A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Can you refresh my memory? I remember her taking the walk of shame and don't recall her doing much after that.

Varys took out Kevan and she has "Robert Strong" as her champion. Who is gonna beat him, unless the Hound come through. Maragery's champion is on his death bed. Things are looking up for Cersei for the time being.

NUPE 1911

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Robb was a great warrior but his political acumen was lacking. He was Ned's son indeed...

HAHA!

Arya, Sansa and Azor Ahi will be better at the game of thrones than their parents and/or foster parents....

NaiSim

HEAR ME ROAR!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
nj
I think Robb declaring himself King in the North was one of his biggest mistakes. He let the Greatjon and the rest of his bannerman gas him up. When he did that any possibilty of an alliance with any great house vanished. None of the people who laid a claim to the Iron Throne would have accepted being king of only half a kingdom. Even bytch ass Renly warned Catelyn about that.

Another great mistake was sending Roose Bolton away, and not just because it would have prevented the Red Wedding. If Roose was there to throw cold water on the KITN idea and advise Robb adopt a more...conciliatory position, Robb could have allied himself with Stannis and the war would have been won.
He sent Roose away because Roose scared him.:what:

Robb was a great warrior but his political acumen was lacking. He was Ned's son indeed...
Robb's problem was that the Riverlords declared him their king as well. Being King of the North = great idea.

Being King in the North as well as the Riverlands = terrible idea.
After Ned was murdered, Robb should have marched back North and declared hinself independent. The Riverlords should have joined Renly.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Stark's stay losing:

Robb - Murdered by Frey's and Lannister's

Bran - Crippled by a Lannister

Eddard - Beheaded at command of a Lannister

Catelyn - Murdered by Frey's and Lannister's

Sansa - Held captive by Lannister's, forced to marry a Lannister troll, beaten and herbed by Lannister's

Winterfell - Burned to ground by Ramsey, a b*stard.

I could go on and on about the Stark's getting sonned.

Littlefinger is the only dude to fukk with the Starks and not get payback at this point, Winter is Coming for that sneaky muthafukka though.

Robb - Freys getting got ALL OVER the Kingdom for what they did to him. Lannisters :rudy:

Bran - the Lannister that crippled him has been crippled himself. Plus Bran is on that God shyt, Jamie's arms literally too short to box with the god now :krs:

Eddard - Joffrey :ahh: Again, Littlefinger the only one that got away with this.

Catelyn - Taking down the Freys, and pretty much everyone else, one by one.

Sansa - indirectly killed Joffrey, doomed Tyrion which in turn got Tywin got. Plus she about to start playing the game of thrones...

Winterfell - Theon :shaq: RAmsay about to get it, "The North Remembers"

Don't get me wrong - the Starks got theirs.

Targaryens were virtually annihilated though, the Lannisters are worse off. Noone is going to avenge Tywin or Joffrey, while most of the north is still riding for Ned & Robb.

Just waiting for the Greatjon to be released...

NUPE 1911

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Littlefinger is the only dude to fukk with the Starks and not get payback at this point, Winter is Coming for that sneaky muthafukka though.

Robb - Freys getting got ALL OVER the Kingdom for what they did to him. Lannisters :rudy:

Bran - the Lannister that crippled him has been crippled himself. Plus Bran is on that God shyt, Jamie's arms literally too short to box with the god now :krs:

Eddard - Joffrey :ahh: Again, Littlefinger the only one that got away with this.

Catelyn - Taking down the Freys, and pretty much everyone else, one by one.

Sansa - indirectly killed Joffrey, doomed Tyrion which in turn got Tywin got. Plus she about to start playing the game of thrones...

Winterfell - Theon :shaq: RAmsay about to get it, "The North Remembers"

Don't get me wrong - the Starks got theirs.

Targaryens were virtually annihilated though, the Lannisters are worse off. Noone is going to avenge Tywin or Joffrey, while most of the north is still riding for Ned & Robb.

Just waiting for the Greatjon to be released...

:no:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
There are people who are'nt that far, it's done as a courtesy :yeshrug:

:beli: C'mon breh. You've seen all the bytching about spoilers in the TV show threads here and the other site. This is the book series thread. fukk a spoiler tag. If you're up in this thread without having finished ADWD that's your own risk.

I'm convinced Jaime is gonna end up killing Cersei, just not sure how that will go down with Brienne after him. Varys murking Kevan sets up a serious roadblock to the Tyrells's seemingly clear road to power. Margaery is gonna win her trial, and there's no proof that Loras is actually on his deathbed. You know how GRRM works: if a character's death or grievous injury doesn't happen for us to see, it probably didn't happen. Plus, Highgarden holds like half the seats on the small council. They're set up to basically take over. But I think the High Septon is gonna get involved in finding out about Kevan's death and that's gonna fukk everything up.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
Anyone else worried that this old fat dude will die before he finishes the series?:sadcam:

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
You know, not that I'm defending Cersei, but was anyone else mad at reading about the High Septon's bullshyt? By what authority does that motherfukker presume to judge queens?