A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
http://watchersonthewall.com/hbo-wa...f-thrones-new-inside-information-on-season-5/

***Contains minor season 5 spoilers***

• Lady Stoneheart does not appear in Season 5.
  • Rory McCann does not appear in Season 5, but the producers won’t confirm whether The Hound is dead or not.
  • There is some sexual tension between Jon and Melisandre, as Mel attempts to seduce Jon.
  • “Dorne” appears in the opening credits, rather than “Sunspear”.
  • Winterfell gets a makeover in the opening credits.
  • There is a character portrait of Theon with well-groomed hair and fancy clothes resembling those worn by Yohn Royce and Vance Corbray in Season 4.
  • An unnamed cast member is interviewed after just filming their death scene, after “several years” of involvement with the show. This character has not yet died in the books. The actor was surprised upon learning of the character’s death and limited screen time, as he/she has read the books and was expecting to have more material than usual to film this year.

Damn they're gonna take out my dude Barry the Bold :sadcam:

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
http://watchersonthewall.com/hbo-wa...f-thrones-new-inside-information-on-season-5/

***Contains minor season 5 spoilers***

• Lady Stoneheart does not appear in Season 5.
  • Rory McCann does not appear in Season 5, but the producers won’t confirm whether The Hound is dead or not.
  • There is some sexual tension between Jon and Melisandre, as Mel attempts to seduce Jon.
  • “Dorne” appears in the opening credits, rather than “Sunspear”.
  • Winterfell gets a makeover in the opening credits.
  • There is a character portrait of Theon with well-groomed hair and fancy clothes resembling those worn by Yohn Royce and Vance Corbray in Season 4.
  • An unnamed cast member is interviewed after just filming their death scene, after “several years” of involvement with the show. This character has not yet died in the books. The actor was surprised upon learning of the character’s death and limited screen time, as he/she has read the books and was expecting to have more material than usual to film this year.
Damn they're gonna take out my dude Barry the Bold :sadcam:
People aer saying that
Barristan might be the one to go.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

Barristan about to get that chest caved in for the books. Several years though? :patrice: It could also be Jaime who has appeared on every season so far where Barristan had a short time on the first season and missed another.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
There's a screenshot of Loras in there. Seems like LF male whore is testifying against him based on Loras' actions in the pic

Yeah I seen that

But beyond that point, with the bulk of the Ironborn plot being cut from the show that leaves Loras with seemingly no purpose left. I'm confident he is still alive in the books despite tales of his condition, but I think he will succumb to his injuries in TWOW and trigger some sort of catastrophic Mace Tyrell response

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
I just need to say that the asoiaf subreddit is made up of a bunch of fukkboy weirdos. I'm so glad for the coli where I can get updates without having to dig through a dump pile of garbage threads and stupid ass, repetitive comments.

I wouldn't even bother hitting that site ever if they didn't have a few productive nerds that get some great information before it hits anywhere else, otherwise it's a bunch of sorry ass bytches burying the possibility of any interesting thread conversation under piles of dumbshyt comments. Seriously, fukk those guys. I hope they all get hit by a stray missile. Except the aforementioned productive nerds who bring the business, those guys are cool tho. Everyone else can eat a dikk.

On Loras topic:

Yeah I seen that

But beyond that point, with the bulk of the Ironborn plot being cut from the show that leaves Loras with seemingly no purpose left. I'm confident he is still alive in the books despite tales of his condition, but I think he will succumb to his injuries in TWOW and trigger some sort of catastrophic Mace Tyrell response

I always thought those injuries were bullshyt in the book - like how Davos was dead according to all the chatter and then he popped up fine. I am stuck on the idea that Loras's "injuries" were all a part of some bigger Tyrell power move that we have yet to see come to fruition and he's just chilling somewhere, perfectly healthy and waiting for the Queen of Thornes to tell him what to do next.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Rumor is that Jorah Mormont could be the one who dies. He's appearing at Comic Con this year for the first time. It could be his farewell, similar to how Pedro was at Comic Con last year.

I think Barristan replaces the guy who ate the locusts in ADWD. That must be why he isn't in any of the Daznak Pit pictures we've seen: he ate the locusts and got sick.

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rumor is that Jorah Mormont could be the one who dies. He's appearing at Comic Con this year for the first time. It could be his farewell, similar to how Pedro was at Comic Con last year.

I think Barristan replaces the guy who ate the locusts in ADWD. That must be why he isn't in any of the Daznak Pit pictures we've seen: he ate the locusts and got sick.

Is there a list of which cast members will be at comic con this year?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I just need to say that the asoiaf subreddit is made up of a bunch of fukkboy weirdos. I'm so glad for the coli where I can get updates without having to dig through a dump pile of garbage threads and stupid ass, repetitive comments.

I wouldn't even bother hitting that site ever if they didn't have a few productive nerds that get some great information before it hits anywhere else, otherwise it's a bunch of sorry ass bytches burying the possibility of any interesting thread conversation under piles of dumbshyt comments. Seriously, fukk those guys. I hope they all get hit by a stray missile. Except the aforementioned productive nerds who bring the business, those guys are cool tho. Everyone else can eat a dikk.

On Loras topic:

I always thought those injuries were bullshyt in the book - like how Davos was dead according to all the chatter and then he popped up fine. I am stuck on the idea that Loras's "injuries" were all a part of some bigger Tyrell power move that we have yet to see come to fruition and he's just chilling somewhere, perfectly healthy and waiting for the Queen of Thornes to tell him what to do next.
Yeah, I think they are a bunch of nerds myself. I didn't like my experience. If you don't have the books like fukkin' memorized you are a dumbass or something. Relax it is a fictional story nerds.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Rumor is that Jorah Mormont could be the one who dies..

This would be terrible IMO because narratively, Jorah has one of the easiest-to-point-to resolutions. At some point, he needs to be given Longclaw by Jon. It has to happen. Preferably, while becoming a member of the Nights Watch. Or even more preferably, as the Lord Commander.

I will be very disappointed in either the book or the show or both if Jorah doesn't at minimum encounter a Longclaw wielder by the end of the series. Maybe even killed by his own family sword at the hands of Jon:krs:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
This would be terrible IMO because narratively, Jorah has one of the easiest-to-point-to resolutions. At some point, he needs to be given Longclaw by Jon. It has to happen. Preferably, while becoming a member of the Nights Watch. Or even more preferably, as the Lord Commander.

I will be very disappointed in either the book or the show or both if Jorah doesn't at minimum encounter a Longclaw wielder by the end of the series. Maybe even killed by his own family sword at the hands of Jon:krs:

imo there's no way Jorah makes it back to Westeros in the books. Too much shyt is popping off for none of those characters to die in the battle. Tyrion will survive, maybe Barristan. Victarion and Jorah will die imo.