A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I thought about it and there is ZERO chance Jamie dies this year

I now agree with @TheGreatShowtime that they will not kill a POV character that isnt dead in the books

Why? Because there is no way that D&D will disrespect GRRM like that. We can argue all day about book changes, but the fact is that Jaime is an established major character on the show already and his fate is a huge book mystery. No fukking way that D&D jump ahead into top priority major TWOW material like that. This aint Jojen or Bronn biting the dust. Jaime is too big of a deal.

The only POV's that I can even entertain the possibility of death is Barristan & Areo Hotah (since their POVs are just 'cameras') and possibly Reek or Asha since either of them are set up to die very early in TWOW

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
i've been reading the theories/ridiculously long theses people have written about ASOIAF since i finished ADWD last month

the frey pies theory :heh: so unnecessary and so hilarious
that one is pretty much confirmed and not a theory. My man Manderly be eating good, son.

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
that one is pretty much confirmed and not a theory. My man Manderly be eating good, son.
Yup. That's one of the "theories" that I've pretty much accepted as fact. Wyman Manderly getting Mance to play the Rat King at the feast, his dislike for the Freys, and the biggest piece of evidence is his direct quote at Ramsay's wedding: "The best pie you have ever tasted, my lords. Wash it down with Arbor Gold and savor every bite. I know I shall." He might as well have said it with the :troll: face.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I thought about it and there is ZERO chance Jamie dies this year

I now agree with @TheGreatShowtime that they will not kill a POV character that isnt dead in the books

Why? Because there is no way that D&D will disrespect GRRM like that. We can argue all day about book changes, but the fact is that Jaime is an established major character on the show already and his fate is a huge book mystery. No fukking way that D&D jump ahead into top priority major TWOW material like that. This aint Jojen or Bronn biting the dust. Jaime is too big of a deal.

The only POV's that I can even entertain the possibility of death is Barristan & Areo Hotah (since their POVs are just 'cameras') and possibly Reek or Asha since either of them are set up to die very early in TWOW

Rep me if I'm right :mjcry:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill

Yup. That's one of the "theories" that I've pretty much accepted as fact. Wyman Manderly getting Mance to play the Rat King at the feast, his dislike for the Freys, and the biggest piece of evidence is his direct quote at Ramsay's wedding: "The best pie you have ever tasted, my lords. Wash it down with Arbor Gold and savor every bite. I know I shall." He might as well have said it with the :troll: face.
true, theory in this case meaning not confirmed by the author, so all but definite.

the :troll: is the best part, i like rereading that paragraph, i sit there like :mjlol:

the manderlys are soft and not true northmen, but wyman is out of fukks to give

i see some parallels with him being seen as a fat fool who's actually dangerous and quicker than everyone thinks and moon boy and patchface too :ehh:

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
Can't Tommen or Myrcella or both die? :(

Part of Cersei's fortune (for lack of a better word) was that she'll outlive all her kids. One is dead, so there remains two more (again :( ). And I believe they'll make mention of that fortune telling in the show, right?

Tommen dying would be a pretty big thing seeing that he is the king. And if he died that means Stannis would really be the rightful heir and anyway I'm rambling I'll stop now.

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
Can't Tommen or Myrcella or both die? :(

Part of Cersei's fortune (for lack of a better word) was that she'll outlive all her kids. One is dead, so there remains two more (again :( ). And I believe they'll make mention of that fortune telling in the show, right?

Tommen dying would be a pretty big thing seeing that he is the king. And if he died that means Stannis would really be the rightful heir and anyway I'm rambling I'll stop now.
Are you talking about them dying in this season or in the books? I think they're definitely gonna die before Cersei in the books but I can't see D&D doing that this season. Next season maybe. And yes they have casted a young Cersei for this season so they are definitely going to show her scene where she gets her fortune told by Maggy.

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
Yeah, I meant in this season not the books. The books I'm pretty certain they'll die before Cersei.
I'm not sure how I would feel about them wasting time on screen with that this season. If it's gonna happen in the books anyway then why rush it? There are so many storylines that will either have to be omitted or altered if they spend too much time focusing on non-factors in the show.

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
I'm not sure how I would feel about them wasting time on screen with that this season. If it's gonna happen in the books anyway then why rush it? There are so many storylines that will either have to be omitted or altered if they spend too much time focusing on non-factors in the show.
Good point. Myrcella I think could be killed in some kind of mishap in Dorne when Jamie and Bronn go there. But, killing Tommen off would seem to require some added screen time unless he's just BOOM assassinated by Varys on the last episode of the season or something wild like that.

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if they have the cersei flashback where she is told her kids will die in episode one, i think there is a good chance tommen and myrcella both die in episode 10 to give that whole storyline a nice arc.

yeahisaidit

All Star
Daps
I think Jamie dies in Dorne. Myrcella too, or her disfigurement. If she dies, her death will be the reason he goes down there...

I don't think D&D care about if POV's are alive in the books. They're trying to create their own version of this story. I expect major POV deaths this season.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I just saw this photo, and I'm thinking now that they may just bypass Arianne's character and replace her with Ellaria Sand :patrice:

I'd be OK with this, but I don't know how that'll play out with Aegon being introduced :patrice:

h4gjsd2ce3j0jya75yfl.jpg

Last edited: