A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Prime Robert was a beast but he was wildly, part of Jamie's irritation with him is that even in his prime he knows he could just kill him and skirt off with Cersei (:scusthov:)

Robert was wild and strong but a real swordsman woulda knifed him up. And truly he was lucky Dayne, Whent and Hightower wern't on the Trident.

That tells you how much of a bytch Rhaegar Targaryen was... And that many that faced him in the Tourney of Harrenhal including Dayne were probably jobbing. :skip:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
I'm starving out here brehs. My ribs touching :mjcry:
I actually paid $50 just to have something to read :mjcry:

SjtLYnN.jpg

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I'm starving out here brehs. My ribs touching :mjcry: I actually paid $50 just to have something to read :mjcry:

SjtLYnN.jpg

when did u buy it breh? somebody had just put up an amazon link that had it for $25 for the holidays

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
I have doubts Jaime could have killed Robert.

Robert was a beast in his prime. He was basically Mike Tyson, meaning he was just as strong as The Mountain and the Hound but, fast enough to keep up with anyone. Remember.....Jaime fought in no real wars until TWOTFK. He's called top 5 dead or alive without actually proving it in real battle. Robert was knee deep in wars by his 23rd birthday. If they're both wearing armor and mail, Jaime would have to be near-perfect and find the weak spot in Robert's armor. Meanwhile all Robert would need is one opening and his hammer would cave in Jaime's sternum, armor and all.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I have doubts Jaime could have killed Robert.

Robert was a beast in his prime. He was basically Mike Tyson, meaning he was just as strong as The Mountain and the Hound but, fast enough to keep up with anyone. Remember.....Jaime fought in no real wars until TWOTFK. He's called top 5 dead or alive without actually proving it in real battle. Robert was knee deep in wars by his 23rd birthday. If they're both wearing armor and mail, Jaime would have to be near-perfect and find the weak spot in Robert's armor. Meanwhile all Robert would need is one opening and his hammer would cave in Jaime's sternum, armor and all.

Robert was wounded by Rhaegar at the Trident, and Rhaegar who wasn't even that good at melee in the first place. IMO Prime Jaime >>>>>>> Prime Rhaegar and he wouldn't have given Robert that kind of opening during a one on one fight.

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
I'm starving out here brehs. My ribs touching :mjcry:
I actually paid $50 just to have something to read :mjcry:

SjtLYnN.jpg

Worth the read or is everything in the book already told throughout the 5 already released?

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
just copped the telltale game on my phone. so far shyt is pretty dope :ohlawd:

when i realized what event the beginning of it took place i almost lost my shyt :gladbron:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
anyone else find it kinda funny how everyone hates GRRM? :heh:

no one told us to spend hours of our lives reading and reflecting on this world he's built. we should hail him as a goddamn hero, the ONE mind that makes grown ass people get siced for ice zombies and dragon prophecies and shyt. yet he's like to get punched in the face by half his fans

:yeshrug: the idea of someone on their deathbed being like "is jon a targaryen?? :lupe: " is hilarious. i'd hope i'd be able to leave this world with such thoughts on my mind

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Robert was wounded by Rhaegar at the Trident, and Rhaegar who wasn't even that good at melee in the first place. IMO Prime Jaime >>>>>>> Prime Rhaegar and he wouldn't have given Robert that kind of opening during a one on one fight.

You mean like Oberyn didn't give the Mountain an opening :skip: Skill can win you fights but you better not slip up once or else you get you face caved in. All Robert needs is ONE hit and that hammer would crush a couple bones. What's the likelihood Robert doesn't hit Jaime once the whole fight? I don't like those odds either :damn: And remember, Ned Stark isn't an excellence swordsman at all, and he was able to go five minutes with Jaime. An old Ned Stark. Ned couldn't even lift Robert's hammer because it was so heavy.

Jaime wouldn't want these problems :damn:

tumblr_mk18dtFsVh1rr76d2o1_500.jpg

Whatsoever :damn:

hammerwarrior_by_nilmonils-d6kfull.jpg

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
:banderas: if grrm would have done his time jump and rickon woulda came out on some 15 year old ruthless warrior shyt. brolic as hell with shaggydogg full grown and angry and an army of skagos cannibals ready to rock for him.

imagine him leading a horde of skagosi into battle riding on unicorns :wow:

There's still opportunity for a time jump. I could get behind this. Martin doesn't really waste characters, (with the exception of the Martell BBQ) and I don't think he would keep a Stark out there in obscurity.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
You mean like Oberyn didn't give the Mountain an opening :skip: Skill can win you fights but you better not slip up once or else you get you face caved in. All Robert needs is ONE hit and that hammer would crush a couple bones. What's the likelihood Robert doesn't hit Jaime once the whole fight? I don't like those odds either :damn: And remember, Ned Stark isn't an excellence swordsman at all, and he was able to go five minutes with Jaime. An old Ned Stark. Ned couldn't even lift Robert's hammer because it was so heavy.

In the bolded area 1. Its high actually, Jamie is literally the BEST pound for pound fighter with both his hands, only Barristan can see him.
in bolded area 2. that fight NEVER HAPPENS, :snoop: Seriously, I explain this like ever thread.

When dealing with heavy weapons its all or nothing, Jamie is skilled enough to inflict minor wounds that would make Robert even slower...he doesn't need to kill him in one blow...even though with his skill if Robert misses once he'd prolly decapitate him.