A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
anyone play the game? fukk that ending man.

Yeah. shyt was :whoo:

But upon reflection, this definitely does not count as book cannon, but the question is whether it even counts as show cannon.

Not trying to keep up with the series if its just fan fiction:scust:

Cory MBA

Bigger Picture
Daps
i think that im burned out on GOT until WOW comes out. my wife got me the world of ice n fire book for my bday and its just sitting there. ive read a little of it but maybe i needed a break cause i was heavy in the shyt. fukking reading theories about hotpie being a secret targaryen n shyt :beli:
Same here. I disengaged from reading the World of Ice and Fire. Lots of background but no dialogue. If someone can convince me that its more than descriptions, I will resume the task.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Same here. I disengaged from reading the World of Ice and Fire. Lots of background but no dialogue. If someone can convince me that its more than descriptions, I will resume the task.

yea it was feeling like a school textbook. i know ima eventually read the whole thing cause i love the history but right now im just too burnt out to read anything that doesnt advance the story.

any sample chapters get dropped and im like a ravenous junkie on that tho. i read tyrion's chapter like 3 times.

Cory MBA

Bigger Picture
Daps
yea it was feeling like a school textbook. i know ima eventually read the whole thing cause i love the history but right now im just too burnt out to read anything that doesnt advance the story.

any sample chapters get dropped and im like a ravenous junkie on that tho. i read tyrion's chapter like 3 times.
I am not reading any samples. When I read WoW, I want to be like :gladbron:

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
so has GRRM surpassed Tolkien?

Depends entirely on how this series ends.

If this 12 days of Westeros thing isn't a release date for TWOW (a firm release date :damn:) I'm going to be so heated/disappointed/furious/depressed. I can't imagine what it was like to wait for AFFC and ADWD to come out. People waited 11 years to find out what happened to Tryion, Jon, Dany.

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
something i always wanted to know...what is GRRM favorite House in the series?

House Frey & House Bolton

tumblr_inline_mp1gjvhIVF1qz4rgp.jpg