A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I used to love reading chapters where people were trekking through the woods in the cold. George is so good at describing those feelings of being cold and hungry and tired that those chapters would always put me to sleep. Not in a bored way but I would feel the characters weariness and go to bed like "damn poor Arya :snooze:"

Reading the part where Stannis and his men are on their way to Winterfell and motherfukkers are dying left and right from the cold was crazy. Soldiers just sittin' their asses down in the snow cause they couldn't go on anymore, horses dying and being ate. shyt would seem hopeless if I was in that situation.
:pachaha: i do some kinda fan fiction in my head where i re-imagine stannis' march to winterfell as slapstick comedy, like people from south carolina being stranded in alberta canada for some fukked up blue collar job

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
:pachaha: i do some kinda fan fiction in my head where i re-imagine stannis' march to winterfell as slapstick comedy, like people from south carolina being stranded in alberta canada for some fukked up blue collar job
Lmao that's fantastic. That's exactly what it's like. The Southerners are usually the ones dying off in Stannis' camps whereas the Northerners are used to it and are like :yeshrug:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I used to love reading chapters where people were trekking through the woods in the cold. George is so good at describing those feelings of being cold and hungry and tired that those chapters would always put me to sleep. Not in a bored way but I would feel the characters weariness and go to bed like "damn poor Arya :snooze:"
George's description game is prob the best I've seen

The first Reek chapter is some of the most disturbing, uncomfortable shyt I've ever experienced

Had me like:ohhh::scust::dwillhuh::francis::why::huhldup::to::scusthov:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Lmao that's fantastic. That's exactly what it's like. The Southerners are usually the ones dying off in Stannis' camps whereas the Northerners are used to it and are like :yeshrug:
southerners bytch about the cold and the northmen hit em with "cold??"
jim-mora-playoffs-o.gif

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
George's description game is prob the best I've seen

The first Reek chapter is some of the most disturbing, uncomfortable shyt I've ever experienced

Had me like:ohhh::scust::dwillhuh::francis::why::huhldup::to::scusthov:

That Reek chapter was terrible to read the first time through. I picked up on so many things in these books right away - Jon's parents, Red Wedding, ect - but I had no idea that Reek was Theon. Even though it was talked about all through the story, I didn't put 2 and 2 together. I almost had to put the book down when I figured it out. shyt was horrific and traumatizing. :damn:

If we're going to talk about descriptions though, those GRRM descriptions of fancy ass buffets and late night cheese and wine suppers will have me eating every time. Lemoncakes :ohlawd:. Everything roasted with honey and peppers :ahh:. Summerwine :blessed:. Joffery's wedding was the worst, I had to go pick up a roasted chicken and sides from the grocery story after reading about all those courses of delicious sounding food. No wonder GRRM weighs 600 lbs, he's obviously got a heavy food fetish.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
That Reek chapter was terrible to read the first time through. I picked up on so many things in these books right away - Jon's parents, Red Wedding, ect - but I had no idea that Reek was Theon. Even though it was talked about all through the story, I didn't put 2 and 2 together. I almost had to put the book down when I figured it out. shyt was horrific and traumatizing. :damn:

If we're going to talk about descriptions though, those GRRM descriptions of fancy ass buffets and late night cheese and wine suppers will have me eating every time. Lemoncakes :ohlawd:. Everything roasted with honey and peppers :ahh:. Summerwine :blessed:. Joffery's wedding was the worst, I had to go pick up a roasted chicken and sides from the grocery story after reading about all those courses of delicious sounding food. No wonder GRRM weighs 600 lbs, he's obviously got a heavy food fetish.

Knowledge me how every meal is washed down with wine or ale. No one is ever like, "Can I get a a cup of water?!"

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:russ: Man I thought I was the only one that had to go grocery shopping off of George's food descriptions

Got me at store buying a whole Thanksgiving layout like :beli:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Knowledge me how every meal is washed down with wine or ale. No one is ever like, "Can I get a a cup of water?!"
cant remember the exact scene, but i think it's in AGOT that Stannis orders his cupbearers to bring two cups of cold pure water

after all the talk of ale and wine leaving me dehydrated, shyt had me like :ahh:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
cant remember the exact scene, but i think it's in AGOT that Stannis orders his cupbearers to bring two cups of cold pure water

after all the talk of ale and wine leaving me dehydrated, shyt had me like :ahh:
Stannis' first book was ACOK :patrice: