A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

NUPE 1911

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does anyone else think that the Dothraki squad that Dany saw is gonna follow her now since she got a big ass dragon with her and help her get back to Mereen?

And on a side note i think that the Starks have the best future ahead of them right now... all of em are making moves that are gonna make em stronger than anyone else by the 7th book (aside from maybe the Targaryens) cuz im sure Jon is gonna come back as AA, arya is finna comeback to westeros with a different face and pull a power move assassination, bran might end up being a real king beyond the wall with all of the shyt he can control, Cat is sure to have followers once people see she still exists (maybe even the Others), and sansa is finna play the game and come up.

but who knows wtf goes on in Martins head :yeshrug:

All this is possible but right now the Stark's are Carolina Bobcat status...

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Does anyone else think that the Dothraki squad that Dany saw is gonna follow her now since she got a big ass dragon with her and help her get back to Mereen?

Barristan gotta hold off the Sons of Harpy and them attacking from Yunkai and Astapor. With 3 companies of mercs....but i think Victarion is gonna come through and murk. Barristan dies.

Skilltastrophy

Mizzou Mafia
Daps
Barristan gotta hold off the Sons of Harpy and them attacking from Yunkai and Astapor. With 3 companies of mercs....but i think Victarion is gonna come through and murk. Barristan dies.

If the homey Barristan dies I might have to pour one out :wow:

that's like someone murking Jordan...they can't be taking out the best swordsman to ever grace the seven kingdoms :to:

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Again, you're missing my fukking point. It's not about what Cersei did. It's the fact that the church shouldn't have a say in matters of state. The church shouldn't have an army. The church should only concern itself with religion. If the smallfolk want to riot, that's their business, but they shouldn't do it under the church's banner. By definition in a monarchy the monarch(and the royal family) is the supreme power in a state. The church should have no business judging them.

Also the Tyrells/ the Reach are the biggest supplier of food in Westeros. How is antagonizing them going to help the food problem?
This ain't the U.S. with some separation of church and state law. shyt like this has happened IRL all the time where the church was more powerful than the monarchy. During medieval times especially, which this is loosely centered around. At times the church ran shyt, not the king. This shyt goes back to the question about the rich man, the priest, and the king, and who has the power.

And you talking about them not biting the hand that feeds them, but that hand should have never given them teeth without an effective leash. It's why I said in the first few pages of this thread that Cersei wasn't nearly as cunning as some of the other players and definitely not as smart as she thought she was. She was always shortsighted in her schemes, and it's why she eventually set herself up for failure. And anyways, fukk that bytch, she done had hers coming for a loooong time. It's like Nupe said she's a dumbass, but a great character.

In regards to the Starks, I honestly don't think they're any worse off than any of the other power families. It just seems that way because we got to know them more intimately early on in the series and they were kinda presented as the protaganist, plus they caught most of their l's much earlier than a lot of the other families, with the exception of Jon. But the survivors are probably in more of a position to make some major power moves than any other family in the book. They may be scattered all over the place, but as I said earlier, they are shaping up to be like the X-Men of the Seven Kingdoms. And in the case of Bran, distance isn't even relevant, hell time isn't even relevant. I'm rereading the series now and only on ASOS, but I recall Bran being able to see and whisper to his pops in the past through the weirwood. He ain't even scratched the surface of what he can do I bet.

Finally, I agree with what a bunch of others have already said about the spoilers. This shyt is about the series and is an enter at your own risk thread. We don't need to be placing everything in spoiler tags. The thread was created to freely discuss what's transpired in the books. Let's do that.

Roger Sterling

Senior Alias
Daps
Question about Robb's armies...

During the Red Wedding a number of the leaders get killed, as well as, I think, an unspecified number of soldiers outside in the tents. I've not read the books in a long time but what happened to the rest of them? They were 20,000 or so. Were they all killed outside? I can't imagine that being the case. Did they just go home?

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Question about Robb's armies...

During the Red Wedding a number of the leaders get killed, as well as, I think, an unspecified number of soldiers outside in the tents. I've not read the books in a long time but what happened to the rest of them? They were 20,000 or so. Were they all killed outside? I can't imagine that being the case. Did they just go home?

By far most of them got killed, remember they dropped the tents on them and lit them sh!ts on fire. Imagine all that mayhem + the horses all going crazy and stampeding + multiple armies lighting you up with arrows.

Add on to that most of them were drunk out of their minds. I don't think Robb took 20 thou there, but of the people he brought I can imagine them pretty much being wiped out.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Let's not forget about Rickon either; we all think Arya is badass but the only time she's been in a situation as grim as he is in now was when she was the mountain's captive.

George is keeping Rickon on the low but I'm expecting Davos to find a beast.

Roger Sterling

Senior Alias
Daps
By far most of them got killed, remember they dropped the tents on them and lit them sh!ts on fire. Imagine all that mayhem + the horses all going crazy and stampeding + multiple armies lighting you up with arrows.

Add on to that most of them were drunk out of their minds. I don't think Robb took 20 thou there, but of the people he brought I can imagine them pretty much being wiped out.

I dunno, 20,000 is a hell of a lot of people. How many did they Freys have? A few thousand? Boltons turned too, I think... but even still.

Let's not forget about Rickon either; we all think Arya is badass but the only time she's been in a situation as grim as he is in now was when she was the mountain's captive.

George is keeping Rickon on the low but I'm expecting Davos to find a beast.

Rickon is what? Four in the book?

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
I dunno, 20,000 is a hell of a lot of people. How many did they Freys have? A few thousand? Boltons turned too, I think... but even still.

Rickon is what? Four in the book?
yeah

shaggydog is a beast though.

how the fukk is a four year old controlling that. Or are all the Starks just like there wolves?

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
It wasnt 20k

Theres no way anyones killing 20k fighters at one place:snoop:

The Red Wedding was a massacre that took place at the Twins in 299AL during the War of the Five Kings, in which the King in the North, Robb Stark, his mother Catelyn Stark, and most of his 3,500 bannermen were slaughtered