A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
:beli: C'mon breh. You've seen all the bytching about spoilers in the TV show threads here and the other site. This is the book series thread. fukk a spoiler tag. If you're up in this thread without having finished ADWD that's your own risk.

I'm convinced Jaime is gonna end up killing Cersei, just not sure how that will go down with Brienne after him. Varys murking Kevan sets up a serious roadblock to the Tyrells's seemingly clear road to power. Margaery is gonna win her trial, and there's no proof that Loras is actually on his deathbed. You know how GRRM works: if a character's death or grievous injury doesn't happen for us to see, it probably didn't happen. Plus, Highgarden holds like half the seats on the small council. They're set up to basically take over. But I think the High Septon is gonna get involved in finding out about Kevan's death and that's gonna fukk everything up.
I been telling dudes forever that there's no real indication that Loras got hit with that oil.

Highgarden is and has been on the come up for a LONG TIME

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
You know, not that I'm defending Cersei, but was anyone else mad at reading about the High Septon's bullshyt? By what authority does that motherfukker presume to judge queens?

maybe he feels that his gods are above, kings and queens

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:beli: C'mon breh. You've seen all the bytching about spoilers in the TV show threads here and the other site. This is the book series thread. fukk a spoiler tag. If you're up in this thread without having finished ADWD that's your own risk.

Yeah, I'm almost done with AFfC but I've been dodging the spoilers in here. Only read posts quoted by me anyway or the ones talking about what happens in the first three books. Only thing I've been spoiled of was Renly's death back in SOHH's version of this thread my damn fault though :manny:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Yeah, I'm almost done with AFfC but I've been dodging the spoilers in here. Only read posts quoted by me anyway are the ones talking about what happens in the first three books. Only thing I've been spoiled off was Renly's death back in SOHH's version of this thread my damn fault though :manny:

I always make a point to keep spoilers out of the TV show thread cause that would be wack to have shyt ruined for you like that. You're braver than me tho cause I'd avoid a thread like this like the plague if I wasn't done with all the books. But it is addictive talking about this series.

@Mr. Pink

The High Septon is operating off of his beliefs but also operating off of the very premise of the series: might makes right. He's pretty much got a standing army at his command. The Faith used to be a power in the Seven Kingdoms and even warred against the Targs back in the day. The High Septon's about to fukk shyt up for some people.

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
The High Septon is operating off of his beliefs but also operating off of the very premise of the series: might makes right. He's pretty much got a standing army at his command. The Faith used to be a power in the Seven Kingdoms and even warred against the Targs back in the day. The High Septon's about to fukk shyt up for some people.

Well in that case that motherfukker is gonna realize he's boxing above his weight class. The Faith's 'army' is a underequiped rag tag bunch of amateurs. Even with the Lannisters in disarray, Mace Tyrell and Randyll Tarly have their armies outside KL. :shaq:
Ninja did you miss the part where Kettleblack confessed to fukking her?
You're missing my point. What gives the church the right to meddle in state affairs and essentially bite the arm that feeds them? It was Cersei who gave the Faith their teeth back in the first place.

NUPE 1911

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know, not that I'm defending Cersei, but was anyone else mad at reading about the High Septon's bullshyt? By what authority does that motherfukker presume to judge queens?

Cersei is the one that basically gave the Septon all his power, allowed him to build a militia, put the idea in the Septon's head that he could conduct trials, etc.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees

fukk Cersei. She was giving out nothing but grief for 3.5 books it was time for her to take that L.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
Well in that case that motherfukker is gonna realize he's boxing above his weight class. The Faith's 'army' is a underequiped rag tag bunch of amateurs. Even with the Lannisters in disarray, Mace Tyrell and Randyll Tarly have their armies outside KL. :shaq:
You're missing my point. What gives the church the right to meddle in state affairs and essentially bite the arm that feeds them? It was Cersei who gave the Faith their teeth back in the first place.

:bryan:

Again the fukk you talking about. Cersei has been an absolute c*nt of a queen. Osney confesses the actual truth that Cersei had him lie and he killed the previous High Septon under her orders.

Theres a war. The smallfolk are being neglected to the point they are and have been starving to death. Pretty much people are pissed and shes not really queen anymore. Shes the queens mother.

Killakidkano

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
England
The church feeds The crown, they owed them a million gold dragons also without the church you don't have the support of the peasants. Plus this High septon is incorruptible unlike the last two who were pawns for Cersei or Tyrion

NUPE 1911

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The church feeds The crown, they owed them a million gold dragons also without the church you don't have the support of the peasants. Plus this High septon is incorruptible unlike the last two who were pawns for Cersei or Tyrion

My recollection is that Cersei allowed the Church / Septon to build some sort of militia in exchange for lowering or forgiving the Crown's debt. She also thought this would hurt Stannis since Stannis did not worship the seven gods.

She also then put the idea in the Septon's head that the Church should conduct trial's in order to hurt Margerry Tyrell (Sp?)

Cersei is essentially a fool but a great character in the books.

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
:bryan:

Again the fukk you talking about. Cersei has been an absolute c*nt of a queen. Osney confesses the actual truth that Cersei had him lie and he killed the previous High Septon under her orders.

Theres a war. The smallfolk are being neglected to the point they are and have been starving to death. Pretty much people are pissed and shes not really queen anymore. Shes the queens mother.
Again, you're missing my fukking point. It's not about what Cersei did. It's the fact that the church shouldn't have a say in matters of state. The church shouldn't have an army. The church should only concern itself with religion. If the smallfolk want to riot, that's their business, but they shouldn't do it under the church's banner. By definition in a monarchy the monarch(and the royal family) is the supreme power in a state. The church should have no business judging them.

Also the Tyrells/ the Reach are the biggest supplier of food in Westeros. How is antagonizing them going to help the food problem?

NaiSim

HEAR ME ROAR!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
nj
I been telling dudes forever that there's no real indication that Loras got hit with that oil.

Highgarden is and has been on the come up for a LONG TIME

Highgarden getting punked by the Ironmen. :to:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Does anyone else think that the Dothraki squad that Dany saw is gonna follow her now since she got a big ass dragon with her and help her get back to Mereen?

And on a side note i think that the Starks have the best future ahead of them right now... all of em are making moves that are gonna make em stronger than anyone else by the 7th book (aside from maybe the Targaryens) cuz im sure Jon is gonna come back as AA, arya is finna comeback to westeros with a different face and pull a power move assassination, bran might end up being a real king beyond the wall with all of the shyt he can control, Cat is sure to have followers once people see she still exists (maybe even the Others), and sansa is finna play the game and come up.

but who knows wtf goes on in Martins head :yeshrug:

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
I agree. The Stark children are the closest thing the series has to heroes, albeit unusual heroes(with the exception of Jon).