have seen sansa and recognized her.

then somebody commented the possibility of shadrich actually kidnapping sansa and bringing her to kings landing but finding aegon there instead :whew:. then sansa seduces aegon and finds an even better person to win back the north.

:banderas:

or the mad mouse just gets killed trying :manny: lol

Didn't Brianne bump into Shadrich when she was searching for "a maid of ten and three"? Or am I getting him confused with one of the other many people Brianne bumped into during those wandering chapters?

And I'm not gonna lie, I really liked this chapter and the new, improved Sansa. I just wish George would've made these kids older though - one second it's all "big teats" and "little fingers" and sexual innuendo everywhere (:shaq:) and the next I'm having to ask myself to have a seat and some lemonade (:sitdown:) when I remember that I'm reading about a bunch of young teenagers.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Even though the Ser Shadrich quote had darker intentions, to me it was also a neat little reference to Dunk the Gawd

"All a hedge knight can hope for is a good meelee, unless he happens to stumble onto a bag of dragons"

Dunk loved his meelees:mjcry:

I sense a #duality here. He bumps into Sansa and then says making money is tough unless you stumble onto a bag of dragons. News about Sansa's location is worth a bag of dragons, he's been searching for her since AFFC...I think he knows who she is.
:ohhh:

I wonder if he'll try to kidnap her before LF has time to reveal his big plan (Sansa presents herself and has all the knights swear allegiance to her.)

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Didn't Brianne bump into Shadrich when she was searching for "a maid of ten and three"? Or am I getting him confused with one of the other many people Brianne bumped into during those wandering chapters?

And I'm not gonna lie, I really liked this chapter and the new, improved Sansa. I just wish George would've made these kids older though - one second it's all "big teats" and "little fingers" and sexual innuendo everywhere (:shaq:) and the next I'm having to ask myself to have a seat and some lemonade (:sitdown:) when I remember that I'm reading about a bunch of young teenagers.

yea she bumps into him and then she sneaks off one night while they asleep i think.