A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Small mix up. I got confused with the show and the books.

And the Rhaegar/Robert thing. Okay. Jaime killed no one important though. I still win. The Smiling Knight doesn't count. You'd impressed me if you said Jaime killed the Smiling Knight. He didn't. Arthur did :manny: In the same fashion, Ned was good enough to spar with Arthur Dayne for five minutes and not die. Long enough to hold off the best swordsman of all time for Howland to work his swamp voodoo magic. Does it mean anything? No. Arthur would've merked Ned if Howland wasn't there and the Smiling Knight would've murked Jaime if Dayne wasn't there.
Bruh. Stop making shyt up :beli: "Ned was good enough to spar with Arthur Dayne for five minutes and not die."

Show me the quote :beli:

All we know about that fight is it was 7 on 3, and in the end all that was left standing was Ned and Reed, and Ned attests that he would have died if it weren't for Howland.

Where the fukk does Ned and Dayne sparring for five minutes come from? :skip:

There are straight up and down quotes/thoughts from characters in the series, and all they do is annoint Jamie as the dude.

You're basing everything on absolute conjecture and make believe, completely ignoring the fact that the fukking author of the book is telling you repeatedly how great Jamie is.

And, to FURTHER rip your non-argument to shreds

YOU'RE REALLY TRYNA SPIN JAMIE AS STUPID IN RELATION TO ROBERT BEING SMART???????????????????:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

Robert is the DEFINITION of a fukking hot-head. You talk about what Jamie did the second he didn't have help from smarter generals. Ignoring the fact that Robert WAS GOING TO DIE AT THE STONEY SEPT UNTIL NED AND JON ARRYN SHOWED UP AND SAVED HIS ASS.

Also, ROBERT WAS FIGHTING NO ONE FOR "YEARS". HE FOUGHT FOR LITERALLY, A SINGLE YEAR. THAT'S HOW LONG THE REBELLION LASTED. Before that, he was just at the Vale with Ned, and after that, he was a fat drunk on the throne. That's it. Robert literally was in combat for a year. Jamie has spent more than half of his life with sword in hand, which is where he is at the beginning of the series.

There is ZERO textual evidence for Robert being able to beat Jamie. NONE. EVERY respected warrior who has seen or known of Jamie respects him. The most Robert gets is "He was strong :salute:"
I'm not muddling anything.

You tried to use the fact that Jaime was a teenager during Robert's Rebellion as a reason why he wasn't doing shyt. .
No, I'm not. Jamie wasn't doing shyt in Robert's Rebellion because Aerys had him hostage in the Red Keep.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
And I did forget about Mance...but then again Jon isn't really trying to kill the man he is supposed to pledge his sword too :usure:
But didn't Mance give him that work when we all thought he was Rattleshirt?
“He mislaid his sword in Eddard Karstark’s neck, after he took Torrhen’s hand off and split Daryn Hornwood’s skull open,” Robb said. “All the time he was shouting for me. If they hadn’t tried to stop him--” Robb was shook.:mjlol:

"If we do it your way Kingslayer, you'll win. We're not doing it your way."

Robb after Jamie challenged to him to fight one on one and end the war. Robb was smart enough to know he didn't want those kind of problems since he was winning the war the conventional way.

curz

Don of all Dons
Daps
Reppin
Dade
Didnt Jaime lose to The Hound or somebody in that tourney Robert held for Ned?

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Lmao @ King Robert being smarter than Jaime. Robert would have been a dead ass nikka for the rebellion if it wasn't for Jon Connington's dumb ass looking for a fair fight of honor instead of doing his fukking job like the Mad King sent him out to do.

Jaime shows he's smarter than Robert when he goes out to the Riverlands fixing shyt.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
yo this game of thrones game is pretty good :ehh:

definitely looking forward to the rest of it being released.

for those of u who played it

who did u pick as your sentinel? i wanna pick duncan but i think i need a wartime consigliere :pachaha:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Damn.....they got Samarais and Emperors over in Asshai and the Jade Sea but we'll never see them :mjcry: Gangsta azz nikkas riding Zebras and shyt :mjcrydoughboy:

image.jpg

image.jpg

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
I just finished AFFC brehs

:whew:

Does a Dance With Dragons end after the events of Feast For Crows? I know they're supposed to run concurrently :damn: So many cliffhangers :why:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I just finished AFFC brehs

:whew:

Does a Dance With Dragons end after the events of Feast For Crows? I know they're supposed to run concurrently :damn: So many cliffhangers :why:

It moves forward about 2/3 through the book for some characters.

Some AFFC cliffhangers remain, and some new ADWD cliffhangers are created.

Be happy you should get Winds of Winter hopefully within a year of you finishing

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
It moves forward about 2/3 through the book for some characters.

Some AFFC cliffhangers remain, and some new ADWD cliffhangers are created.

Be happy you should get Winds of Winter hopefully within a year of you finishing
:damn:

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
picked up the World of Ice and fire. good book even though i wish it would have told more of the Long Night and the Doom. but that's under wraps

Aegon the Conqeur wasa beast though. Told the Lord of Harrenhall he has until nightfall to surrender or he ends his bloodline.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
picked up the World of Ice and fire. good book even though i wish it would have told more of the Long Night and the Doom. but that's under wraps

Aegon the Conqeur wasa beast though. Told the Lord of Harrenhall he has until nightfall to surrender or he ends his bloodline.

I just finished reading about the conquest :wow:

That deserves it's own 3 part movie saga