A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
Arya was always a more masculine female....her desires were fighting and playing rough. Sansa's desires were becoming a queen and marrying a prince charming type character.
Yeah, Arya is a prototypical tomboy who turns out to be to a less than prototypical ninja assassin, and Sansa is your typical pre-teen/teenage girl to start. I'm always surprised how people expect a girl in her early teens to act.

@beanz I thought Roose turned once Robb broke his vow to the Freys. Roose was already married to a Frey, saw how pissed the Freys were during his stay at Harrenhal, and saw a big opprtunity, and that led him to side with the Freys, the crown and turn on The Starks. I think. Maybe a more knowledgeable cat could help us.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Yeah, Arya is a prototypical tomboy who turns out to be to a less than prototypical ninja assassin, and Sansa is your typical pre-teen/teenage girl to start. I'm always surprised how people expect a girl in her early teens to act.

@beanz I thought Roose turned once Robb broke his vow to the Freys. Roose was already married to a Frey, saw how pissed the Freys were during his stay at Harrenhal, and saw a big opprtunity, and that led him to side with the Freys, the crown and turn on The Starks. I think. Maybe a more knowledgeable cat could help us.

yea u know what, im bugging with that one. i just read roose's wiki and he actually didnt turn on robb until robb betrayed the freys and vargo brought him jamie. i had the timeline fukked up in my head because i remember at some point roose does some dirtbag shyt and leaves some northment trapped on one side of the river to get fukked up by the mountain. that happens later i think.

still, fukk catelyn :pachaha:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
GRRM has been really yappy about TWOW recently

He has never talked this much about it in the past. I think it has set in that he has zero chance of finishing the books before the tv series, so he is bound and determined to at least get TWOW out before next season so fans get one more chance to read his story spoiler-free
Rumors are swirling about not seeing it until 2017:mjcry:

But they're nothing but unsubstantiated rumors at this point and I pray that they stay rumors:lupe:
Man....fukk I don't want to read this but :manny:

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
GRRM food descriptions make me hungry as hell. Part of me thinks that he's doing it on purpose because when winter comes, everyone in the books will be starving and we'll all been remembering those huge ass feasts that used to be the norm.

Either way, I'm going out right now to find some lemon cakes for breakfast.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
im so asoiaf starved that this chapter had me hyped when i finished even though nothing really happened. cool to see sansa transform tho.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Even though the Ser Shadrich quote had darker intentions, to me it was also a neat little reference to Dunk the Gawd

"All a hedge knight can hope for is a good meelee, unless he happens to stumble onto a bag of dragons"

Dunk loved his meelees:mjcry:

yea im almost sure he recognized sansa. somebody on reddit made an interesting point about how after the battle of the blackwater, all the knights that fought against the lannisters had to swear an oath of fealty to joffrey in the throne room, right before they announced that joffrey would marry margaery instead of sansa. so there's a good chance he would have seen sansa and recognized her.

then somebody commented the possibility of shadrich actually kidnapping sansa and bringing her to kings landing but finding aegon there instead :whew:. then sansa seduces aegon and finds an even better person to win back the north.

:banderas:

or the mad mouse just gets killed trying :manny: lol

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Decided i would finally read books 4 and 5 before the new season cranked up. About halfway through 4 and man, is it me or did he ramp up on the "To break her fast........" paragraphs? At this point im basically skipping all paragraphs that describe food and clothing. Really speeds up my time.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
downloaded them audio books to refresh my memory.... can't believe they got one dude doing all the characters.