A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Not sure how you could say that, remember that 6 POV characters are likely cut from the show entitely

Plus, there are obvioulsly disposable POVs like Areo Hotah and Barristan.....these guys were only POVs so there would be witness to more important things

We dont know what being a POV truly means outside of the big 5 (Bran, Arya, Dany, Jon, Tyrion)

Jaime is the biggest question mark.

Yeah, but I wouldn't consider those POV characters vital to the story (except for Arianne - but I think they're just going to encompass her through the Sand Snakes characters on the show or will introduce her later).

If Jaime is the one who goes to Dorne to get Myrcella, then yeah he might be dead I guess :ld:

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
What does the coli think about the rampant speculation that Sansa is gonna be the one who dies and takes Cat's place as Stoneheart in the show?

Sansa's wolf was "Lady"
She was a b*stard "Stone"
Maybe she gets knifed in the "Heart".

Thoughts? @Adam3000?

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
What does the coli think about the rampant speculation that Sansa is gonna be the one who dies and takes Cat's place as Stoneheart in the show?

Sansa's wolf was "Lady"

Thoughts? @Adam3000?
The lady stoneheart needs the bushes
It's not relevant to the plot at all

Sansa's current storyline with Littlefinger is much more important

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

George R.R. Martin Warns of Upcoming TV Show Deaths

Game of Thrones author George R.R. Martin has warned book readers they may not be too happy with some of the deaths coming in Season 5 of the TV adaptation.

16 FEB 2015 BY LUKE KARMALI

Speaking to Showbiz411 at the Writers Guild West Awards this weekend, Martin explained show runners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have decided to kill off several characters who (at the time of writing) remain unmaimed in the source material.

“People are going to die who don’t die in the books, so even the book readers will be unhappy," he said. "Everybody better be on their toes. David and D.B. are even bloodier than I am.”

Martin also suggested the original plan for seven seasons of the popular HBO show may be slightly flexible after all, as he didn't seem to rule out the possibility of it continuing some way into the future.

"Not really certain yet," he said when asked how many seasons we should expect. "This is the fifth season, the sixth season HBO picked up last year. We will have a 7th, 8th or 9th, no one knows. They only renew one or two seasons at a time. After we do season 6, maybe we’ll get a renewal for 7th and 8th. That all depends, Television is a very changeable medium."

Whether some of these deaths hint at what's to come in future books remains to be seen. Unfortunately, seeing as the long awaited sixth book, The Winds of Winter, isn't coming this year, we're going to have to wait quite a while before we get our answers. In the meantime, check out the new trailer for the upcoming fifth season of HBO's Game of Thrones.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02...ns-of-upcoming-game-of-thrones-tv-show-deaths

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
The lady stoneheart needs the bushes
It's not relevant to the plot at all

Sansa's current storyline with Littlefinger is much more important

I don't know. If Stoneheart comes through in TWOW, crushing Freys and killing Jame and Brienne, then she becomes a lot more relevant. I'm not saying Sansa Stoneheart is the best idea for the books, but I could see the possibilities in the show if Stoneheart actually does do some snuff damage in the next book.

But yeah, I don't really like it either.

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Sansa might take Stoneheart's place in getting revenge on the Freys but I don't think she needs to go the dying/resurrection route to do it. Maybe this is where Brienne's storyline intersects? Or maybe Brienne hears about Fake Arya and she helps Theon and Fake Arya escape the Boltons? They def need to start bringing some of these plotlines together as they head into the final 2 seasons.

Out of characters that are still alive in the books but might die this season, maybe Tommen? Maybe Varys kills him at the end of the season instead of/or along with Kevan.

I don't think we get the battle of Mereen in the show. We'll get Daznak's pit in episode 9 and Dany deciding she's had enough and wants to invade Westeros in episode 10. Then S6 will deal with Dany vs Lannisters, with the Sand Snakes/Faith Militant also helping bring down the Lannisters.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
I don't know. If Stoneheart comes through in TWOW, crushing Freys and killing Jame and Brienne, then she becomes a lot more relevant. I'm not saying Sansa Stoneheart is the best idea for the books, but I could see the possibilities in the show if Stoneheart actually does do some snuff damage in the next book.

But yeah, I don't really like it either.

Her group is small and would not really be large enough to tip the scales. In the books shes out there killing enemies, but it is a small number where they can leave her out and still continue the story. Littlefinger is grooming Sansa(which he needs to control the Vale/North) in how the game is palyed, which seems much more central to the plot.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA

Sansa's wolf was "Lady"

Thoughts? @Adam3000?

Although I do think there is a reasonable chance that Sansa takes on elements of Lady Stonehearts character, I don't think the naming thing has anything to do with it. GRRM gave her the name Alayne Stone and gave her direwolf the name Lady, not D&D. So that would be pure coincidence.

I actually like the idea overall of her becoming the show Lady Stoneheart, but only in the sense of killing Frey's secretively....not in terms of death/resurrection. It would seem silly for D&D to go THAT FAR with it when Sansa obviously has a different role to play. If D&D wanted a zombie Stoneheart, they would have brought Cat back. They obviously just don't want it and don't think they have the time.

But Sansa killing Frey's and continuing her book story arc? :feedme:Yes please

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
i've been reading the theories/ridiculously long theses people have written about ASOIAF since i finished ADWD last month

the frey pies theory :heh: so unnecessary and so hilarious

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jaime is the leading candidate to kill Cersei in the books though, so I doubt he dies before her in the show.