A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Anyone else think that black dude from lost is playing Tyrions boat captain from the summer isles?​

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Oh and somebody post a pic of the World of Ice and Fire.
I wanna see how big the book is
Im picking mines up tomorrow​

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
:whoa: i have zero problems with him eating that fresh box. prolly felt like fresh snow falling on weirwood :ahh:

in fact wildling life >>> night's watch life imo
looking back on what tormund is saying to jon about how he could just casually hit it and quit it, ygritte might not have been so fresh after all :intoodeep:

in the show tormund is blown because she loves jon.

IF THE BOOK FALLS IN LINE WITH THE SHOW PLEASE DONT TELL ME NOW, I'D LIKE TO DISCOVER THAT FOR MYSELF THANKS

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
ASOS/ADWD spoilers

Honestly I think the biggest thing that fukked Robb up was being named king of the Riverlands. The territory can't really be defended but he had to try since they were his people. If he didn't have to worry about them he could have just gone north, retaken Winterfell, and dared the Lannisters to fukk with him. Just a few weeks...then boom, Tywin is dead. And that would effectively be the end. Then Aegon would show up a few months later, and soon everyone would know about Dany and her dragons. Robb could have been the next "King Who Knelt" and bent the knee to Dany.

Honestly if he got back north I think Robb would listen to Jon and join him on the Wall to fight against the Others.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
so im 200 pages deep in ASOS :ehh:

i know you're supposed to see clearly the deep flaws in everyone's character and all that

but why did robb turn bytch so fast :why:breh married a girl after one night :snoop: and throws his literal other half in the bushes for it after grey wind proved he was down to ride?

and yeah i've seen the show so i know how this ends, and that makes it even worse. i dont remember the showing explaining why grey wind was caged up outside but now i get it :crymario:

He gets that from his father...the whole "honor" thing...he did it because he thought it was something his father would do..fukking up a women honor by fukking her and not wedding her is "UN-Stark" like.....that nobility got him killed in the end...as well as NED.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
He gets that from his father...the whole "honor" thing...he did it because he thought it was something his father would do....that nobility got him killed in the end...as well as NED.
honor is only valid currency up north

and even then you get man like leech lord and his b*stard :intoodeep:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
honor is only valid currency up north

and even then you get man like leech lord and his b*stard :intoodeep:

Honor is subjective. The Starks never understood that and that's why Ned and Robb are dead. You can have honor but there are times in life when the dishonorable thing needs to be done for the greater good. That's why cats like Littlefinger, Varys and Tywin are in an unfukkwithable class. (Tywin's flaws aren't in his ability but in his obsession with legacy).

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Honor is subjective. The Starks never understood that and that's why Ned and Robb are dead. You can have honor but there are times in life when the dishonorable thing needs to be done for the greater good. That's why cats like Littlefinger, Varys and Tywin are in an unfukkwithable class. (Tywin's flaws aren't in his ability but in his obsession with legacy).

I don't think the trait of honor that Ned picks up is even Stark-like. I think that shyt was from Jon Arryn.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill